Any good crazy complaints you have heard?"

zac226

One woman wanted a refund for the difference between an oceanview and an inside cabin because she had salt on her window and it was obstructing the view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Ok ... just to play devil's advocate here. I live in an apt. The maint. guys will NOT wash the exterior windows. They DO hose them off. The hard water spots are SO awful, it really is difficult to see out the windows. I was lucky and had one guy come out and clean them for $40. But everyone else I've been contacting this year wants NO LESS than $200 for 4 windows. Truth ... just because it's a small job.

On a Southeast Asia cruise round-trip from Singapore, the man next to me was complaining about having to turn in his passport to the crew for the duration of the voyage, because you should never give your passport to anyone. And that he was sure his identity was going to be stolen by one of the crew by turning over his passport.:rolleyes:

I left before it was resolved but i suspect he either turned it in or was disembarked because there were multiple calls for people who hadn't turned in their passports before we left the cruise center, so it seemed that we weren't leaving until all the passports were accounted for.

A few years ago I took a 12 day Western Mediterranean cruise. They took our passports. We were given photo copies of the passport. I did questions this. I had never had anyone take my passport. I did not complain or hold up the cruise, but I did question it. It was a very surprising mandate.

OK, this was a comment more than a complaint, and it's more humorous than crazy. So, I hope I don't break any internet forum rules by stretching beyond the scope of the topic of this discussion.

My wife is, definitely, a "foul weather" cruiser. We were on a round-trip Los Angles-Hawaii cruise, heading back to North America. For two straight days, I kid you not, the ocean was "glassy smooth." So, there was an absolute minimum of any sensation of motion.

Mrs. XBGuy was disappointed that the ocean was so calm.

OK, this was a comment more than a complaint, and it's more humorous than crazy. So, I hope I don't break any internet forum rules by stretching beyond the scope of the topic of this discussion.

My wife is, definitely, a "foul weather" cruiser. We were on a round-trip Los Angles-Hawaii cruise, heading back to North America. For two straight days, I kid you not, the ocean was "glassy smooth." So, there was an absolute minimum of any sensation of motion.

Mrs. XBGuy was disappointed that the ocean was so calm.

I would agree w your wife. I enjoy rough seas - they are fun.

DON

A few years ago I took a 12 day Western Mediterranean cruise. They took our passports. We were given photo copies of the passport. I did questions this. I had never had anyone take my passport. I did not complain or hold up the cruise, but I did question it. It was a very surprising mandate.

How courteous of you not to hold up the cruise -- because you did not understand the requirement put upon the line that they be able to comply with the requirements of the particular countries visited.

I hope you did not think that they did it just because they wanted to.

how courteous of you not to hold up the cruise -- because you did not understand the requirement put upon the line that they be able to comply with the requirements of the particular countries visited.

lol

I would agree w your wife. I enjoy rough seas - they are fun.

DON

We did an eastbound transAtlantic last year, in May. We had 6 days of "typical" north Atlantic weather. Ice, sleet, and extremely rough seas. I thought it was fun. Walking along the passageway, when the ship would fall away from you as you take a step, it was sorta like being in a weightless state.

How courteous of you not to hold up the cruise -- because you did not understand the requirement put upon the line that they be able to comply with the requirements of the particular countries visited.

WTH? That reference was to another post about a man who DID hold up a cruise and a bunch of OTHER people on that OTHER cruise that DID hold up the cruise. A little offensive in your post.

I did hear a passenger complaining that they had to travel from Civitavecchia into Rome. He said it was probably the cruise line cutting costs by docking "way out of town" instead of actually docking at Rome.

I wonder what size ship they would expect to get that far up the river.

A 'complaint' which was made in jest.

On a recent cruise round Australia and New Zealand there seemed to be time changes virtually every day. It got to the point that at breakfast everyone would 'grumble' about the lost hour and wanted a refund for the inconvenience!! Even the waiters would join in with the 'moan'

Hopefully nobody took us seriously :)

Lady with cruise ship tour sticker on her blouse at the Acropolis in Athens (the Athens in Greece 😉) with multiple complaints:

1.It's still under construction.

2. It's not by the beach.

3. The rough surface is not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities (?)Act.

4. It's ramshackle.

Lady with cruise ship tour sticker on her blouse at the Acropolis in Athens (the Athens in Greece ) with multiple complaints:

3. The rough surface is not in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities (?)Act.

4. It's ramshackle.

Surely no one can be this stupid - can they?

I wonder what size ship they would expect to get that far up the river.

They should have booked before the Tiber changed its course. Of course, even Ostia was outside the City proper. Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Surely no one can be this stupid - can they?

You have to realize that the intelligence bell curve says that 5 % of the population has an IQ less than 75 and 20$ of the population has an IQ between 75 and 90. Also, there is a difference between intelligence and ignorance.

Yes - there are lots of people who are that stupid. It is impossible to under estimate the level of stupidity of the American population.

DON

lady with cruise ship tour sticker on her blouse at the acropolis in athens (the athens in greece ) with multiple complaints:

1.it's still under construction.

3. The rough surface is not in compliance with the americans with disabilities (?)act.

4. It's ramshackle.

omg!

Not specifically cruise directed, but a woman on Prinsendam T/A in 2014 kept talking about how her travel agent owed her at least a partial refund of cruise fare because the Trevi Fountain was being worked on and had no water -- and had been the major reason she wanted to embark at Rome .

Lady with cruise ship tour sticker on her blouse at the Acropolis in Athens (the Athens in Greece ) with multiple complaints:

4. It's ramshackle.

5. Too many stairs.

6. No air conditioning.

7. No shopping.

8. €20 for this?

9. Lots of foreigners around speaking foreign languages.

"OK, this was a comment more than a complaint, and it's more humorous than crazy. So, I hope I don't break any internet forum rules by stretching beyond the scope of the topic of this discussion.

Mrs. XBGuy was disappointed that the ocean was so calm."

I agree! I love a bit of "bumpy" seas! I just cruised 'around the Horn" of S. America in Feb. Around Tierra del Fuego & the Horn. it was quite calm. I was a bit disappointed. Most were fine with "calm".