Vista revisited (Havana Cabana this time)...... A fairly lengthy review with pics

jimbo5544

Jimbo I rarely get on here anymore. But glad I did today to find another review from you. Thanks for sharing

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thanks for the kind words..... While I understand, you are missed, hope to see more of you.

We then pulled up anchor (....OK, we detached from the mooring line), unfurled the mainsail (catch the nautical theme here;)) and began the sail over to Nevis. Lunch was included and nice and the bar opened. It took about 45 minutes and we beached up on a beach that was pretty close to the 4 Seasons resort. Here are some pics from that beach.

1z68vl.jpg

vg4ldw.jpg

2q3d5hs.jpg

kdwf4i.jpg

We got to stay on the beach for about an hour and a half (which seemed about right) and then the cat came back to pick us up. As we re-boarded and began our trip back, the music began and the bar on the ship opened up again. The alcohol seemed to begin taking affect and soon some of the cruisers began dancing, and got some of the crew dancing with them.

21jav89.jpg

2j34eib.jpg

rbxuvq.jpg

The group seemed to have a pretty darn good time and most seemed most appreciative to the crew as we left the boat. As we walked back, hear the view we saw walking back to the ship..... I call these shots cruise ship canyons.....

ravl2f.jpg

2s9xd2q.jpg

It was quite a day..... We met our next door table mates for a drink in the lobby before dinner. Stories were passed and we enjoyed the music. After dinner we spent a little time in Red Frog and then some more in the Oceans Plaza listening to the entertainment, then off to bed.....

Next up St Maarten....or where the heck did all these ships come from.

St Maarten is a great port to see as you sail in. In some ports you come straight in and others like this one, you get a great landscape of the islands on the port side (the side our Havana Cabana cabin faces). This was our view (sorry no pics here....) as we sailed in. It gave us a great view of the Dutch side as we approached. Several years ago they added an additional pier, which gave them significant additional capacity.

What we could not see as we sailed (it was on the other side of the ship) was there was already 4 ships in port (and another a ways out behind us). So as we pulled head first along the closest to the town and that side pier, suddenly we saw the other ships....wow, it was going to be a busy day in and around town..... We ate a late breakfast and as we were getting ready to get off, Allure of the Seas puled in on the other side (backed in actually).

Our plans were to go into town (take the water taxi) and wander around until mid afternoon. We had been to this lovely island twice in the last two years, so we were taking it relaxed and easy on this lovely day. We got off and made our way through the tourist shops and over to the water taxi station. We purchased a round trip ticket and soon enough were over in town. We walked along the beach some and then wandered through the shops in order to do some shopping for trinkets to bring home to the little ones.

Around 1:30 we headed back to the ship and once on, we decided to go to the Sea Shack for a late lunch. Two Lobster rolls and fries later (very good by the way) we headed back down to relax by the Havana pool and then watch as the ships made their way out.

OK, I'm a sunset picture taking guy and had not take any (....well at least any good ones ;)) on this cruise, so I was kind of determined to get at least a couple of our last port sail away....:(.

Here are some from that wonderful day....

2iuw0mw.jpg

vsg7jd.jpg

We spend the rest of the evening enjoying the ship and ambling around making 5 or 6 stops, which for us, was somewhat different and enjoyable. For the first time, we stopped in at the Havana Cabana Bar and watched and listened to the entertainment. Two things of note occurred to me as we sat there having a nightcap and and watching the people enjoy themselves and listen to the music. The first was that this venue certainly attracts cruisers with a Latin flair and they sure were enjoying themselves. The second was that how could the volume from the band here be so loud and we not hear it at all in a cabin that is literally just feet away.....

As we rose to make the short walk back to our cabin to call it a night, I reflected that we only had two more sea days left.....:loudcry: on our cruise.

Thinking about the Nevis snorkel tour for my next cruise but since you have been to St. Kitts a few times what would you suggest. Enjoying your review and all the pictures.

St. Kitts is a pretty interesting island, with fairly diversified beaches, some like Timothy beach is fairly steep, somewhat rocky and has some surf. Others like by the Marriott, are more calm. Personally from a beach perspective, Raegae beach, while somewhat out of the way, offers the best (and a view of Nevis). The rail excursion of the sugar plants I would rate as a 4 (on a 1-10 scale). Our excursion (the snorkel trip) would be an 8, in the past we also did a dolphin encounter (be careful they have several different varieties of these) would be an 8 as well. In addition to the shops at the pier, there is a downtown area (it's ok). Not sure what your desire is for the stop.

We've been to St. Kitts a few times, but have never done a beach day. I highly recommend going to the fortress at Brimstone Hill, however. Next time maybe the beach!

Hope you're enjoying your Sea day

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had decided to enjoy the Vista as much as we could over the last two days. That said, we had a hard time breaking away from the Havana area. Here is a view I had on that Friday morning.

indge9.jpg

293dm4g.jpg

We spent a lot of the day on Friday around the Havana Pool. A few words on this area. There is a bartender (handles both inside and outside but that is not an issue). I think he came between 9 and 9:30 and started prepping the bar. I am pretty sure their were two attendants and during prime hours their was a bar waiter (might have also been the bartender, again not sure).

The two attendants are the ones that are in charge if policing the pool area during the hours it is open to only Havana room clients. For those who don't know, the way they do that is that all Havana room clients get a wrist band to wear (I was tad the color varies from sailing to sailing). I personally saw them approach (in a nice way) someone who came out to the area each and every day. I will post more about the Havana area and the restrictions in my summary comments,

After lunch, we wandered around the ship, this included spending some time in Serenity, and tried to spend time enjoying the Vista as we knew our time to do so was winding down. We almost went to a movie in the I-max, but were a little late..... Neither of us is a gambler, but as we strolled through on this sea day it was going full blast.