How busy is it in November?

Hey. Going on my first cruise around the Caribbean next year in November and was just wondering how busy it normally is during this time? and if so who is the demographic? Basically I want to know if it'll be swamped with kids haha

Thanks

Hey. Going on my first cruise around the Caribbean next year in November and was just wondering how busy it normally is during this time? and if so who is the demographic? Basically I want to know if it'll be swamped with kids haha

Thanks

We went Veterans Day time period last year and it was nice. Some kids, not many.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If it's the week of Thanksgiving, there will be a higher percentage of children.

I'm doing a back to back, first departing on the 10th-18th and second 18th-25th

So are children off for a week during thanksgiving time?

Some schools are off that entire week and some just Wed-Fri. However many families may elect to take them out the entire week. I don't think it would be as crowded as the weeks around Christmas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your second cruise will most likely have a lot of kids on board since many schools have the entire week of Thanksgiving off. We always cruise on the Oasis or Allure the weekend after Thanksgiving. Whenever we attend the Captains' talk, he invariably says that there were as many as 1100 kids on board during Thanksgiving week. He always says that the crew enjoys our cruise because there are far less kids and a little less work plus the passengers are more mellow. That always gets a big laugh.

You don't say which ship you'll be on so if it's a smaller ship, you may notice the kids more than if you are on a larger ship. Maybe others will chime in with their experiences. At any rate, don't sweat it. Go and enjoy a B2B. Color me jealous!

Your second cruise will most likely have a lot of kids on board since many schools have the entire week of Thanksgiving off. We always cruise on the Oasis or Allure the weekend after Thanksgiving. Whenever we attend the Captains' talk, he invariably says that there were as many as 1100 kids on board during Thanksgiving week. He always says that the crew enjoys our cruise because there are far less kids and a little less work plus the passengers are more mellow. That always gets a big laugh.

You don't say which ship you'll be on so if it's a smaller ship, you may notice the kids more than if you are on a larger ship. Maybe others will chime in with their experiences. At any rate, don't sweat it. Go and enjoy a B2B. Color me jealous!

I'm on the Harmony of the seas, which i've been told is a pretty big ship so hopefully i wont notice as much. The problem is that i wanna play on all the activities like the water slides, flowrider and climbing wall which all attract the kids so they'll be inavoidable lol :(

We cruise week after Thanksgiving and normally very few children , do this time almost every year, if we want to do Thanksgiving week then we avoid cruise and book a Sandals which is adults only

We have cruised several time in Thanksgiving on ships smaller than Harmony. It's not at all crowed with kids. Just make sure you get your fill of all the activities on the non holiday week. Enjoy Thanksgiving is one of our favorite times of year to be in a cruise. The decorations for the holidays all go up on Friday after Thanksgiving and it makes the ship feel so festive!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We would cruise over Thanksgiving on the Grandeur until they changed from a 10 day cruise to a 7 or 8 day cruise. The last time we did the Thanksgiving week there were 650 kids onboard. We had a good time as most of the kids were well behaved. Of course the kids club is not equipped to handle that many kids. We normally now cruise the week after Thanksgiving unless it is a 10 day or longer cruise. This year the cruise over Thanksgiving is a 12 night. Enjoy your cruise.

We would cruise over Thanksgiving on the Grandeur until they changed from a 10 day cruise to a 7 or 8 day cruise. The last time we did the Thanksgiving week there were 650 kids onboard. We had a good time as most of the kids were well behaved. Of course the kids club is not equipped to handle that many kids. We normally now cruise the week after Thanksgiving unless it is a 10 day or longer cruise. This year the cruise over Thanksgiving is a 12 night. Enjoy your cruise.

We are cruising on a 9 day the week after Thanksgiving because the Veterans Day week initially was only a 7 day (that's changed now). I was not excited about the week after Thanksgiving, but would love to hear why you like it so I can get more excited about it!!! [emoji51]

When we first started cruising many, many years ago, we usually cruised the first or second week of November. We found it to be much cheaper because it was right after hurricane season and pre-high season. (It was also over our daughter's birthday.)

Not sure if this is still true since we now cruise every chance we get at any time of the year.

I'm doing a back to back, first departing on the 10th-18th and second 18th-25th

So are children off for a week during thanksgiving time?

New Jersey schools are off the first Thursday & Friday of November, which happens to also have Election Day during the same week, so cruises that week and sometimes the week after tend to be busy if you are leaving from up here (Bayonne, New York, Baltimore.)

I think Ohio also has the same days off. Stay away from WDW the first week of November too, haha.

New Jersey schools are off the first Thursday & Friday of November, which happens to also have Election Day during the same week, so cruises that week and sometimes the week after tend to be busy if you are leaving from up here (Bayonne, New York, Baltimore.)

I think Ohio also has the same days off. Stay away from WDW the first week of November too, haha.

Is 'WDW' Walt Disney World? Ah poop, that's exactly when we were planning on going to Disney.

Plan is fly to Orlando on the 4/5th do Disney and Universal then rent a mustang and drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the cruise on the 10th.

So your telling me I'm going to have to fight my way to the front of the lines through a sea of children :( bad times.

Edit: doing some research and fortunatly this website claims otherwise about when to go to Disney. https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/best-time-to-visit-disney-world/

Although i appreciate your contribution i also hope you are wrong in the nicest possible way

Edited by Super-Luke88

Is 'WDW' Walt Disney World? Ah poop, that's exactly when we were planning on going to Disney.

Plan is fly to Orlando on the 4/5th do Disney and Universal then rent a mustang and drive down to Fort Lauderdale for the cruise on the 10th.

So your telling me I'm going to have to fight my way to the front of the lines through a sea of children :( bad times.

Edit: doing some research and fortunatly this website claims otherwise about when to go to Disney. https://www.undercovertourist.com/blog/best-time-to-visit-disney-world/

Although i appreciate your contribution i also hope you are wrong in the nicest possible way

Well, as a family of four that goes away every year for that week, I wish I could say I was wrong. We've spent many a trip in WDW and many a trip cruising. Don't leave out of Bayonne that week. New Jersey empties out the first week in November. WDW is normally slow that time of year, so with the added NJ and OH folks, in addition to the Europeans that we always seemed to encounter, it's still slower than summer months.

Well, as a family of four that goes away every year for that week, I wish I could say I was wrong. We've spent many a trip in WDW and many a trip cruising. Don't leave out of Bayonne that week. New Jersey empties out the first week in November. WDW is normally slow that time of year, so with the added NJ and OH folks, in addition to the Europeans that we always seemed to encounter, it's still slower than summer months.

I know i'm venturing away from cruise talk now but how long would you say the average wait time is in the first week of november at Disney and Universal?

I know i'm venturing away from cruise talk now but how long would you say the average wait time is in the first week of november at Disney and Universal?

That's really tough to say. Depends on the amount of new attractions; people tend to flock to those so they will have long waits. Definitely Fast Pass when you can. The older rides will be shortest.

Never been to Universal myself, we always did Disney. We had season passes when the kids were young,would go down a couple times a year for a couple weeks at a time. As they got older, we'd switch to more cruising than Disney, last trip there was three years ago; cruised one week and stayed in WDW for one week. Cruised twice since then but no Disney. Gets harder when they get to high school.

Thanks

If you are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, be aware that the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show is the first weekend in November. Hotel rooms could be scarce and as such, expensive.

If you are sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale, be aware that the Ft. Lauderdale Boat Show is the first weekend in November. Hotel rooms could be scarce and as such, expensive.

I am departing from Ft. Lauderdale, however we are staying in Orlando until the day of departure and driving down in the early morning. Thanks for the heads up though. Is that 2018? Or 2017?

I am departing from Ft. Lauderdale, however we are staying in Orlando until the day of departure and driving down in the early morning. Thanks for the heads up though. Is that 2018? Or 2017?

It's a big annual event.....Sounds like you'll be able to avoid it.....

We are cruising on a 9 day the week after Thanksgiving because the Veterans Day week initially was only a 7 day (that's changed now). I was not excited about the week after , but would love to hear why you like it so I can get more excited about it!!! [emoji51]

We like to cruise at this time on the longer cruises as there are fewer kids, it is our anniversary. The weather is usually good in the Caribbean. This cruise is used to relax before all the hustle bustle of the holiday season. It also gets me motivated to get our shopping done before we leave. It is nice to see the ship as they are decorated for Christmas starting the day after Thanksgiving. Hurricane season is almost over at this time.

If it's the week of Thanksgiving, there will be a higher percentage of children.

We were on 11 day Thanksgiving cruise and had very few school age kids on board. I think we counted 6 total kids regardless of age. Could have been more but that is all we saw.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were on 11 day Thanksgiving cruise and had very few school age kids on board. I think we counted 6 total kids regardless of age. Could have been more but that is all we saw.

Length of cruise.