Vista revisited (Havana Cabana this time)...... A fairly lengthy review with pics

jimbo5544

Where was the muster held for the Havana section? Just trying to plan ahead. Thanks for your review.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Glad to do it and that you are following along. The muster was in the horizon dining room (aft). Thanks for the kind words.

Sent from my iPhone

Very nice, St Kitts looks like fun, I would also love to go to St. Marrten and Hang out at the airport beach...

We went to Maho beach last year on a stop in St. Maarten when on the Sunshine. While we have flown in and out of there several times, it was the first time we had seen it from that perspective. The beach is nice and the planes coming in and out and being there in front (or behind) them is fairly intense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

St. Kitts is a pretty interesting island, with fairly diversified beaches, some like Timothy beach is fairly steep, somewhat rocky and has some surf. Others like by the Marriott, are more calm. Personally from a beach perspective, Raegae beach, while somewhat out of the way, offers the best (and a view of Nevis). The rail excursion of the sugar plants I would rate as a 4 (on a 1-10 scale). Our excursion (the snorkel trip) would be an 8, in the past we also did a dolphin encounter (be careful they have several different varieties of these) would be an 8 as well. In addition to the shops at the pier, there is a downtown area (it's ok). Not sure what your desire is for the stop.

Thank you! Originally thought about rail tour but others have rated it not so good, so that is off my list. I have done dolphin encounters elsewhere so I guess we will go with the Nevis tour.

We went to Maho beach last year on a stop in St. Maarten when on the Sunshine. While we have flown in and out of there several times, it was the first time we had seen it from that perspective. The beach is nice and the planes coming in and out and being there in front (or behind) them is fairly intense.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Maho Beach is number 1 on DH's list. As retired Air Force he just can't get enough of this type of thing. His home in the N.O. area is in the direct flight path of MSY. After 5 years we moved to my home downriver from New Orleans. He enjoys the fact that now he is in the fight path of the Joint Reserve Base's fight path. Not nearly as busy, but he still waits for them to pass overhead.

Thank you! Originally thought about rail tour but others have rated it not so good, so that is off my list. I have done dolphin encounters elsewhere so I guess we will go with the Nevis tour.

As long as you would enjoy snorkeling I think you would enjoy it. Glad to have helped.

Thank you so much for your posts. This is now on my MUST DO cruise list!

Thanks for the kind words, I have enjoyed doing it (wrapping up soon). I don't think you will be disappointed.

Maho Beach is number 1 on DH's list. As retired Air Force he just can't get enough of this type of thing. His home in the N.O. area is in the direct flight path of MSY. After 5 years we moved to my home downriver from New Orleans. He enjoys the fact that now he is in the fight path of the Joint Reserve Base's fight path. Not nearly as busy, but he still waits for them to pass overhead.

I was not all that hot on it until I got there. Seeing the jets land and take off so close was truly an experience and a trust builder.....

12 years in the Army, I am very fussy about wrinkled clothes. How did you solve this?

I absolutely hate wrinkled clothes. I can tell you what I do when I travel and NEVER have any issues.

I usually pack approximately 2-8 weeks prior to a trip.

I iron or have each item pressed that I will wear on vacation.

I fold and pack in packing cubes.

I promise you, my last cruise in February I packed during a December snowstorm and not one

item of clothing was wrinkled. It's really the packing cubes that help tremendously.

I will NOT iron on vacation. That is wasted time. I much rather iron while at home doing nothing (or even one-two pieces a day before going to work) then waste vacation time.

Good luck!

Just made it through your review! Thank you SO much for taking the time to post and posting the pictures.

Did you happen to take any pictures of the spa and gym area?

We are sailing in a Havana Cabana Suite in February and so looking forward to it.

We already purchased the Cheers! package, spa passes and FTTF, all for February LOL

Looking forward to reading more and thanks again! Love your review!

I am considering booking one Havana Cabana and two inside Havana cabins for our adult children. Would they be able to get onto our "balcony" from the walkway in the Havana area?? I was hoping that they could use it as well, even if we are not in our room. Glad you enjoyed the Havana area this time. It looks amazing. We love the idea of the private pool area!!

Just made it through your review! Thank you SO much for taking the time to post and posting the pictures.

Did you happen to take any pictures of the spa and gym area?

We are sailing in a Havana Cabana Suite in February and so looking forward to it.

We already purchased the Cheers! package, spa passes and FTTF, all for February LOL

Looking forward to reading more and thanks again! Love your review!

Thanks for the kind words. I have enjoyed doing it and reliving the cruise. I am winding down and will probably finish up tomorrow or Friday. We have the Havana Cabana suite on the Horizon next July, I peeked in on debark day on the one on the Vista. You will love it.

I am considering booking one Havana Cabana and two inside Havana cabins for our adult children. Would they be able to get onto our "balcony" from the walkway in the Havana area?? I was hoping that they could use it as well, even if we are not in our room. Glad you enjoyed the Havana area this time. It looks amazing. We love the idea of the private pool area!!

They will be able to get to your balcony, but not your room. There is a separate fob for the slider. The pool area is fantastic, almost like you are on another ship. A note to consider, the Havana inside cabins book out almost as fast as the Havana aft wraps (and for sure before the Havana Cabana balconies). So if you have not booked already, take that into consideration.

Thank you! That was the answer I was hoping for. Our cabana would be a great gathering place. The pool area seems amazing. We are spoiled now since on our last cruise on the NCL Breakaway we had Vibe passes. I'm trying to book soon. The cruise would not be until December 2018.

Thank you! That was the answer I was hoping for. Our cabana would be a great gathering place. The pool area seems amazing. We are spoiled now since on our last cruise on the NCL Breakaway we had Vibe passes. I'm trying to book soon. The cruise would not be until December 2018.

Glad to help, just as a point of reference, our July 2018 Horizon cruise, the havana interiors have been sold out for at least 2 months.

Sent from my iPhone

Wow good to know!! I will get on that!! Thanks again

Hopefully your dates are fine. II was frankly surprised as we tried to add people to our group and found that all the rooms were booked. That said, there are not really a lot of them as opposed to how many balconies there are (another way of stating that these are few in number and the cheapest way to acquire Havana area access.

So before I begin to fade away back into life (maybe that is already happening), I wanted to come back and wrap up my review. Here is a pick from that Friday as we began sailing back to Miami.

14w9c3t.jpg

On Friday we got the invite to the Plat/Diamond cocktail party. As most know, this is the one they eliminated the gold card members from last year. Politics on the subject aside, we always enjoy it and the CD (for our cruise anyway.......) Mike Peck was there to host. I bet you cant tell what is nationality is.

2nbdg10.jpg

As we were up front and had run onto him a a good number of times, as he was walking up on the stage to emcee (wrong word, but you get the drift) I said "Mike, nice suit", he said thanks, but I also the socks to match and pulled up up his trowser leg to reveal he was correct.....he did.

As long as you would enjoy snorkeling I think you would enjoy it. Glad to have helped.

Thank you! I am booking the Horizon in 2019 and really wanted a Havana after your review but going with the grand-kids so it is Family Harbor instead. I hope it is a good choice.

Can you book with one name and then change the passengers name before the cruise. Not sure if the 2nd person in one of the rooms.

It depends on the class of the booking (i.e. early saver etc.) You might want to ask your TA or PVP.