Best bag to bring towels and what not out to shore?

Anything you have will work. i use a beach tote I've had for years....but really any sort of bag or backpack will work...or just carry your towels over your arm! You don't need some "special" thing. How big depends on what you will be carrying! I refuse to be the "pack mule" for my family, so I will carry mine and hubby's towel, sunscreen and my book. Everyone else can carry their own crap!

If we're just wandering the town and shopping, or eating, etc....I just bring my purse...no tote or backpack or anything. Hubby brings his wallet in his pocket....just like at home!

I have a canvas tote I bought ages ago in St. Thomas it has great handles that are long enough that I can wear it on my shoulder when walking around the port or when I just want to go hang out at the pool on the ship. It all depends on your needs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the LLBean Boat and Tote bags. They customize them into any color and handle length. I have the large size one in black with long handles, a zipper, and a front pocket. I like that it's big enough for a couple towels, beach gear, etc but also sturdy enough to be an extra duffel for the flight home when we shopped too much. I used to have a light colored one which was cute but got too dirty when I checked it and never came clean so now I have black.

I used to have one of those Kyss bags with the locks that people seem to like but it was plain ugly. I actually took the lock off and added it to my LLBean bag. :)

Hi all, I'm probably bound to get a bunch of different responses but when going on shore what type of bag to you bring to hold all your stuff? If any...

James, is that you? (Kidding, I had a former neighbor who couldn't go 30 seconds without saying "whatnot" :D My wife, who is not a back mule for me, carries one of any touristy bags we have been given somewhere or other. If we are having a beach day, there maybe some snacks acquired from the Windjammer, or chips from Park Cafe is we are on an Oasis class to maximize beach time.

Hi all, I'm probably bound to get a bunch of different responses but when going on shore what type of bag to you bring to hold all your stuff? If any...

I carry a bunch of recycled grocery store bags. Use them to carry all my stuff. Sometimes, if I'm lucky, it score one of those laundry bags you find in hotels. They are good for stuff also. Worse case scenario, I just have my wife carry it. :eek:

We have a couple of totes that we got in Cozumel for a few dollars, which we usually use. Or one of those reusable grocery bags is good. Or if you have a drawstring sling back (sort of like a backpack) those are great too. Or an old back pack. I would not take anything super nice. Just big enough to carry your stuff and not something that is a family heirloom (in case it gets wet, sandy, ruined, lost etc).

http://www.target.com/p/chevron-print-mesh-tote-handbag-orange/-/A-16461133

I used this bag for a beach trip last year. You can easily fit two oversized beach towels plus your sunscreen, book, wallet, phone...whatever else. It's nice a big bag, very lightweight and comfortable to carry on the shoulder. Pack some gallon zip lock freezer bags for your electronics.

I am an avid skier and came across this pack on Amazon a few years ago. They must have screwed up because i paid $49 and its much more now, but its the greatest pack i've ever had. Its low profile and fits a ton of stuff in it. I had 5 pool towels, snacks, sunblock and a few other goodies in it and I could wear it all day because its so comfortable. Fully packed up it still fits under the seat in front of me on an airplane!

https://www.amazon.com/Salomon-Quest-Backpack-Black-Size/dp/B00HWMOH6M/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1492692400&sr=8-1&keywords=salomon%2Bquest%2B30&th=1&psc=1

I recommend something with a zipper top. So your stuff is safe from falling out or tempting someone to reach in. Especially important when going on excursions, like on a bus or a boat. You need that security. Nylon is the best fabric as it's water resistant (at least the one I have is) and sand won't stick to it.

We have 5L, 10L, 20L, and 30L dry bags. They pack flat, weigh almost nothing, and are waterproof.

Friendly Swede makes a good one. I have their 5L and 10L. We usually use them locally for beach trips.

https://www.amazon.com/Friendly-Swede-Lightweight-Water-Proof-Tarpaulin/dp/B0183NG626/

My 20L and 30L are by Unigear and they have held up to a few years of travel.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0140VZOOG/

Love these style of bags. Read the reviews before buying a random brand.

We take a backpack. Lots of compartments to put in sunscreen, books ,camera - and we can fit in two RC towels. Just be cautious not to put any valuables in the front /side zipper pockets that can easily be accessed when its on your back.

We take a backpack. Lots of compartments to put in sunscreen, books ,camera - and we can fit in two RC towels. Just be cautious not to put any valuables in the front /side zipper pockets that can easily be accessed when its on your back.

Same here. North Face backpack - hands free, nothing to carry by hand:)