Hotel Help Miami

gman395

It's been quite a few years for taking a cruise from Miami. I'm going to be on the Vista in Feb of 2018 and now that our 5yr old will be coming with us i just don't want to pick any hotel. Looking around online the hotels for that month seem kind of expensive. We would just be staying one night the one thing i was always told is dont fly the same day. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I can tell you the last time we stayed in Miami for a cruise it was a the red roof inn by the airport in miami but i wasnt very happy with it when we stayed.

It's been quite a few years for taking a cruise from Miami. I'm going to be on the Vista in Feb of 2018 and now that our 5yr old will be coming with us i just don't want to pick any hotel. Looking around online the hotels for that month seem kind of expensive. We would just be staying one night the one thing i was always told is dont fly the same day. Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I can tell you the last time we stayed in Miami for a cruise it was a the red roof inn by the airport in miami but i wasnt very happy with it when we stayed.

The Embassy Suites in Miami is awesome! I reviewed it here-http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/miami-cruise-port-hotel-review-of.html

miami-cruise-port-hotel-review-of.html

The Embassy Suites in Miami is awesome! I reviewed it here-http://thecheerfulcruiser.blogspot.com/2016/07/miami-cruise-port-hotel-review-of.html

Agree ,just remember Miami is a money city.

We like the Hampton Inn and Suites Blue Lagoon. There is a shuttle from the airport. The taxi to the pier is approx $30. There is a shuttle for, I think, $10 per person but we like going on our own when we are ready, for the same cost. Nice pool. Safe area. Good breakfast included.

Across the street is a strip mall with a grocery store, Starbucks, liquor store and a good Italian restaurant. A block away is a drug store. Fair price. Have a great cruise!

We like intercontinental or EB. Intercontinental if you can get a decent rate. February is a very expensive month.

Bill

We like intercontinental or EB. Intercontinental if you can get a decent rate. February is a very expensive month.

Bill

The intercontinental is a great hotel, with a deal, that is......

Our favourite is the JW Marriott Marquis. It has an excellent location and is a 5 star hotel. It's very expensive but check a site that shows multiple hotel booking sites because sometimes it goes on for a good rate.

Another good option is the Holiday Inn Port of Miami. It's right across from Bayfront park where there are great restaurants and shopping and there's always something fun and interesting going on there like concerts etc. It is usually a decent price.

I agree with the other posters who warn February is an expensive month. We booked the same hotel in February and November and in February its was more than double the rate.

Reduced price is $179. Kind of high. If book thru hotel it is $259. No thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you stay out by the airport, my first choice is Hampton Inn Blue Lagoon. Excellent service, friendly and helpful staff, nice rooms, and breakfast. Acoss the street (use the the crosswalk, very busy street) you will find a Publix supermarket, a Liquor store, a Cuban restaurant and some others, Burlington Coat factory, and down the street a block, Walgreens and CVS. They have a shuttle to the port for 10 pp, but if more than two of you, a cab or uber might be better.

Embassy suites is good too, but just nothing, absolutely nothing to walk to nearby.

Dowtown, in recent years, I have only stayed at Holiday Inn Port of Miami, but it seems from reviews, that there are a lot of problems lately with plumbling and AC, well that is just from reviews. Two years ago, I too had some issues with the room, but the location cant be beat. Others downtown, are Intercontinental, Courtyard, YVE hotel, Hyatt Regency, and a bit further down Biscayne, Doubletree and Marriot Biscayne, Hilton Miami downtown.

Have a great cruise.

What time does your flight arrive? :confused: Flying into MIA or FLL?

Arriving into MIA late after a long day of travel and just want dinner, a room and breakfast in the morning? Choose an airport hotel - Blue Lagoon options or the Embassy Suites are good options.

Arriving earlier in the day and want to see something of Miami - I would choose a downtown hotel with dining within walking distance. Hampton Inn Mary Brickell is very popular and includes a good breakfast.

Feb is peak season -- book something now that you can live with and then keep shopping?