Perth to esperance tomorrow 12th may - now perth to busselton

Due to bad weather coming on down south - we have a changed itinerary: still - a cruise is a cruise ;p:p:D Notification this evening from P& O:

Our marine experts have advised that a severe low pressure weather system is approaching Cape Leeuwin from the south west. This powerful weather system is forecast to be accompanied by gale force winds and heavy seas with big swells possibly in excess of seven metres.

Such an adverse weather forecast has prompted us to consider the likely impact on your four day Sea Break cruise holiday to Esperance.

Based on this current Forecast, our return journey from Esperance on Sunday would likely be uncomfortable as the ship would be required to transit through the severe weather for an extended period. This would result in a late return to Fremantle on Tuesday, with the ship having to slow down considerably to maximise onboard comfort.

While Pacific Eden could safely handle the expected conditions, we are concerned at the impact of such an uncomfortable passage on your cruise experience.

In the circumstances, we think a change of plans is necessary to give you the best opportunity to enjoy Pacific Eden’s many attractions including her dining and entertainment features.

To achieve this and avoid the forecast severe weather, our plan is for Pacific Eden to instead sail to Busselton and spend Saturday there with the prospect of pleasant sheltered conditions. We would then have you back to Fremantle as scheduled on Tuesday morning.

Edited by dizzy1948
To correct spacing that P&O didn't !!!!!! what's spell check???????????????

7mtr seas do not sound pleasant so forewarned is forearmed! You'll have a better experience all round because of this decision.

Have a wonderful relaxing time.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

7mtr seas do not sound pleasant so forewarned is forearmed! You'll have a better experience all round because of this decision.

Have a wonderful relaxing time.

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

They know that people being confined to the cabin doesn't do anyone any good, no fun for the guests and no revenue for the cruise line.

Due to bad weather coming on down south - we have a changed itinerary: still - a cruise is a cruise ;p:p:D Notification this evening from P& O:

Our marine experts have advised that a severe low pressure weather system is approaching Cape Leeuwin from the south west. This powerful weather system is forecast to be accompanied by gale force winds and heavy seas with big swells possibly in excess of seven metres.

Such an adverse weather forecast has prompted us to consider the likely impact on your four day Sea Break cruise holiday to Esperance.

Based on this current Forecast, our return journey from Esperance on Sunday would likely be uncomfortable as the ship would be required to transit through the severe weather for an extended period. This would result in a late return to Fremantle on Tuesday, with the ship having to slow down considerably to maximise onboard comfort.

While Pacific Eden could safely handle the expected conditions, we are concerned at the impact of such an uncomfortable passage on your cruise experience.

In the circumstances, we think a change of plans is necessary to give you the best opportunity to enjoy Pacific Eden’s many attractions including her dining and entertainment features.

To achieve this and avoid the forecast severe weather, our plan is for Pacific Eden to instead sail to Busselton and spend Saturday there with the prospect of pleasant sheltered conditions. We would then have you back to Fremantle as scheduled on Tuesday morning.

Doesn't seem to compare with this from BOM. Only 2m-3m seas unless I've read it wrong.

http://www.bom.gov.au/wa/forecasts/leeuwin-coast.shtml

Marine forecast maps are showing some 5-6+ metre seas in that area on Sunday.

If the ship is in Busselton today I expect it will cruise north of Perth for the next couple of days to avoid the rough seas.

Marine forecast maps are showing some 5-6+ metre seas in that area on Sunday.

If the ship is in Busselton today I expect it will cruise north of Perth for the next couple of days to avoid the rough seas.

I suspect you are correct, they will try and find good weather and if that means going north, they will.

We were in Esperance a couple of years ago on the Celebrity Solstice. It is a tender port and due to the sea cutting up tender operations had to be curtailed with several hundred passengers and several tender boats ashore. Apparently there is only one large boat in the area capable of transporting large numbers of passengers through rough sea conditions. During the day we were there it was being used on another task and to cut a long story short it was almost midnight before all the passengers were brought back on board. The shore boat a large catamaran had to power bow onto the ship to get the passengers on board. It made great viewing from the stern of the solstice but not a very pleasant experience for the passengers. The only saving grace was that the ship picked up the tab for the restaurant and bar in the yacht club. As a consequence Esperance is no longer on the Celebrity itinerary. The Captain of the Eden made the correct decision.

• 3 months later...
As a consequence Esperance is no longer on the Celebrity itinerary. The Captain of the Eden made the correct decision.

It's back on the schedule for February 2019. I wonder if it will stay. It's one of the deciding ports for me to be honest over another itinerary.