Sugar free deserts?

Brad1972

i can't remember how much Carnival offers in sugar free deserts and sugar free sweets. I remember seeing a section of sugar free deserts during the chocolate extravaganza buffet on our cruise a year ago but what about daily stuff at the buffet. Do they have some sugar free deserts? Ice cream? Is the frozen yogurt sugar free?

Our cruise next year one person in our group is type II diabetic. Just wonder if he's going to get to endulge in some sugar free sweets and deserts. Or is it very limited availability?

I can really only speak for the main dining room(s). I seem to remember there being a sugar free dessert on the dessert stand in the lido buffet each day, but I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly.

There is always one sugar free(possibly no sugar added) dessert every night in the main dining room(s). They also are supposed to have one or two sugar free(possibly no sugar added) ice cream flavors each night(vanilla and something can't remember). The menu specifically mentions low or no sugar, not just diet(I think). There is also a fruit plate available every night.

On the first night on a 5-day cruise on the Fantasy in December 2016, my mom asked for sugar free vanilla ice cream. She was told that she couldn't have it that night, but she could get it the next night. She asked again the next night, and they said the next night. On the third night they said they didn't have any at all.

I can really only speak for the main dining room(s). I seem to remember there being a sugar free dessert on the dessert stand in the lido buffet each day, but I am not sure if I am remembering this correctly.

On the first night on a 5-day cruise on the Fantasy in December 2016, my mom asked for sugar free vanilla ice cream. She was told that she couldn't have it that night, but she could get it the next night. She asked again the next night, and they said the next night. On the third night they said they didn't have any at all.

Need to order special things the night before. Many times it can be made.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Im type 2 and there are sugar free desserts but not too many. The buffett may or may not have one each day. If there isnt any I grab a small oatmeal or choc chip cookie. Dinner there is apple pie on occasion and others I cant remember. As for sugar free ice cream, I have had it on 12 cruises, but only vanilla.

i can't remember how much Carnival offers in sugar free deserts and sugar free sweets. I remember seeing a section of sugar free deserts during the chocolate extravaganza buffet on our cruise a year ago but what about daily stuff at the buffet. Do they have some sugar free deserts? Ice cream? Is the frozen yogurt sugar free?

Our cruise next year one person in our group is type II diabetic. Just wonder if he's going to get to endulge in some sugar free sweets and deserts. Or is it very limited availability?

Trust me he will have plenty of choices. Desserts are sugar free as it is stated on the menu. They are quite tasty. There is many choices for diabetics. When I was on the Victory I told them I would pass on any bread offering, they were so understanding and just passed me each night without making a fuss.

I was on the ship for 9 days and actually lost weight and felt stuffed during the entire cruise.

• 6 years later...

I am so very disappointed. Went to the lunch buffet as we just boarded the ship and they had one, only one sugar free dessert. They combined sugar free with dairy free and made a soy sugar free cheesecake. Disgusting. I  giving it a big triple “F”. A jelled weird dessert. I wouldn’t touch it with a 10 foot pole. It is bad enough being sugar free but I don’t have to be dairy free. I was looking forward to a sugar free dessert. I asked our cruise consultant if they were available and he said yes. I should have asked further. Never in a million years would I have entertained the notion of such a combo.  I am sad. Other cruise lines do such a better job. They often, have several desserts always available for each type of dietary restriction. 

IMG_7746.jpeg