Pictures from your very first Carnival cruise

Mobe

We are about to go on our second Carnival cruise. Our first was January 2006 on the Inspiration. I thought it would be fun to see pictures from people's first cruises. Here are a few from ours.

Screenshot_20170430-200240_zpsigvcyisp.png

Screenshot_20170430-200330_zps6c0rrxur.png

Screenshot_20170430-200345_zps7pa4e3cl.png

Screenshot_20170430-200408_zpsiryedyog.png

From our first cruise on Carnival Festivale in June 1992:

Festivale in St. Thomas:

SCAN0189-1.jpg

SCAN0190-1.jpg

Embarkation

19920614_TSSFestivalEmbarkation.jpg

Sea Day on Lido Deck (Festival did not have the "whale tail")

SCAN0362-01-1.jpg

MDR wait staff getting a line going for some dancing and fun

SCAN0331-01-1.jpg

Not actual pictures, but I still have some of the "Carnival Capers" (now "Fun Times"). They were just on a legal sized sheet of paper then, front and back.

First Day, St. Thomas. The cruise was a southern Caribbean out of San Juan to St. Thomas; St. Maarten; Dominica (1/2 day); Barbados; Martinique; Sea Day; San Juan. The "safety drill" (then called lifeboat drill) was not on embarkation day, but the next day after leaving St. Thomas. (???)

scan0006.jpg

scan0005.jpg

Dominica

scan.jpg

scan0010.jpg

Final (and only) day at sea. I loved how they had listed on the bottom of the 2nd side of the page the islands we'd be passing that day on the way up from Martinique to San Juan and the approximate times we'd be passing.

scan0014.jpg

scan0015_1.jpg

We discovered cruising in 2007. Our first Carnival cruise was on the Conquest round trip from Galveston, TX. I'll never forget how reluctant my wife was to go on our first cruise, and how quickly she booked our next cruise the day after we got back home. We've been cruising every year since then. I'll insert a link below to my wife's website where you can view pictures she took.

2007 Carnival Conquest Western Caribbean Cruise

We are about to go on our second Carnival cruise. Our first was January 2006 on the Inspiration. I thought it would be fun to see pictures from people's first cruises. Here are a few from ours.

Screenshot_20170430-200240_zpsigvcyisp.png

I like that hat either you or your wife is wearing. Are the lights battery powered?

I only have a few pictures from my first cruise, but that was before digital cameras. My second cruise (and first on Carnival) was on the Carnival Holiday in early 2001. Still before digital cameras. My third cruise (second on Carnival) was on the Carnival Pride in 2004 ...

A-Port-140.jpg

A1-IMG_0911.jpg

C-IMG_0410.jpg

C-IMG_0459.jpg

B-IMG_0153.jpg

Edited by Cuizer2