Msc divina review with pics

hockeyguru32

IMG_2306_zpsxsidlkj2.jpg

Here is the Sporty, oh yeah I don't know what that big thing is in the background.

Cheers.

LOL now you're just showing off kidding......What a great pic thanks for sharing. Yes my Road King just had a full service done on it last fall and I asked them to check the tensioners they told me they were fine and I had the heads redone 2 years ago they had a lot of carbon on them. I kept getting a lot of back fire when I let off the throttle. I also have a stage one as well and I don't think they set it up properly but so far so good. Its been cold since I got back so I haven't had a ride on her yet and I'm getting very antsy.

April 29th 2017

Now where was I before I was interrupted by Sandpiper35 with the Harley's and Cruise ships LOL.

CRUISE DAY!!!

How can anyone not be excited by cruise day and the excitement of getting on the ship, to me it's like Christmas and I was up at 4:15am. If you asked me 4 years ago if I would like to go on a cruise my answer would have been "Did you fall and hit your head?" My thinking was why go on a cruise and get seasick and waste your vacation and money in bed sicker than a dog. Boy am I glad my first cruise was awesome and I was hooked. To prevent seasickness I take 1 Gravol with Ginger in the morning and at bedtime. Gravol is the Canadian version of Dramamine.

So I not so patiently waited until 7am to get the 4 S's done and got dressed and packed prior to going to the complimentary breakfast buffet we were comped....thank you again Best Western Premier. If you don't have it in your package when you book you can buy it for $9.99

20170429_074457_zpsifwb24nc.jpg

After we ate we went back up to the room and played the waiting game. I don't wait well either. So at 9:30am I gave the nod to DW and said "Let's make like a baby and HEAD OUT!!!!!!!!" We had to gas up the rental car which cost us a whole $10.00 and we drove 68 miles. We got to the Avis office on 2nd Ave in Downtown MIA at 10:00am. I went inside dropped the paperwork off and hopped on the shuttle that took us to port. Our driver was very friendly and the shuttle was packed.

20170429_101135_zpsiziqpuyh.jpg

I lost a few pictures and one of the was the cruise port prior to going into the tunnel with all the ships lined up and it always amazes me the size of these ships...... but oh well I'll type on....We got to the port at 10:15 and saw an old friend we hadn't seen since last year at this time.

20170429_101701_zpsnaawwozr.jpg

The NCL Escape....We dropped off some people there and picked some people up as well. Then it was our turn we were dropped off at Dock G at the very end. I tipped our singing driver and dropped our luggage off to the porter and tipped him too so he wouldn't let our luggage do a triple flip with a one and a half twist in the pike position and land in the slip. We were inside the MSC Security area at 10:35 and through Security at 10:48am and headed straight to get our sign and sail cards. Little tip go to the far outside lane against the wall its the shortest line. Then in line to get our sign and sail cards. 20170429_105747_zps0fs3lvmf.jpg

The Line Game is fun but NOT the WAITING GAME!!!!!!!

That is a righteous ride Guru. Very pretty. I hope you are keeping up with the cam chain tensioners, that is a weak point of the twin 88. Hey we can probably share parts, I acquired a '02 Road King in March, and am trying to bring her back to life. The first thing I had to do was to clean a carb that had been sitting with 3 year old gas in it. Then replace the tensioners that were riding metal-on-metal on the cam chains. But now she is purring with her new SE-203 cams.

Sorry you missed the Marlins maybe next time. It's not a bad little field we have. We even have a roof. Don't now why we always have good hot weather.

So yes hurry up and finish your review we leave on the Divina May 20th and would appreciate the benefit of your advise.

I'll try to post some pics of the RK and a '07 Sporty I've had since 2012. Trying to sell that one since I need my garage back.

So what is going on in October another cruise?

Cheers.

I have a 1985 Honda Interceptor V45 650 that's been sitting for 6 years in my garage and I want to get rid of it ...

Yes another Cruise on the Carnival Vista it's our 30th anniversary

"Make like a baby and Head Out" OMG . . . Too funny ! I peed a bit ! Keep up the awesome review ! !

And thanks for the little tips ! Taking notes .

:D:D Definitely will give tips,. If there is anything anyone wants to know please feel free to ask. This is what my review is all about to help fellow cruisers that have helped me along the way and to relive my adventure.

Great review Guru. Sorry for high jacking your thread. really did not mean to, just got exited during your excellent descriptions.

Just quick a note on the back fire issue, ask the wrench to check for "lean", it sounds like what the '02 RK did to me while I was tuning it. Just a little more fuel should solve it. Should have no trouble getting rid of the Honda, it's a great ride.

Cheers.

Is this a HOG thread or a Divina review????

To be honest it's a review of my adventures and some other nice people commenting about my review from what I have typed here in this free freedom of speech place.

If you have missed it so far it's been a Canadian review, a baseball review, a hotel review, a food review, a car rental review, an airplane review, a couple motorcycle pictures, a shuttle review, a getting in line review, a waiting in line review and I'm sure I will review other things as I see to my choosing since it is my review. Thanks for looking in though.

Great review Guru. Sorry for high jacking your thread. really did not mean to, just got exited during your excellent descriptions.

Just quick a note on the back fire issue, ask the wrench to check for "lean", it sounds like what the '02 RK did to me while I was tuning it. Just a little more fuel should solve it. Should have no trouble getting rid of the Honda, it's a great ride.

Cheers.

No worries piper about high jacking I appreciate what everyone has to offer in this space.

"Look on the bright side....you got a little extra bacon for breakfast!"

Quando guidare una " LEGGENDA " non e abbastanza!!! :D

Edited by rich60

Sorry all my internet has been behaving badly I've tired a time out I spanked her and I' ve called her parents and nothing has worked she is very very slow and my apologies.

Anywho we got our sign and sail cards found a seat and played the waiting game

DJI_20170429_113145_zpswemuzefs.jpg

We had about (aboot) a 45 minute wait and we had card 16 and were call at 11:45 to get off our duff and on the ship. You didn't have to tell me twice. Except I didn't hear our number called DW did. SO truth be told I did have to be told twice.

The BEST feeling in the world walking down the hallway to get to the gangplank

DJI_20170429_121136_zpsukkw7r66.jpg

I CCCCCCCCCCCC

DJI_20170429_121141_zpscifhglse.jpg

DJI_20170429_121156_zpsqvwcf1ix.jpgALMOST THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI_20170429_121355_zpswccapzgt.jpgAHHHHHHHHHHHHH best feeling HONEY I'M HOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DJI_20170429_131705_zpsmzgvq0ti.jpgQuick we need to get to get food STAT.....I was fading fast DW called Rampart General suggestion was give the patient IV D5W ringers lactate normal saline solution and transport to the Calumet Buffet

DJI_20170429_122201_zpslpckr1ko.jpgView from buffet.After lunch we went to see if our cabin was ready and we met our wonderful cabin steward Annalisa from the Philippines she was excellent and I will speak more about her later. We asked if our cabin was ready she replied yes go ahead and go in.

Our carry on are now in the room we head back out to the warm Miami sunshine something we haven't seen or felt at home for awhile

DJI_20170429_133011_zpshgf9ases.jpgI have never cruised out of any other port than Miami. That won't happen until next April, yet I never get sick of these views

DJI_20170429_133026_zpsep94orah.jpgAfter hanging out on Deck 14 that's where the main pool is, buffet, big screen, Solarium enclosed pool, it was time for the Muster Drill at 4:45 our ship by the itinerary was leaving at 7:00pm. We had Muster station G which is located Deck 7 mid La Cantina Di Bacco and yes you have to go and on MSC you must take your life jacket with you that is stored in your closet.

20170429_165227_zpsiqho0dxa.jpg

What a fashion statement that is eh? If the ship ever goes down I am breaking that glass behind me and taking the wine with me I'll be the talk of the lifeboat. I like muster drills inside where it is cool, drill was quick and painless and done in 15 minutes. I was surprised with how many people did not bring their life jackets but to each their own.

We had early seating for supper in the Main Dining Room (MDR) which was 6:00pm. We went back to the cabin to get ready for our first meal. Please be aware I took notes on times we got to MDR, what time we ordered, and what time apps, mains, dessert, and when we left. You will thank me later for this.

I am following and enjoying your review. I am eagerly soaking up all information on MSC cruises as next year will be my first one on MSC. I appreciate your effort, and know it takes time and patience to put one of these reviews together. Thanks.

Our carry on are now in the room we head back out to the warm Miami sunshine something we haven't seen or felt at home for awhile

DJI_20170429_133011_zpshgf9ases.jpgI have never cruised out of any other port than Miami. That won't happen until next April, yet I never get sick of these views

DJI_20170429_133026_zpsep94orah.jpgAfter hanging out on Deck 14 that's where the main pool is, buffet, big screen, Solarium enclosed pool, it was time for the Muster Drill at 4:45 our ship by the itinerary was leaving at 7:00pm. We had Muster station G which is located Deck 7 mid La Cantina Di Bacco and yes you have to go and on MSC you must take your life jacket with you that is stored in your closet.

20170429_165227_zpsiqho0dxa.jpg

What a fashion statement that is eh? If the ship ever goes down I am breaking that glass behind me and taking the wine with me I'll be the talk of the lifeboat. I like muster drills inside where it is cool, drill was quick and painless and done in 15 minutes. I was surprised with how many people did not bring their life jackets but to each their own.

We had early seating for supper in the Main Dining Room (MDR) which was 6:00pm. We went back to the cabin to get ready for our first meal. Please be aware I took notes on times we got to MDR, what time we ordered, and what time apps, mains, dessert, and when we left. You will thank me later for this.

Cute picture! You know it's a good sign when your life jacket doesn't have that "used look"!?!

I'm thanking you already...love your great sense of humor!

I am following and enjoying your review. I am eagerly soaking up all information on MSC cruises as next year will be my first one on MSC. I appreciate your effort, and know it takes time and patience to put one of these reviews together. Thanks.

Much appreciated SMSACE6 and thank you for following along MSC is an up and coming cruise company, privately owned by the Sorrento family form Italy. They are building 9 ships in 11 years and have to hire 6000 more people, 2 of the ships come out this year.

The MSC Meraviglia that is out in another week I believe, and the MSC Seaside in December with the home port in Miami.

Also they are building their own cruise port Island around Nassau and it will be done in a years time. It will be a private stop like Half Moon Cay that is owned by Holland America or Carnival Corp, Disney Castaway Cay, Great Stirrup Cay by NCL, Princess Cay by Princess also Carnival Corp and Coco Cay owned by RCL. The thing different that MSC is doing with their private island is an over night stop so you're there for an entire day to spend on the beach, and the versatility to go on or off the ship for lunch or for supper then head back to the beach after supper for evening entertainment and an evening beach party. They will not tender, as they are building a cruise pier so you can come and go at your leisure.

MSC Divina is a gorgeous ship. Can't wait to show you pics of her but all in chronological order

Cute picture! You know it's a good sign when your life jacket doesn't have that "used look"!?!

I'm thanking you already...love your great sense of humor!

Awwwww golly gee thanks :) and its humoUr lol

Love your matching Welcome Aboard garb. Way to represent !

Keep up the great report ! Love the pictures and all of the details !

Thank you, we always like to let people know where we are from besides our mother's. And speaking of Mother's........... Happy Mother's Day to all of you reading this and to mine looking down on me :halo:

Now back to our regularly scheduled program.

Back to the outhouse where things are piling up, it was time to get ready and head to supper. We weren't sure if we were going to the Main DiningRoom (MDR) or the Buffet.

We like being on an open deck for sail away, there is nothing like hearing the Captain give the call all clear, as the lines are let loose, the azipods shuttering as you push away from the dock, then gliding forward down the slip, passing Star Island, the car Ferry, seeing South Beach, and then to the open ocean.

With supper being at 6:00pm we would miss all that , but we decided we have seen it before and we love going to the MDR, so decision was made. We put cruise casual clothes on and left. Our cabin was on Deck 11 (Iride) and headed for the elevators aka lift. The Black Crab Restaurant is two levels Upper is Deck 6 (Zeus) and lower where we ate was Deck 5 (Saturno).

We walked in about 5 minutes early with smiles and welcome from the wait staff as you passed by them. Our hostess walked us to our table #564. Two Filipino's Neil and Ladel would take care of us for the week.

We always choose Your Time Dining on ALL our cruises but we didn't get to do that option on MSC as it seems to be a loyalty reward. When we sat down there were 2 couples at the table. We all introduced ourselves, the first couple I do not recall their names they only ate with us one night and they ever came back. The other couple was Larry and Margo from Cincinnati, Ohio.

20170429_180246_zpsdg0d659g.jpg

Neil brought the menus and he passed around a basket of various breads. Their bread is made onsite from scratch and fresh everyday . Their crusty rolls were to die for. Our orders where taken at 6:15, and at 6:40 apps finally arrived.

20170429_184218_zpsf5rgvum8.jpg

DW and I both had the clam chowder. As I was waiting for the mains to arrive I noticed everyone around out table was eating but our table. A gentleman came over and said how is everything, I didn't say a word. He asked if we had ate yet and I replied just our appetizers. He said my name is George I am the head waiter for your section. I said nice to meet you. I think he knew by my tone of my voice and everyone's body language that we were not happy. He left and not even 2 minutes later our main course was out. Mains arrives at 7:02, and the ship pushed away at 7:07.

20170429_190143_zpsjgadpns1.jpg

DW Meat Lasagna she said it was very good.

20170429_190312_zpsdnayalhh.jpg

My Sirloin Steak with peppercorn sauce cooked medium and was very tender and delicious.

Edited by hockeyguru32

We always choose Your Time Dining on ALL our cruises but we didn't get to do that option on MSC as it seems to be a loyalty reward.

Following your review with interest. I'd just like to point out, though, that MyChoice dining isn't a loyalty reward. It depends on the 'Experience' level you book and the class of ship. E.g. Fantastica balcony only on Lirica class ships entitles you to MyChoice (Flexi dining for Fantastica on Meraviglia class ships ) but you have to book Aurea level on all other class ships to qualify for MyChoice.

Following your review with interest. I'd just like to point out, though, that MyChoice dining isn't a loyalty reward. It depends on the 'Experience' level you book and the class of ship. E.g. Fantastica balcony only on Lirica class ships entitles you to MyChoice (Flexi dining for Fantastica on Meraviglia class ships ) but you have to book Aurea level on all other class ships to qualify for MyChoice.

Bea welcome to the review and thank you for clarifying, we had Fantastica experience so that would explain why we didn't have My Choice.