NEW Room Service Menu May 2017

Mrs Wally

Hi

Has anybody seen the new P&O Room Service Menu?

The website says that a new room service menu with more chargeable items will be available from May 2017???

I am hoping we will be able to buy bottles of spirits to have in our cabin as this option had been removed on our cruise onboard Ventura in September.

I've had this email this morning.

" We look forward to welcoming you on board for a fantastic holiday. Before you join us, we wish to make you aware of the introduction of a new room service menu, which will be available to you on board.

Designed to bring you greater flexibility and more options for casual dining, the new menu features both British and global classics plus a range of healthy options, snacks and desserts. While the majority of items are chargeable, room service will continue to offer excellent value with small plates from just £1.25 and large plates (main meals) at £4.75 – all delivered to your door for no additional service charge. Continental breakfast (plus an additional hot breakfast option*) is still included in your holiday price – great for that long lie in you’ve been promising yourself.

The new menu will be introduced across the fleet* between May and July 2017 so you could be amongst the first to try our new dishes."

so I looked on the website and you can see the new menus.

There's nothing drink wise on it just food. One thing I did notice is just about everything is chargeable apart from the breakfast.

Happy sailing everyone

Thanks very much for your responses. I received the email this morning and have seen the menu which looks quite extensive and I can imagine some people are not happy to pay for everything when in the past most items were free of charge so think there will be some grumbles!!

I see there is still no price list for in cabin drinks on the website though :confused:

I have never had room service on any ship. Do many people order to the cabin? Can't think of anything worse than eating in my bedroom, unless I'm ill!

My initial thought was similar to yours, I wondered whether many people actually use room service but then my husband reminded me how many trays we walked past in the corridor every day on Ventura in March. We have never seen so many on any ship, so perhaps it is becoming more popular.

I have never had room service on any ship. Do many people order to the cabin? Can't think of anything worse than eating in my bedroom, unless I'm ill!

It's eating on the balcony that can be attractive - but not so much now!

I love having breakfast on my balcony.

Also had dinner once when sailing through the inside passage from Alaska to Canada because the views were so amazing I didn't want to miss anything.

I received the email this morning and have seen the menu which looks quite extensive

I also received this email, please could you tell me where you found the extensive menu? My email didn't have an attachment with said menu.

If you are in an inside cabin then I would completely agree. That's why we would never cruise without a balcony! We are on Aurora in a weeks time on the very first cruise to feature the new Room Service menu and shall be sure, at the very least, to enjoy a private afternoon cream tea on our balcony for just £3 a head. Heaven!

If you are in an inside cabin then I would completely agree. That's why we would never cruise without a balcony! We are on Aurora in a weeks time on the very first cruise to feature the new Room Service menu and shall be sure, at the very least, to enjoy a private afternoon cream tea on our balcony for just £3 a head. Heaven!

Don't know if you're in a Suite this time, but I have been told by others that you can ask your Butler to bring afternoon tea, which, presumably, would not be chargeable?! We've certainly never done it when we've had a Suite, but I know of people who have.

I also received this email, please could you tell me where you found the extensive menu? My email didn't have an attachment with said menu.

All the new room service menus are on the website.

Here is the link to it:-

https://ask.pocruises.com/help/PO/life-on-board/example_menu

It lists all the new menus by ship further down the page.

Or carry it back from the Buffet for free clear.png?emoji-smile-1684

Don't know if you're in a Suite this time, but I have been told by others that you can ask your Butler to bring afternoon tea, which, presumably, would not be chargeable?! We've certainly never done it when we've had a Suite, but I know of people who have.

Sadly not. Having booked 5 cruises over 18 months we have had to restrict the Suites to our main summer cruises. Besides, the suites on Aurora are very expensive compared to Britannia and we now need accessible facilities, so the choice is far less. Like you, we have never asked a butler for a cream tea, but may do so on Britannia in July!

Or carry it back from the Buffet for free clear.png?emoji-smile-1684

No chance! I'm on holiday. That's like having to go into the galley in a restaurant to fetch your own meal. I do enough of that at home! Holidays are not the time for penny pinching. ;)

No chance! I'm on holiday. That's like having to go into the galley in a restaurant to fetch your own meal. I do enough of that at home! Holidays are not the time for penny pinching. ;)

Some will though !!

As mentioned on the other thread.

Sadly not. Having booked 5 cruises over 18 months we have had to restrict the Suites to our main summer cruises. Besides, the suites on Aurora are very expensive compared to Britannia and we now need accessible facilities, so the choice is far less. Like you, we have never asked a butler for a cream tea, but may do so on Britannia in July!

Yes the suites on Aurora are very expensive I have never been in one. We have on Oriana but that was an upgrade.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app