anthem: solarium ?

When anthem is sailing out of nj in the winter months (February), is the solarium open for kids? It seems that there will be at least two days where outside pool activity will be limited. Any experience? Thanks

There is an inside pool on the Anthem that kids can use. That being said, I've seen kids in the solarium, but it was on the first day, at night when there was almost nobody at the solarium. It was February 2017.

Does anyone know what temp they heat the pools to?

Thanks

I don't know what the temperature of the outside pool was, but I was able to swim into the outside pool on Day 1, 2 and 7 without any problem. The pool was heated for sure, just enough to be more comfortable in the water than outside. The only time I was freezing, was when walking from the hot tub to the outside pool on those days (especially on Day 7)

That was on the cruise from February 26th to March 5th 2017.

I don't know what the temperature of the outside pool was, but I was able to swim into the outside pool on Day 1, 2 and 7 without any problem. The pool was heated for sure, just enough to be more comfortable in the water than outside. The only time I was freezing, was when walking from the hot tub to the outside pool on those days (especially on Day 7)

That was on the cruise from February 26th to March 5th 2017.

this is news i had not read anywhere else. i was on the breakaway in december and no heated pools. could have used them if they were heated. so if anthem has the heated pools i dont care about the outdoor temps. i regularly walk from my own hot tub to house in winter so i'm ok with that. this is making me more excited to go in december.

in the pool with snow all around :)

• 8 months later...

Hi All,

First time sailing on Royal Caribbean! About the solarium and the solarium bistro...Royal Caribbean website shows an "*Exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle Club members." is this true? I was under the impression the solarium was for all guests 16 and over?

thanks!!

Melissa

Hi All,

First time sailing on Royal Caribbean! About the solarium and the solarium bistro...Royal Caribbean website shows an "*Exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle Club members." is this true? I was under the impression the solarium was for all guests 16 and over?

thanks!!

Melissa

The Solarium is for guests 16 and older. The Solarium Bistro is an alternative dining site for everyone for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. Coastal Kitchen is "Exclusively for suite guests and Pinnacle Club members". I believe it's available to Junior Suite guests only for dinner.

Guest maddycat
Hi All,

thanks!!

Melissa

You're correct. The solarium is for all guests 16 and older.

I was thinking the solarium was one large enclosed area. I can now see it is two areas, one for adults and one for everyone. That is good to hear that you were able to use the outdoor pools.

FYI, the Solarium is one large enclosed area with small pools and hot tubs and only for adults. I found the Solarium staff on the Quantum & Anthem to be very disciplined with Paxs saving chaise loungers. I know as I got caught when I went to have lunch and was gone for 30 minutes.:halo:

I was thinking the solarium was one large enclosed area. I can now see it is two areas, one for adults and one for everyone. That is good to hear that you were able to use the outdoor pools.

Yes, that is correct. There are two enclosed solarium areas. The forward solarium area which overlooks the bow with small wade/waterfall pools and hot tubs is the 16yrs and older area, pictured below. The inner solarium pictured above is for all ages.

FwdSolarium.jpg

Indoor pools are awesome. Our 4 year old son loved them. There is a very shallow 4 inch deep pool that he loved and then the big pool he went in with my wife. Also I really love RCCL added life guards. Brilliant move, it just makes you feel more at ease. At least it did with me.