Dining on the Anthem

Could someone please explain dining on the Anthem? I looked on the website but it was confusing. Is there a main dining room, in the traditional sense? Do they do both early and late seating along with anytime? Which options are free and which pay? I gifted a cruise on this ship to someone and would like to explain it to them. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

Now, it is the same concept as every other ship in the fleet. You pick traditional dining or My Time Dining.

Unlike the rest of the fleet, there isn't one large MDR. Instead there are two smaller dining rooms on Deck 3, which they use for traditional dining - so if this is your choice, you would be assigned a table in one of these rooms for the duration of the cruise. There are also two smaller dining rooms on Deck 4 which are used for My Time Dining. (On our sailing, 1/2 hour after traditional dining began, the remaining empty tables on the 3rd deck were filled in with people waiting on the MTD line, so if you are late for traditional dinner, your table might be given away).

These dining rooms have different decor, but the menus and the suggested dress is the same, so it really doesn't matter which one you eat in. Just like the rest of the fleet, the menu changes every night. The second night is the formal night, and on cruises longer than 5 days, there will be another formal night later on in the cruise.

Besides the dining rooms and Windjammer, there are a few other included places to get food, such as Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade, Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro. As well, there are a few specialty restaurants if you wish to pay extra for a meal.

Can someone list out all the complimentary food places on Anthem? TIA!

From last post:

"Besides the dining rooms and Windjammer, there are a few other included places to get food, such as Sorrentos, Cafe Promenade, Cafe 270, Solarium Bistro. "

Also the Seaplex Dog House.

Can someone list out all the complimentary food places on Anthem? TIA!

Complimentary Dinner Restaurants

Traditional Main Dining Room 6pm or 8:30pm Set Dining Times

It will state your dining venue and dining time on your seapass card (Room Key)

The Grande - Deck 3

Chic - Deck 3

Main Dining Room - MY Time Dining- Go anytime between 5:30pm-9pm

You must be signed up for My Time Dining in order to eat here. If you are not, you will be assigned Traditional Set Dining times as stated above.

American Icon Grill - Deck 4

Silk - Deck 4

All Day Buffet

Windjammer Marketplace - Deck 14 - Buffet for Breakfast Lunch Dinner

Solarium Bistro - Deck 14 Breakfast and Lunch Buffet, Dinner - Waiter Service

Complimentary Snack Venues

SeaPlex Dog House - Deck 15 - Hot Dogs and Sausages

Cafe Promenade - Deck 4- Sandwiches/ Coffee

Cafe 270- Deck 5/6- Breakfast and Lunch- Salad Bar, Sandwiches, Desserts

Sorrento’s - Deck 4 - Pizza

Could someone please explain dining on the Anthem? I looked on the website but it was confusing. Is there a main dining room, in the traditional sense? Do they do both early and late seating along with anytime? Which options

are free and which pay? I gifted a cruise on this ship to someone and would like to explain it to them. Thank you for taking the time to answer.

For A Fee Restaurants

Michael’s Genuine Pub - Deck 4

Wonderland Imaginative Cuisine - Deck 5

Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver - Deck 5

Chops Grille - Deck 5

Izumi Japanese Cuisine - Deck 5

Chef’s Table - Deck 5

Johnny Rockets - Deck 14

great summary. glad to see bistro open all day

i thought i heard bfast and lunch were in MDR on sea days?

Yes on Sea Days Breakfast and Lunch are served in the Main Dining Room- American Icon.

great summary. glad to see bistro open all day

i thought i heard bfast and lunch were in MDR on sea days?

Unless it has changed very recently, Solarium Bistro is not open all day. It is usually open at 9am until 1:30pm for brunch. It reopens at 5:30pm until 9 pm for dinner.

Yes on Sea Days Breakfast and Lunch are served in the Main Dining Room- American Icon.

On our February sailing, breakfast and lunch were offered in The Grande.

When did you sail Anthem? Times and locations seem very different from those we experienced.

On our February sailing, breakfast and lunch were offered in The Grande.

When did you sail Anthem? Times and locations seem very different from those we experienced.

I sailed the Anthem February 2016. Unfortunately that was the Hurricane Cruise to nowhere where we sat in those awful conditions for hours. Not sure if the times and venues may have been adjusted due to damages in the galleys. But also it was a year from when you sailed, so maybe the hotel director/ F&B senior officers changed operations times and venues

I sailed the Anthem February 2016. Unfortunately that was the Hurricane Cruise to nowhere where we sat in those awful conditions for hours. Not sure if the times and venues may have been adjusted due to damages in the galleys. But also it was a year from when you sailed, so maybe the hotel director/ F&B senior officers changed operations times and venues

We sailed September 2016, also dodging a hurricane turned tropical storm, We sailed last week of February 2017 with much better weather, though very cold in Bayonne.

I have the September compasses somewhere but am reading times from the February 2017 compasses.

• 2 months later...
Does anyone know if the buffet on Anthem has Late Evening Hours (such as 10-11 pm) with limited food stations / snack stations opened or does it actually shuts down after 9 pm? Thank You.

Generally it does not stay open after around 9:00. Having said that, on our 12 nighter last year, we discovered a small portion open with some snacks closer to 11:00.