Any good crazy complaints you have heard?"

zac226

A 'complaint' which was made in jest.

On a recent cruise round Australia and New Zealand there seemed to be time changes virtually every day. It got to the point that at breakfast everyone would 'grumble' about the lost hour and wanted a refund for the inconvenience!! Even the waiters would join in with the 'moan'

Hopefully nobody took us seriously :)

A few years ago there was a thread from someone complaining that because Princess waited until the final night of the cruise to adjust the ship's time back to the homeport time, by her calculations she "lost" an hour of the cruise. Absolutely 100% serious. Suggestions that she should have either (1) stayed up an hour later that final night; or (2) set her alarm for 2 AM to get up to witness the time change as it happens were not well received.

Lady with cruise ship tour sticker on her blouse at the Acropolis in Athens (the Athens in Greece ) with multiple complaints:

1.It's still under construction.

2. It's not by the beach.

3. The rough surface is not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities (?)Act.

4. It's ramshackle.

5. Too many stairs.

6. No air conditioning.

7. No shopping.

8. €20 for this?

9. Lots of foreigners around speaking foreign languages.

I have heard many of these complaints all over the world, but especially the last one. I have sometimes even said some of these in jest, to take the mickey out of someone who has said it in the past.:p

A few years ago there was a thread from someone complaining that because Princess waited until the final night of the cruise to adjust the ship's time back to the homeport time, by her calculations she "lost" an hour of the cruise. Absolutely 100% serious. Suggestions that she should have either (1) stayed up an hour later that final night; or (2) set her alarm for 2 AM to get up to witness the time change as it happens were not well received.

Great suggestions.

• 2 months later...
I did hear a passenger complaining that they had to travel from Civitavecchia into Rome. He said it was probably the cruise line cutting costs by docking "way out of town" instead of actually docking at Rome.

You mean Princess will not make an exception and cruise up the Tiber just for me.;p;p I know what my first Guest Services complaint will be now :cool::D

You have to realize that the intelligence bell curve says that 5 % of the population has an IQ less than 75 and 20$ of the population has an IQ between 75 and 90. Also, there is a difference between intelligence and ignorance.

Yes - there are lots of people who are that stupid. It is impossible to under estimate the level of stupidity of the American population.

DON

And it's impossible to underestimate the amount of pride that many Americans these days have in their ignorance.

We did an eastbound transAtlantic last year, in May. We had 6 days of "typical" north Atlantic weather. Ice, sleet, and extremely rough seas. I thought it was fun. Walking along the passageway, when the ship would fall away from you as you take a step, it was sorta like being in a weightless state.

In rough seas, you can tell who is REALLY drunk. They are the people walking around perfectly sure-footedly. The drunkenness and the waves cancel each other out. ;p

You mean Princess will not make an exception and cruise up the Tiber just for me.;p;p I know what my first Guest Services complaint will be now :cool::D

I was chatting to a Lady and said I was not going into Paris as I have been there before. Her reply, so you are staying on the ship? I explained we docked at Le Havre and I would take a look around there.

The cruise line would not say Paris if we were not going to dock there!!

Guess same ship as the one docking in Rome.