Transfers

cstrick

I think the point is pretty simple, get your luggage, go outside get in a cab, go to your hotel that you booked. With the money you save - have a nice dinner and you'll still have money to get a cab to go to the port at the time you want to go to the port. It's really a better way! But it's not for everyone.

You are right..not for everyone..if you are handicapped..which way is easier..DIY or being taken care of..

Sometimes it just isnt just the money..its to make your life simple, people should remember if you cant walk or lift luggage or stand in line for a taxi..there is an option..

Jancruz1

I know some people dont see it this way..but we should give people the choice to do it their own way without telling them they are wrong..

How about the $175 air deviation that is waived when you take a hotel..Dan not for everyone BUT there are people that like to be taken care of and when you subtract the air transfers to hotel and ship..not that terrible..

Jancruz1

True about saving the $350 deviation fee but that $350 is almost pure profit.

Speaking if not paying the deviation fee with the hotel nite can the customer deviate to prior to the free nite get their own hotel and transfers then get to the paid for pre cruise hotel on their own or do they have to come in the one day early for the pre cruise hotel only.

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Isn't that the reason most of us look for a TA that is willing to work for us---like OBC or cash back.

I don't consider that working for you, I consider that buying your business. I'm not saying that getting OBC or other perks is bad, but I do think that if that's your top consideration in selecting a TA then you are "missing the boat"

You are right..not for everyone..if you are handicapped..which way is easier..DIY or being taken care of..

Sometimes it just isnt just the money..its to make your life simple, people should remember if you cant walk or lift luggage or stand in line for a taxi..there is an option..

Jancruz1

I know some people dont see it this way..but we should give people the choice to do it their own way without telling them they are wrong..

I may have been a little too fast to judge in my first post. Given some time to think about this I can see both sides if this issue. We can put in the work and save a lot of money, some people can't or don't want to.. I guess it is whatever floats your boat.

I don't consider that working for you, I consider that buying your business. I'm not saying that getting OBC or other perks is bad, but I do think that if that's your top consideration in selecting a TA then you are "missing the boat"

I agree with you, but you should be able to get both from the same person. We booked (on Regent, not "O") and all was good, OBC, Cash back and did everything we needed. 4 months later she a=called and said Regent was offering an additional $500 OBC and she got it for us without asking. So you should be getting both, not one or the other. Rick

Actually, that is not always the criteria..

Jancruz1

Really, I think it is and it's been working for us since we started cruising again. Why would anyone leave OBC or cash on the table - provided you get the service you want?

Rick

Jancruz1

For us DIY, I don't lift luggage not do I stand in line for a taxi. If you look at the cost or transfer from "O" you can get a porter, have a car service and do it with easy-plus you set the time not "O" and no climbing up onto a bus.

Rick

For us DIY, I don't lift luggage not do I stand in line for a taxi. If you look at the cost or transfer from "O" you can get a porter, have a car service and do it with easy-plus you set the time not "O" and no climbing up onto a bus.

Rick

I think thats what I said..each person has their own way of doing things..its whatever makes you happy!

Jancruz1

I think thats what I said..each person has their own way of doing things..its whatever makes you happy!

Jancruz1

Sorry Jan, I was really just giving another option - if your spending your money you should get the most for what your spending.

Sorry Jan, I was really just giving another option - if your spending your money you should get the most for what your spending.

I completely agree with you..but I also think if you are happy with what you are getting that is the most important thing

For instance..when Stu and I go early and spend one or two nights in a hotel..we ship our luggage to the ship and put whatever we need in a small carryon..I know its terribly expensiveo ship But Stu hurt his back by lifting luggage last year and for him to not have to touch the luggage until we are on the ship and unpacking to us it is a blessing..I know lots of people think it is a waste of money but not to us..

Hope all is well with you both..

Jancruz1

Couldn't agree more-since Ron's problems-now really better (all good) we're starting to travel more. We're not looking back and plan to travel as much as we can-one just doesn't know what tomorrow is going to bring. We use all service(s) now, I want to enjoy the travel and not even spend one day in the hospital or the ships hospital for any reason.

So for us we go the easy way, every time. Your right it cost more, but the choice is right for us.

Couldn't agree more-since Ron's problems-now really better (all good) we're starting to travel more. We're not looking back and plan to travel as much as we can-one just doesn't know what tomorrow is going to bring. We use all service(s) now, I want to enjoy the travel and not even spend one day in the hospital or the ships hospital for any reason.

So for us we go the easy way, every time. Your right it cost more, but the choice is right for us.

The point that most of us want to make is that you should know what your cost options are. As long as we are informed we can decide for ourselves how to spend our money.

The point that most of us want to make is that you should know what your cost options are. As long as we are informed we can decide for ourselves how to spend our money.

Right, everyone has a choice, and a budget-everything needs to fit into the budget to make that choice.