Looking for Caribbean Cruise Reviews for the Silhouette

Yvonne

My husband and I have cruised with Disney, Royal Caribbean and Carnival. We are planning to try Celebrity for our next cruise (probably not until February 2019) and I have done a bit of preliminary research and think we may go with the Silhouette. I have read some of the reviews of cruises on the Silhouette here on CC, and did a search on this board for reviews but nothing came up so I'm asking here, if you have cruised to the Caribbean on the Silhouette and have an extensive review with a lot of photos could you give me a link to your review? Thanks!

This is a current "Just Returned" thread,

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2492081

Thank you, I did see that one but I'm really looking for extensive reviews with a lot of photos.

I did read a 36-page transatlantic report done by Tweetylori and really got a lot of great information from that, but would love to read others. Completed, extensive, lots-of-photos reports.

y - there are very few people who post such reviews as you seek, for various reasons. You may want to take a gander and search at youtube which harbours a few clips of Silly by passengers, albeit a few are quite old....

Post some of your questions here and most likely it can be answered with recent info..

I was on Silly last year and it is a great ship and the staff were phenomenal... ports great too, western Caribbean sailing we were on. I was too busy relaxing, in ports touring, enjoying Murano and Martini Bar, OVC early in the morning and very late at night.... sitting in the library on a sea day after a 90 minute walk throughout the ship viewing its' art collection...

Having the crew direct me to things which they thought I needed to see before dis-embarking.... I was in the gym at least once a day as well.

The options for more information maybe to read all of the 'recent' reviews and look for reviews on other websites.

Thank you and bon voyage and hopefully you will choose X.

Check You Tube. There are many excellent videos of Silhouette and her sister ships Eclipse, Reflection, Equinox and Solstice. There are some differences from ship to ship such as some have Corning glass blowing demos and others have a Lawn Grill instead but the videos should give you a good idea of what to expect.

Hubby and I just returned from the Easter Week cruise on Silhouette. All I can say is we are loyalists to Celebrity now. Everything was great - the clientele (very few kids - even on a holiday week, great food, great drinks, lots of activities, decent shows). The capt (Dimitrios) and cruise director (Sara) are both people lovers - interacted with them many times. I can say enough positive things about our 1st Celebrity cruise.

I am sharing a link to my facebook album (has many pics, not just Silhouette, but our excursions too). https://www.facebook.com/sandc4e/media_set?set=a.10154802652847862.503557861&type=3

We were in AFT 1210 (direct center of the back of the ship - LOVED EVERY MINUTE OF IT!

I don't think you'll be disappointed.

Sheila

As of this morning, there are 1192 reviews of Silhouette here on Cruise Critic!

http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=594

While not all of them cover Caribbean itineraries, it is probably safe to conclude that about half of them do as Silhouette has--since she went into service in 2011--consistently spent about six months/year in the Caribbean and six months/year in Europe...

Threads that have attachments--which could be photos--are identified by a "paper clip" icon to the right of the title... And the "post" count and "views" count associated with each thread [columns to the far right] may well be indicative of a particularly popular topic/review...

Happy reading!

If you scroll down a bit from the posted link above there are tons of photos of Silhouette.,

.reviews are subjective but if you search for " live from" threads..they usually have photos or links to photos,..

Just below the search box are the words "advanced search". Click on that and type in the words Silhouette reviews. Lots of choice.

Thank you, I will do that.

Everyone else, thank you all for the information. I never thought about YouTube so I'll check that out as well.

I've read quite a few regular reviews from the reviews page, but I so enjoy the really extensive ones with loads of details and tons of photos so those are the kind I'm seeking.

From what I read and saw on Tweetylori's review (and others) the Silhouette definitely looks and sounds like a ship my husband and I would enjoy.

Check out Bimmer09's extensive photo review of his Caribbean cruise on Reflection. She's a sister shop with some changes from Silhouette, but enough similarities to help you out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Bimmer09 is the reviewer you want to follow! His reviews are extensive as are his photos.... He really enjoys doing these types of reviews and postings. To wit how good, check out the number of views and comments for him!

I do not know how I forgot about him....

Thanks hh for the reminder and info...

bon voyage

Bimmer09 is the reviewer you want to follow! His reviews are extensive as are his photos.... He really enjoys doing these types of reviews and postings. To wit how good, check out the number of views and comments for him!

I do not know how I forgot about him....

Thanks hh for the reminder and info...

bon voyage

Bo and Helen, thanks for the plug!

For the OP here is the link to my Silhouette Review

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=48880163#post48880163

(if reading it on a Mac, hide the Bookmarks so the pics appear at the size I intended-BIG!)

Enjoy!

Norris