Dinner at the Captain's Table. Do they do that anymore?

Have done it twice

Once as platinum and once as emerald

Nice experience with captain tony calne and captain Rick Sullivan

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Nice! We were platinum when we were invited and this will be our first diamond cruise so I'm hoping to be asked again! [emoji2]

We're the "slightly less older" couple ( everyone is sat opposite their partner)

PS the youngster at the bottom had pushed his chair back from the table opposite to be included. An early example of photo bombing.

That's sooo funny! When we had our picture taken there was a guest that stood up and did the bunny ears, or peace sign in the background! None of us noticed it till we got our printed picture and we were like, "who is that guy?" [emoji19]

Sorry for going on. But one of the things I remember from that evening was the captain - Erik - addressing the table with a little speech and mentioning one of his pet hates- like when someone says to him "Nice Boat you have here!" - and him saying "Ladies and Gentlemen - the vessel you are currently residing on is a Ship!

A "Boat" is something to use when your "Ship is Sinking"!

Will never forget that speech. Good times.

We received and accepted an invitation to dine with the Captain when we cruised on the Radiance and another time we dined with the Chief Engineer on a different RC ship. Both were for dinner on the first formal night of each cruise.

They were fantastic experiences! We were in an GS on one cruise and an OS on the other. Each time there was a mixture of people from different categories and status levels.

Happy cruising! It's a great way to travel.

• 6 months later...

We have just gotten off the Explorer and were invited to Captain's Table on the first formal night. First time we have been on a ship with Captain's Table for a long time. Both the Captain and Staff Captain were at the table - a good night.

Cheers

Di

We were invited to dine with the Staff Captain in August on Grandeur.

Nice meal, I would say a bit better than the MDR normally. With a special menu, good wine included. And that awesome dessert.

Two men had suits on. I had a blazer with dress shirt and tie. Last male had shirt and tie, no jacket. Women were dressed well.

We ended up hitting it off with the couple where the guy had no jacket with him. They were in an OS, we were in a GS. I am not sure about the others. But one "couple" was actually father/daughter.

And yes, got the photo and menu, and also kept the invitation.

It was a nice experience. Not life changing, but very nice. :)