PreCruise Hotels near Port of Miami

freyaf

Marriott Biscayne Bay, for under $200 you can see the boat from your room. It's a great place to start your vacation. :ship: :cocktail:

So happy you posted this response. I booked Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on lmtclub with taxes and fees totaling $122. I haven't found that price again (even on their site) but think it is a good price for the hotel.

We are going on July 7.

We stayed at the Marriott Biscayne Bay. Their breakfast buffet was the highlight of our cruise vacation.

Yikes, the breakfast was better than your cruise :eek: That doesn't sound too good :o

I will vouch for the Holiday Inn Port of Miami as well. We always stay there when we cruise out of Miami. I will say that if you are going to stay here check the Miami events calendar before you do. We stayed there last fall and there was a running race of some kind downtown and it was a NIGHTMARE to get an Uber for a ride to the port. They had all of the roads closed down in that area and we had to walk with all of our luggage about 10 blocks to catch a ride.

A few blocks and a bridge would have gotten you at the ship. ;)

Just kidding, it's quite a walk :)

A few blocks and a bridge would have gotten you at the ship. ;)

Just kidding, it's quite a walk :)

Yeah. We actually started to walk to the pier. But about the time we got to the bridge there was a smart business man with a van there offering rides across the bridge for 3 bucks a head. We loaded all of our stuff and jumped in without a second thought. If I didnt have the luggage I would have turned him down :)

I've stayed at the Hampton Inn Miami/Brickell a few times pre-cruise, and would highly recommend. It's a lot more upscale than what you would typically expect from a Hampton Inn. Location downtown is nice, and there are several restaurants within walking distance. Uber/Lyft from the airport was about $15, and to the port was around $10 or less. I think you can also schedule a shuttle pickup through the hotel concierge, but I'm not sure how much it costs. It's a shared ride, and I'm thinking it's about $10pp.

We usually stay at the Holiday Inn POM or the InterContinental. IC is much nicer, and a nice walk through the park to get to the Bayside Marketplace. (but I wouldn't walk it by myself at night) Their pool is really nice compared to the HI pool. We find the HIPOM easier to access Bayside- right across the street. We book whichever hotel gives us a better deal.

Hello,

I typically drive to various ports. The last time I sailed out of Miami I was able to obtain a cruise package at the Hilton Garden Inn at Dania Beach. This included one night stay, free parking for my car, and a roundtrip shuttle ride to the Port of Miami. I sailed in early April and the price was very reasonable for that time of year. Dania Beach is North of Miami near Fort Lauderdale, so it is important to be clear you need the shuttle for the Port of Miami, and not the Port Everglades shuttle.

So happy you posted this response. I booked Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay on lmtclub with taxes and fees totaling $122. I haven't found that price again (even on their site) but think it is a good price for the hotel.

We are going on July 7.

I'm booked at the Marriott Biscayne Bay also. I got it at $119+tax for our Escape cruise in August. You got an excellent deal!:cool:

We stayed at the Residence Inn Miami Beach for 2 nights before our cruise. It's about a $15 Uber ride to the Port of Miami. The location was great! Right near famous Lincoln Road Mall, which is awesome! We walked down Lincoln Road Mall each day to Miami Beach, and sat on the beach, right in front of the Ritz. I would definitely stay here again! Pool on the top floor. Plus, the hotel is relatively new (maybe 1 or 2 years old). Hope this helps!

• 2 months later...
Does anyone have any suggestions for moderate priced pre cruise hotels near the port of Miami?

Hi Freyaf

We are still trying to get in touch with you re the slot pull on the Bliss next May. Are you still sailing with us? Would like the names of your 6 players

Thanks

Janet Montauklady

Don't mean to hijack this thread but do any hotels in Miami offer transfers from ft Lauderdale airport?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

It's about 25 miles from FLL to Miami, so I doubt hotel shuttles will go that far. In case you don't find one, try http://www.ridesas.com they are very reasonable and do MiamI hotel dropoffs.

Don't mean to hijack this thread but do any hotels in Miami offer transfers from ft Lauderdale airport?

Sent from my 2PQ93 using Tapatalk

Try SAS Transportation. Very reasonable. We recently used it from FLL airport to our hotel in Miami and again after our cruise from the port of Miami back to FLL airport.