Retirement Cruise

I'll let you know in 4819 days.

It will be here before you know it!!

Hopefully I will bid adieu to the 9-5 ( more like 7-7) next year. Instead of a single cruise, we have three booked:

1) Crown Loft Suite on Oasis in January,

2) First TA, Brilliance of the Seas in September,

3) Serenade repo from Boston to Fort Lauderdale in October.

For a single one the Trans-pacific is a beauty, although the long flights are not something I would look forward to.

mac_tlc

We are planning our retirement cruise for 2019. Thinking about the Panama Canal or Mediterranean. Where did you go or are going for your retirement cruise?

Aileen

Wow, I've done both and after I retired.... my suggestion is you do both but spread them out over a few years. My dw, Deb and I did both. The Panama Canal was a lesson in history and the med was a lesson in beauty. Do both, a year apart.

Mike

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

For a single one the Trans-pacific is a beauty, although the long flights are not something I would look forward to.

mac_tlc

You ain't kidding. Even just a 5 hour flight from Minneapolis to Anchorage I was miserable in standard coach. Upgraded coach with more leg room is only marginally better. It would cost a fortune, but I'd have to seriously consider first class for such a long flight.

You ain't kidding. Even just a 5 hour flight from Minneapolis to Anchorage I was miserable in standard coach. Upgraded coach with more leg room is only marginally better. It would cost a fortune, but I'd have to seriously consider first class for such a long flight.

My wife has already indicated its business class at least.

mac_tlc

Just did the Voyager in Feb for my retirement and our 25th anniversary. Went to Fiji, New Caledonia and Vanuatu out of Sydney. It was one of the best cruises we have ever been on!! Met some fantastic people on it!!

Recently booked my retirement cruise - end of November this year - Allure in the Eastern Caribbean - but as we'll be flying from the UK we are going to have a few pre-cruise days in Fort Lauderdale then after the cruise we will hire a car and head down to Key West for a few more days before heading home. Only my second cruise (first was on Oasis a few years ago) my partner's first cruise. If he enjoys the cruise experience we plan to do a lot more cruises. `

not waiting for retirement - I work for cruises. But - this year for our 40th anniversary - we are doing the northern Transatlantic - Copenhagen to Cape Liberty on Vision OTS. Add some days in Copenhagen precruise - and we have a 3 week vacation. :hearteyes:

I did a round the world cruise for mine and it was faaabulous! Met 5 people with whom I became great friends. Two years later we did a 105 night cruise and next year we're on a 65 nighter. We have so much fun.

I did a round the world cruise for mine and it was faaabulous! Met 5 people with whom I became great friends. Two years later we did a 105 night cruise and next year we're on a 65 nighter. We have so much fun.

Sounds interesting...what cruise line/ship was it? I may have to check this out!!