Dinner at the Captain's Table. Do they do that anymore?

The Meal with an Officer for those with 340+ points is different than dining at the Captain's Table. Although the Meal can be at the Captain's Table, it's usually at lunch on a sea day. Some Captains and HD like to host a table on formal night, but it seems like it's fewer all the time. Some host tables with frequent cruisers, others have a variety of cruisers from first time, Suites or common interests. I've always considered it an honor to be invited and enjoy it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We had dinner at The Captain's Table on the Jewel with an officer. We were told the top cruisers have dinner with an officer. The upper suite guests have dinner with the Captain. That was in Feb. & March and told by 2 different officers.

We had dinner at The Captain's Table on the Jewel with an officer. We were told the top cruisers have dinner with an officer. The upper suite guests have dinner with the Captain. That was in Feb. & March and told by 2 different officers.

This is true. It seems like the smaller ships do this in the MDR at the Captain's Table in the evenings. The larger ships seem to do it at Chops or GT with the Captain and HD for Pinnacles at lunch. The 340+ meal is a nice meal at lunch in the MDR with a special menu. The Meal with an Officer can be lunch or dinner.

This is true. It seems like the smaller ships do this in the MDR at the Captain's Table in the evenings. The larger ships seem to do it at Chops or GT with the Captain and HD for Pinnacles at lunch. The 340+ meal is a nice meal at lunch in the MDR with a special menu. The Meal with an Officer can be lunch or dinner.

Freedom does breakfast

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Years ago, we were at a large table and the ships doctor sat with us on the second night. His wife was on the cruise with him. He was delightful and interesting and she was just lovely..... He purchased all the alcohol for the table and we enjoyed many special treats that night. We had such a nice time that they joined us two other nights-and yes the free wine, after dinner drinks etc continued....

Years ago, we were at a large table and the ships doctor sat with us on the second night. His wife was on the cruise with him. He was delightful and interesting and she was just lovely..... He purchased all the alcohol for the table and we enjoyed many special treats that night. We had such a nice time that they joined us two other nights-and yes the free wine, after dinner drinks etc continued....

We had almost same thing either late 80's or 1990, Ships Doctor bought wine for all of us, we had a great table everyone ( except Doctor ) would go for drinks at show together after dinner, this was on Sovereign when it was almost new , loved that ship, That's the ship that got use addicted to RCCL, Doctor could not have been nicer

We got an invite on the Freedom in November 2006. Was our second ever cruise. Everyone else round the table had done over 50 (or something like that)

To this day I have no idea why they invited us. Was a fun evening though.

Dining_with_the_captain.jpg

Never have I been asked. Two star class trips forthcoming so I guess if I'm going to get asked, that'd be the odds on favourite as to when it may happen.

I'd enjoy it- I'm a self-proclaimed cruise nerd. I'd love the chance to pick the brain of the Master or Hotel Director.

Dessert was Chef's Surprise. Awesomeness.

5494580013719cb7c08e5a9d5c4ba2a6.jpg

09ed4a7715d755624403374f5a194289.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

I am not a big fan of sweets but that is my favorite dessert of all time! The nutty bowl is delicious! I would even make it at home if I had the recipe! We just had dinner at the Capt's table on MJ but there was something called "Orange is the New Black" for dessert on the menu instead.

My hubby and I were invited to dine with the Captain and his wife on Cunard Queen Mary a few years back. We booked a cabin with an obstructed view. We are only pensioners and lucky did decided to purchase a tux for my hubby just to fit in with the crowd and pretend we were high society for one night. It was wonderful! We loved evey minute and were made to feel comfortable. If I ever got another invitation, which is unlikely...I would definately do it again. CaptainsDinner-1.jpg.html?sort=3&o=0

Fred and I are standing just behind the Captain.

It's happening much less, perhaps because of the perk for D+ with 340 points. When it does happen now, it will likely be an all-Pinnacle table. Our best experience was with John Denton, the Hotel Director!

Years ago on one of the Voyager's first sailings we were seated with some of the ice skaters from the show for the entire week. Not the same thing you are asking but it was an interesting experience none-the-less as I think we learned a little bit more each evening :)

We got an invite on the Freedom in November 2006. Was our second ever cruise. Everyone else round the table had done over 50 (or something like that)

To this day I have no idea why they invited us. Was a fun evening though.

Dining_with_the_captain.jpg

Where are you in the photo?

Cool! But we just hit diamond so we have a ways to go!

The meal with an officer that was mentioned for those with 340 pts., is a luncheon, not the dinner that was the topic of this thread. That dinner is held on formal nights.

We just recently had our first luncheon with an officer. Our officer, happened to be the Diamond Concierge. It's not always an officer that you would imagine it to be. One officer was the Loyalty Ambassador. It probably varies from ship to ship. Ours was on the Grandeur.

The Dinner with the Captain is quite different. We had 2 meals with a Captain and one meal with a Staff Captain, all on formal night. It is very nice, but, I really don't understand how they picked the people. One couple at our table were on their first cruise. There goes the status idea of an invitation. In our case, on the Explorer, my husband just asked the Captain how you get the invitation. He asked for our cabin # and we were invited. The other times were random.

Gwen [emoji3]