PreCruise Hotels near Port of Miami

freyaf

I just booked the Holiday Inn Port of Miami it seems to be the closest hotel to the port, got good reviews for the most part and was reasonable priced. Has food across the street. We get in last and plan to leave early to board ship so only needed a place to sleep and shower. I think it will do the trick.

Marriott Biscayne Bay, for under $200 you can see the boat from your room. It's a great place to start your vacation. :ship: :cocktail:

I'm staying here for our cruise in November. It's nice to have a good review!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We have been staying at the Hilton Airport, then Jiffy Jeff (yea thats the name) to the port. Free shuttle to the hotel, and quick and easy to get to the port in the morning.

I just booked the Holiday Inn Port of Miami it seems to be the closest hotel to the port, got good reviews for the most part and was reasonable priced. Has food across the street. We get in last and plan to leave early to board ship so only needed a place to sleep and shower. I think it will do the trick.

Second this, we always stay here!

We did Marriott Biscayne Bay before a reunion cruise that I organized and the staff there were great. There was also a good sports bar on the 9th floor of the tower next door that had great food and an outdoor seating area. It had happy hour prices but regular menu didn't break the bank either. Pretty sure we took taxi's to the cruise port and it was quick and reasonable.

We spent a post cruise night at the Marriott Stanford on South Beach and loved that, albeit a bit more pricey. They were walking distance to the Big Pink Diner which I loved.

I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn across from the docks. Tight parking, but doable. Has restaurant and is close to a drug store for last minute items. If you get water view, you can sit and sip coffee and look at the ships before heading down for breakfast. Has a park across the street to walk and view the water as well.

But again, I always get it on points....:)

Does anyone know if there is shuttle service to the port available from the DoubleTree Hilton Biscayne Bay?

The hotel uses a shuttle service that is not free and they were trying to charge us $10 a head for our party of 6 to get from there to the port.

We ordered an Uber XL instead - $27+tip because our driver was extremely courteous and helpful. If you do it, XL is the way to go, as they're just going to have more room for your luggage.

I am staying at the Intercontinental, just under $95 plus taxes, etc. for my June cruise. It was a hotel I did a blind bid on.

I did the same. Will be staying there this Thursday prior to sailing on the Sky. Taking a taxi or uber to port.

I will vouch for the Holiday Inn Port of Miami as well. We always stay there when we cruise out of Miami. I will say that if you are going to stay here check the Miami events calendar before you do. We stayed there last fall and there was a running race of some kind downtown and it was a NIGHTMARE to get an Uber for a ride to the port. They had all of the roads closed down in that area and we had to walk with all of our luggage about 10 blocks to catch a ride.

Daughter and myself are staying at the Intercontinental in Miami. Daughter stayed here before and said it is very nice, plus close to plenty of restaurants. Check out reviews of this property by other travelers.

DW and I stayed two nights pre-cruise at the Fortune House booked through a Hotel website. It is 1.5 miles from pier.

There is a free trolley stop about three blocks from hotel that dropped us off at Bayside Marketplace.

We wound up with a two bedroom condo with balcony.

Rode shuttle to Whole Foods nearby.

Very comfortable and reasonable.

Walked out of lobby after check out and found shuttle sitting there. Don't remember shuttle price, but thought it was reasonable.