So pissed....Haven not available

Horsegoer

Sailing on breakaway Sunday...I figured since the bidding was still available for the Haven spa suite it was still available to call an upgrade direct. They were available last night but are now sold out. They said you can always bid even if sold out because there may be a cancellation. I'm so damn disappointed!!! Guess I can bid hoping for cancellation which will never happen.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Given that there are no longer direct upsells for the Breakaway with the bidding system in place, I am surprised they said they were avail. Or did you see them avail on the website and they are now gone because the bids have been accepted?

I have to agree with Moby0215, if you really wanted a Haven cabin perhaps you should have just bit the bullet and gotten it rather than be disappointed. I understand looking for a deal but if your heart of hearts wants something and you can shell out the dollars for it get what you want. We take a deep breathe and book Suite/Havens and the cabin we want so we don't have to have that disappointed feeling. However, the DH took his DB on a cruise after my DSIL passed away and was able to upgrade to a suite. Was he ever happy!

At this point "Sold Out" is a relative term. Actually, I'm surprised they were still listed that late. NCL is just not selling them any longer, I'm sure those that were left will go out in the bidding process. Often for close to or more than what they were asking last minute, and minus the promos.

Omg on the Breakaway now and if I wasn't in the Haven I'd swim away. But then again it is a school vacation week. So many kids!!!!! I have one of my own but why most so many of them scream??? Oh and we missed GSC. Still loving it though!

I know it's double the price and wasn't initially something you bid on, but there's still a two bedroom family Villa on deck 15 available as an upgrade. Not sure how much longer that cabin will last, so if you really want to be in the Haven, it's an opportunity.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sailing on breakaway Sunday...I figured since the bidding was still available for the Haven spa suite it was still available to call an upgrade direct. They were available last night but are now sold out. They said you can always bid even if sold out because there may be a cancellation. I'm so damn disappointed!!! Guess I can bid hoping for cancellation which will never happen.

Well crap! Book the Haven next time ;)

At this point "Sold Out" is a relative term. Actually, I'm surprised they were still listed that late. NCL is just not selling them any longer, I'm sure those that were left will go out in the bidding process. Often for close to or more than what they were asking last minute, and minus the promos.

We're sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks. The retail price difference between our spa balcony and spa Havens was less than a "Low-Fair" bid. So, we went ahead and just paid the difference. The big thing is that by "buying" a Havens room, we get all of the perks and had our perk gratuities that we paid for the balcony refunded (since Havens get all of the perks for free - no gratuities) - free UBP and free SDP.

The big thing is that by "buying" a Havens room, we get all of the perks and had our perk gratuities that we paid for the balcony refunded (since Havens get all of the perks for free - no gratuities) - free UBP and free SDP.

Did the same thing on our last cruise when there was a suite price drop about a month out. The other big thing is we got to choose our cabin.

Horsegoer can you take pictures of all the daily and the menus and post when you return? Yours will be the first Bermuda cruise this year. I'm sailing on the Breakaway end of May. Can't wait. we have an aft balcony.

Horsegoer can you take pictures of all the daily and the menus and post when you return? Yours will be the first Bermuda cruise this year. I'm sailing on the Breakaway end of May. Can't wait. we have an aft balcony.

Will do

I have to agree with Moby0215, if you really wanted a Haven cabin perhaps you should have just bit the bullet and gotten it rather than be disappointed. I understand looking for a deal but if your heart of hearts wants something and you can shell out the dollars for it get what you want. We take a deep breathe and book Suite/Havens and the cabin we want so we don't have to have that disappointed feeling. However, the DH took his DB on a cruise after my DSIL passed away and was able to upgrade to a suite. Was he ever happy!

You're right I should have

We're sailing on the Breakaway in a few weeks. The retail price difference between our spa balcony and spa Havens was less than a "Low-Fair" bid. So, we went ahead and just paid the difference. The big thing is that by "buying" a Havens room, we get all of the perks and had our perk gratuities that we paid for the balcony refunded (since Havens get all of the perks for free - no gratuities) - free UBP and free SDP.

Once again, BirdTravels is schooling us all. Instead of bidding and waiting and worrying..... he got a better deal by tracking the retail price and then calling and upgrading. Plus the added bonus of getting ALL the promos. If more people would do this perhaps the whole bidding process would settle down and people wouldn't overbid.

Congratulations on the great upgrade and have a wonderful cruise!

Once again, BirdTravels is schooling us all. Instead of bidding and waiting and worrying..... he got a better deal by tracking the retail price and then calling and upgrading. Plus the added bonus of getting ALL the promos. If more people would do this perhaps the whole bidding process would settle down and people wouldn't overbid.

That's what I did too! Worked out great. Upgrades can cost more than just booking Haven originally! Nuts! I think NCL takes advantage of the auction bidder mentality - got to win at any price.[emoji857]

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks!

Yes, we had put in a medium-fair bid on the Spa Havens (along with Poor bids on other Havens Rooms). The bid we had in play for the Spa Havens was higher than the price we paid for the room. And we would have only got the balcony perks (along with having to pay for the gratuities). We immediately went back in and cancelled all of the rest of our bids.

No more upsells done directly.You have to get the invite to bid and then bid on the room you want. Just a way for NCL to play us against each other and get ore money. We used the upsell line in December and got an upsell to the OS for a total amount that was around1/2 the posted price. No more:mad:

Upsells are different than retail ups - if a cabin is listed for general booking, you can always just move up to that cabin, no bidding required. It may just be a rebook, which can affect deals. Upsells were offers to move up at a discount to free up other cabins. Those have all been replaced by bidding.

Which is going to be more effective will vary by specific cruise, in some cases demand will keep Haven prices high, in others rebooks may be a better deal.

No more upsells done directly.You have to get the invite to bid and then bid on the room you want. Just a way for NCL to play us against each other and get ore money. We used the upsell line in December and got an upsell to the OS for a total amount that was around1/2 the posted price. No more:mad: