Ultimate Dining Package!

dorts

Thanks! I did choose the first night, but Bob's comment made it sound like they will stick us in the empty slots...so was hoping that would not be the case. I like the idea of making the time choices myself.

They don't stick you in empty slots however people who paid full price and reserved ahead of time may have taken up some of the better times.

We have never had a problem in getting reservations for our restaurant of choice on the day we wanted, within half an hour of our preferred time. We board at 11 and one of the restaurants is our first stop to make our reservations.

So, we're previous NCL cruisers & are finding this part of RCI a little frustrating! We want to pay extra for speciality meals, but in doing so want to know we can eat WHEN we want to. DH phoned customer services today & we have managed to get them to agree to an 8pm reservation each night BUT we don't know where!!!!! TBH, I don't think this is going to work - I already want to call back & check with another CSA. Has anyone else done this before - booked a dining package & meal time? I'm feeling dubious!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

isnt it annoying that you are paying yet cannot predetermine your own fate? but it's the price we pay for trying something new. as well as getting zero freebies upon booking. and impossible to find prices for anything like internet etc until you book. its like its part of some secret society. say what you will about NCL but all pricing is up front on the website and clearly spelled out and doesnt vary from ship to ship. you dont have to book a cruise and wait for stuff to populate in your online account.

but this must work or people would revolt on RCI. i just worry about the quality because of the "need" to offer this discounted package to fill up slots. couldnt they charge full price if this was really good? sounds like you have been on ncl with SDP and you know you gotta get in your account at 90 days out in order to get what time you want. there really are no empty slots for them to fill/discount.

• 3 weeks later...
When my husband and I sail in December on a 12nighter this may be a good deal as we have several days at sea (6 all together) and we frequent Izumi and never manage to stay under the $30 credit each so we usually have a bill at the end. So with $50 credit each we wouldn't have any extra costs (and could sample more of the menu range, as we usually just stick to the sushi!).

Our 11 night Baltic cruise will offer this but definitely not worth it as not enough sea days.

I'm surprised about Chef's Table -- I think they could allow you to go for ONE night only and still turn a profit. We've never been to Chef's Table as we're not wine drinkers and it seems a bit pointless if you aren't pairing the wines (for $85/head, I mean!). But if it were included then we could go for the food. Oh well!

Showing £221.76 for our September 12 day cruise. All restaurants included including chefs table. however reading their small print it seems to imply a 20% off chefs table.

Here is what is says in the small print on my cruise planner and sorry if this has already been posted its nearly midnight here in scotland and i have just skimmed through the posts. Online Dining reservations for your sailing will be available up until 05-Jul-2017 11:59 PM EDT. If you are within the cut-off time, you will need to make reservations onboard.

* Prices are per person unless otherwise noted and shown in GBP. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity.

Prices are per person for the full sailing. All selections are subject to change. Royal Caribbean International reserves the right to verify eligibility upon arrival to the activity. Specialty Dining Packages must be booked at least two days prior to boarding and may not be available for every sail date. One reservation will be automatically created for the first night of the sailing. All other reservations must be made onboard and are subject to availability. Packages include service charge and food portion only for dinner and, when available, lunch service. Package valid for one specialty dining restaurant per meal. Beverages not included. For venues with a la carte pricing, package includes a $50 food credit. Additional charges may apply for special food selections. VAT will be added to the price where applicable. Children ages 6-12 can be added to reservation for a $10 cover charge once onboard. Not available on holiday sailings. Not valid for Chef's Table, Izumi Hibachi, or Culinary Experiences/Activities. Guests will receive 20% off when booking Chef's Table and/or any Culinary Experience/Activity onboard. Advertised pricing only applies to select sailing. Lunch in select specialty dining restaurants takes place only on sea days from the hours of 12:00PM to 2:00PM. Offer is non-refundable, non-transferable and not combinable with Crown & Anchor discounts or any other offer or promotion. Offer excludes charters. Offer is subject to availability and change without notice and may be withdrawn at any time. ©2017 Royal Caribbean International. Ships’ registry: Bahamas.

Sailing on Oasis right now and we saw the ULTIMATE DINING PACKAGE show up on the Cruise Planner about 2 weeks prior to sailing. We had already booked the "First Night Done Right" and the "3 Night" package deal but this one included Specialty Dining every evening so we switched to the ULTIMATE (for $168 per person). It said that we would receive a notification in our stateroom the first day with all of our restaurants reserved but that was NOT the case. We had to go to one of the specialty restaurants right after we got on ship and we were able to make reservations at whatever dining location we wanted to during whatever times we wanted (as long as it was available). They were able to accommodate us within our needed times but most of what we wanted was either 5:30pm or 6pm. I don't know what was available at later times. We had a specialty restaurant each evening PLUS *lunch* at a specialty restaurant during SEA DAYS. We ate at: Giovanni's (1 dinner and 1 lunch), Sabor, Chops (3 dinners plus 1 lunch), and 150 Central Park (2 dinners). We were supposed to eat at Izumi today for lunch but ended up skipping it. Every once in awhile we would get a server who wasn't familiar with the plan and would try to charge us but we just let them know and we then received a $0 bill each time. We never ate in the MDR and only ate at the buffet for lunch once. To us it was really worth it and it was a great chance to try the different restaurants. I would have never bothered to go to 150 Central Park based on the menu but once I got there I really enjoyed the food (that I might not have otherwise tried) and went back another night to enjoy it again!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thank you for the current info on the Ultimate Dining Package. I'm going to be on the Oasis in September and have prepaid for the Ultimate Dining Package, but I'm thinking of cancelling it. Not sure if it will be worth it depending on which restaurants we will be able to get reservations. Could you please post the cover charge/current upcharge for each specialty restaurant? I've searched but cant find current prices. Thanks so much. Hope you're enjoying your cruise! It will be my second time on Oasis-my favorite ship out of 20+ cruises.

• 2 weeks later...

Why select a time to dine with the ultimate dining package when apart from the first night, you can make the reservation at whatever time you want for subsequent nights? I don't want to be held captive by dining at the same time every night

Why select a time to dine with the ultimate dining package when apart from the first night, you can make the reservation at whatever time you want for subsequent nights? I don't want to be held captive by dining at the same time every night

When you select a time for the dining package, it only applies to the first night. You have to make other reservations onboard.

When you select a time for the dining package, it only applies to the first night. You have to make other reservations onboard.

I'm hoping not too many people jumped on this package; I'm afraid it's going to be hard to book the times we want. I kinda would like to book ahead, just cause of all the people who not only bought this package but the 3,4, or 5 night as well. Our schedule won't be too crazy with different port times and show times, it'll pretty much be the same all week long.

Is it September yet??? Sigh.

I'm hoping not too many people jumped on this package; I'm afraid it's going to be hard to book the times we want. I kinda would like to book ahead, just cause of all the people who not only bought this package but the 3,4, or 5 night as well. Our schedule won't be too crazy with different port times and show times, it'll pretty much be the same all week long.

Is it September yet??? Sigh.

Unfortunately, the dining packages only allow you to pre-book the time (not the restaurant) for the first night. Times and restaurants for the other nights must be booked onboard.

Unfortunately, the dining packages only allow you to pre-book the time (not the restaurant) for the first night. Times and restaurants for the other nights must be booked onboard.

Yeah, I know. Sigh. So far, from the reports I watched/read, it seems like the plan is liked. I hope they don't offer it again before my cruise, hee hee.

Anyways, we tend to eat on the early side, so I'm not expecting any difficulties getting a table.

Just curious, has this plan ever been offered before? I don't recall seeing it reported prior to this.

Yeah, I know. Sigh. So far, from the reports I watched/read, it seems like the plan is liked. I hope they don't offer it again before my cruise, hee hee.

Anyways, we tend to eat on the early side, so I'm not expecting any difficulties getting a table.

Just curious, has this plan ever been offered before? I don't recall seeing it reported prior to this.

Yes, Within the past couple of weeks is the first time this plan has been offered.