Beware of booking airfare thru Choice Air

cruisinislife

From reading of your awful experience, my slightly frustrating experience with Princess EZ-Air, and many other experiences, I think if you're gonna save a ton of money, it's worth it to book Air through the cruise line, but if it's only a little, it's better to book directly with the Airlines. You have more freedom and rights it feels when dealing directly with the Airlines. I really hope you get your money back!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I just checked and the difference in the one way fare to Amsterdam from Miami was $2500/pp between booking Choice Air and directly on airline websites. Economy class on both. Choice Air it is.

Edited by Islander500

I was within 2 minutes of missing a ship in Miami - if I had booked choice air they in all likelihood put me on a different flight from Philadelphia, or would have gotten us to St. Martin - 3 days late, but still able to make the cruise!

I was within 2 minutes of missing a ship in Miami - if I had booked choice air they in all likelihood put me on a different flight from Philadelphia, or would have gotten us to St. Martin - 3 days late, but still able to make the cruise!

So are u saying you had issues flying. (E.g. Original flight cancelled?)

On my first Celebrity cruise (just disembarked yesterday), I booked my flights through ChoiceAir. My airline of choice was posting fares of approx. $2,000 Cdn to fly one way from Southampton,UK to Halifax,Canada. ChoiceAir had the same flight, same class for less than $500 Cdn. A savings of over $1,500 was a no brainer....ChoiceAir it was. Had no problems at all, back home now, everything went smoothly. Just have to ensure I get the credit for my frequent flyer points with the airline.

On my first Celebrity cruise (just disembarked yesterday), I booked my flights through ChoiceAir. My airline of choice was posting fares of approx. $2,000 Cdn to fly one way from Southampton,UK to Halifax,Canada. ChoiceAir had the same flight, same class for less than $500 Cdn. A savings of over $1,500 was a no brainer....ChoiceAir it was. Had no problems at all, back home now, everything went smoothly. Just have to ensure I get the credit for my frequent flyer points with the airline.

Glad you had no flight interruptions. The issues people have had with CA seem to arise when there are flight disruptions.... that's when they find out about ticket rebooking restrictions, or find that CA is less than willing to help in the way they imagined they would.

Personally, I can't imagine booking a Transatlantic flight without confirming ahead of time that I'd get FF points; that's an important consideration for me and I wouldn't want to gamble on that. To each his own.

Glad you had no flight interruptions. The issues people have had with CA seem to arise when there are flight disruptions.... that's when they find out about ticket rebooking restrictions, or find that CA is less than willing to help in the way they imagined they would.

Personally, I can't imagine booking a Transatlantic flight without confirming ahead of time that I'd get FF points; that's an important consideration for me and I wouldn't want to gamble on that. To each his own.

the "issues" you mention are very FEW(from what I can tell almost every ticket purchased from CA is just a regular ticket...vs some kind of consolidator/group ticket that could have issues when delays happen) and I can't imagine anyone would pay $1,500 more for flights to get frequent flier miles!

I did book a Choice Air Trip to Buenos Aires for a sailing on Infinity in February 2018. I wanted to get a refundable biz class fare because of some conflicts I might have coming up, and American Airlines offered the Refundable fare of $12000, through Choice Air though the round trip was $3200, and if I need to cancel its only a $150 fee.

All in all I think I've used them 5 or 6 times, and been very pleased. Mostly I've seen the savings are on International and one way domestic fares, and international round trips