Room Service Drinks

bulkoboy

I have looked but it doesn't include spirits.

I saw that as well, I think before Christmas. Now I got a bottle on Oceana during the Christmas cruise.

Now either very few people use this service, or it is still available. No one on here or on any of the FB groups I am in has mentioned it at all.

That's all the information I have.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

I'm going on her this weekend. I'll try and remember to get a photo for you of the prices. Did you say it's just the room service spirit prices you're now after?

GBM

It would be handy if you could ask if they are still available to buy.

I'm going on her this weekend. I'll try and remember to get a photo for you of the prices. Did you say it's just the room service spirit prices you're now after?

GBM

Me too!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

GBM

Ooh yes please, I think spirits can only be bought from the room service. Much appreciated, have a great cruise.

There have been recent reports that the ships now have mini bars in the fridges so perhaps there is no need to use room service for spirits.

Had them last October and Christmas.

Had them taken away.

• 3 weeks later...
Ooh yes please, I think spirits can only be bought from the room service. Much appreciated, have a great cruise.
. Dear Goosebear Mum:

Sorry, but were you able to take a quick snap of the drinks list?

. Dear Goosebear Mum:

Sorry, but were you able to take a quick snap of the drinks list?

I'm sorry. I did but forgot to post them here. :o Sorry.

I'm not sure how to attach without lots of fiddling of picture sizes, so I've just uploaded it to my flickr site Photo for a forum of P&O current in cabin drink prices

There wasn't much choice, and no bottles. Whether this is now normal I'm not sure, as I've never looked at the drinks lists previously. This was the only drinks list I could find in our cabin.

Hope this helps

GBM

On Ventura in February as I said we got a bottle of Smirnoff for £20. We phoned room service and asked them what vodka was available. We were told about Smirnoff, Absolut and Grey Goose. Our friends ordered a bottle of Gordon's or Beefeater for around £20. I think Tanqueray was also on offer. We also ordered Prosecco over the phone and we paid what it cost on the wine list which if I remember correctly was £18.95. We were also able to get our Cabin steward to fill our ice-bucket and bring slices of lemon every evening when he came on duty.

There have been recent reports that the ships now have mini bars in the fridges so perhaps there is no need to use room service for spirits.

There were no miniatures in the minibar (which is what I assume you're thinking) when we were on Arcadia at Christmas, only cans of premixed drinks e.g. G&T, Pimm's etc. There'll still be demand for full bottles to consume in cabins.

They used to have full-sized spirit bottles included in the room service menu, (around £20 a bottle). Then last year they moved to pre-stocked mini-bar in the rooms and removed the full sized bottles from the price list - however you could still purchase them if you just asked.

I expect they are trying to phase this out, and i wouldn't be surprised if they stop selling bottles entirely. It was always excellent value for the customer and really didn't make sense for them to be offering it.

It would be a shame if they stopped selling the full bottles for your cabin, for those who consumed reasonably. It was always nice to have and most cabin staff were happy to provide the ice etc and this probably generated greater tips for them if they we providing this small service.

Hopefully just a blip and business as usual.

While you can at present bring alcohol on from ports etc there have been odd comments recently about people who are overdoing it and bad behaviour onboard. Perhaps this is one way to ensure that people have not "pre loaded" I think the term is, before going out and about on the ship.

To be honest I would not be surprised if P&O eventually go the way of other lines and restrict/ stop people bringing alcohol onboard as well. It's fine if people use it for the odd drink on the balcony or while changing for dinner but it must bite into their profit margin if pax bring on copious amounts and then rarely use the bars.

Never mind P&Os profit margins are quite safe with me :)

It would be a shame if they stopped selling the full bottles for your cabin, for those who consumed reasonably. It was always nice to have and most cabin staff were happy to provide the ice etc and this probably generated greater tips for them if they we providing this small service.

Hopefully just a blip and business as usual.

While you can at present bring alcohol on from ports etc there have been odd comments recently about people who are overdoing it and bad behaviour onboard. Perhaps this is one way to ensure that people have not "pre loaded" I think the term is, before going out and about on the ship.

To be honest I would not be surprised if P&O eventually go the way of other lines and restrict/ stop people bringing alcohol onboard as well. It's fine if people use it for the odd drink on the balcony or while changing for dinner but it must bite into their profit margin if pax bring on copious amounts and then rarely use the bars.

Never mind P&Os profit margins are quite safe with me :)

And me.:cool: