set dining times

Cruisin 4 Ever

The easiest way would be to do YTD. Then each evening you would simply ask for a private table for your party.

With set times, there is no way to guarantee you would be seated with only your group. By linking you make sure you will be together. You could easily be at a table for 8 or 10. You can certainly email the ship's maître d prior to your sailing with the request. Please remember maître d do not usually respond to such request but often accommodate. The other option is to visit the MDR on day of embarkation and check your seating assignment. If is not to your liking you can meet with the maître d (time is listed in the FunTimes but is usually about 1 or 1:30) and request a change.

If you are sailing the Vista, you might get seated at the 20 top round table - It's the largest in the fleet!

Why does this exist? You can't talk to anyone on the other side! ;p Maybe for a Captain's Dinner?

ETA Sorry: The info given is above, by other poster, is correct.

Edited by 2Shoes2Go
Eta

Why does this exist? You can't talk to anyone on the other side! ;p Maybe for a Captain's Dinner?

ETA Sorry: The info given is above, by other poster, is correct.

Won't do anything larger than a 10 top. Had 13 at a 14top on the Paradise. It was horrible for that exact reason, hard to talk to the whole table. (The 14 top was an add on to a round top behind the hostess stand.)

Won't do anything larger than a 10 top. Had 13 at a 14top on the Paradise. It was horrible for that exact reason, hard to talk to the whole table. (The 14 top was an add on to a round top behind the hostess stand.)

I asked to be switched after the first night's dinner for the exact same reason. Couldn't hear the other side of the table at all. The Maitre'D obliged, and sat us at a 4 top for the rest of the cruise. I think the rest of the people remained at the 20 top for the duration. And they had a one piece table cloth for the American Feast nights.

Our family of 12 were given the 8:15 guaranteed dining time. We are on a waiting list for the 6:00 dining time. I don't really expect to get the 6:00 since we have such a large group. What are the chances that we will all be able to sit at the same table?

Our family of 12 were given the 8:15 guaranteed dining time. We are on a waiting list for the 6:00 dining time. I don't really expect to get the 6:00 since we have such a large group. What are the chances that we will all be able to sit at the same table?

Ensure the reservations are linked. If you have a PVP, email him/her and request a table for 12. You can also send John Heald a post on his FB page.

I have been on 14 Carnival cruises and have never had a problem getting the exact seating arrangement I wanted by emailing the Maitre'd ahead of time. They have always replied as well. I am assuming that you are referring to your upcoming cruise on the Victory so my recommendation is to email the Maitre'd about 1.5 weeks before you sail. If you wait until too late, they may not help you. Also, be very specific and give the names/cabin numbers of all guests who you want to dine with. Also, if you want a table for yourselves, spell that out clearly as well.

Send the email to: vimaitred@carnival.com and good luck!

Brad

Ensure the reservations are linked. If you have a PVP, email him/her and request a table for 12. You can also send John Heald a post on his FB page.

We will be on the Splendor in 6 weeks. All of our reservations are linked. Should I still email our PVP and let her know we want seating for 12? I will email John H. as well. Thanks!

We have only sat at a group table once when traveling as 5. But I have also learned that ATD is not for me when traveling with more than 4. There are fewer tables and we had 30+ minute waits every night when we tried it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We will be on the Splendor in 6 weeks. All of our reservations are linked. Should I still email our PVP and let her know we want seating for 12? I will email John H. as well. Thanks!

That is what I did to get my table for 11 on the Vista. Worked perfectly for me.

When it is two couples travelling together I just link the reservations and don't worry about it. When it's a large group (larger than 6) then I will email anyone who will listen to try and get a large table so we aren't split up between tables that are close by.