Who would Like Israel to be a stop on the 2019 World Cruise ?

I would love to see Israel added to the 2019 WC. My DH and I are signed up for the cruise. We are excited about our 1st WC!! We plan on retiring at the end of 2018 and will celebrate our 30th anniversary on board :-)

I would love to see Israel added to the 2019 WC. My DH and I are signed up for the cruise. We are excited about our 1st WC!! We plan on retiring at the end of 2018 and will celebrate our 30th anniversary on board :-)

Has the cruise been offered already? You must have signed up while onboard? And what is the itinerary?

I gave HAL a future cruise deposit several months ago when they started taking them. It was only $100 pp. I was told they will take "real" reservations sometime in May. At that point, I believe we need to give them somewhere between $3500 and $7000. I don't recall if she told me that the $7K deposit was pp or couple.

There is a link in the World Cruising section of CC that has the details on the itinerary.

I gave HAL a future cruise deposit several months ago when they started taking them. It was only $100 pp. I was told they will take "real" reservations sometime in May. At that point, I believe we need to give them somewhere between $3500 and $7000. I don't recall if she told me that the $7K deposit was pp or couple.

There is a link in the World Cruising section of CC that has the details on the itinerary.

Thanks for the info. I will take a look.

HAL will consider Israel if the State Department doesn't have cautions for American citizens. At the moment caution is for the Gaza Strip but can change quickly. I do remember a long cruise that was to dock at the Israel port had to change plans quickly when a cafe bombing occurred in Jerusalem.

That $100 deposit just puts you on the "wait list" ... no guarantee of a cabin. If there is still availability when your name comes up on the list, then you can make your actual reservation!

Due to security issues I wouldn't be excited about a stop in Israel and would most likely stay on board if the cruise did stop there.

When I "prebooked" the 2019 WC several weeks ago, I was asked to give the agent a couple of preferred cabins, even though no cabin guarantee was made. I was also told, as stated above, that once the cruise itinerary was finalized, we would receive that information and be offered the ability to make a formal reservation.

Yes, I was told that we would be "in line" after the current WCers. Anyone on the current 2017 WC, would be offered 1st dibs at a cabin. If there is any availability (I assume there will be some), then HAL will process those people on the list in priority order based on "pre-book" date.

HAL will consider Israel if the State Department doesn't have cautions for American citizens. At the moment caution is for the Gaza Strip but can change quickly. I do remember a long cruise that was to dock at the Israel port had to change plans quickly when a cafe bombing occurred in Jerusalem.

We once enjoyed a one day port stop in Israel , porting in Haifa think we were sailing Maasdam on that cruise.I wish fhe stop had b een longer b ut it was a great day.

Is there some new threat in the Middle East? We had perfectly delightful port stops in Israel last October on the Prinsendam. Cruise director Bruce Scudder reported that in Ashdod only 14 passengers remained onboard and in Haifa only 32. I would not think a world cruiser would worry about security in Israel.

HAL must disagree as the Prinsendam will be there in Oct.

Then obviously HAL no longer, at least at present, thinks that area is unsafe. For a while, however, wasn't HAL suspending stops in the Turkey and other ME ports? And the suspensions are done on a moment's notice and, apparently, resumed in the same way. Nothing wrong with that.

Is there some new threat in the Middle East? We had perfectly delightful port stops in Israel last October on the Prinsendam. Cruise director Bruce Scudder reported that in Ashdod only 14 passengers remained onboard and in Haifa only 32. I would not think a world cruiser would worry about security in Israel.

Without getting into the politics of that region, I suggest that the present world environment is extremely vulnerable to erratic and dangerous changes. Nothing may happen; much may happen. I don't think that we can count on any ports being accessible at a particular time, in that region of the world. HAL will, and should, cancel a port if safety requires.

I personally would love to have a stop there.

Friends of ours just returned from a two week tour all over Israel. They had no problems. They were with a tour company which I assume would not have been there if it was dangerous or unsettled.

Who would like Israel to be a stop on the 2019 World Cruise?

YES!!! We would love to see Israel added to HAL's 2019 World Cruise!! The Israelis go out of their way to make sure everyone is as safe as possible there -- at least as safe as anywhere else in the world these days!! It is a destination that means so much for so many religions. I am sure there are many fellow cruisers who would love to return again and again. Since the 2019 WC is going to Jordan again and passing through the Suez Canal before heading west to Italy' date=' it would be easy to make one or two stops in Israel on the way.[/font']

Hoping the powers that be in Seattle will reconsider and add Israel!!