Excursion prices

5waldos

Are you saying that OBC originally for shore excursions only can be used now for anything??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going to ask the same as it is not my experience. Also if you have a more package which gave extra Land Discoveries credit and are in a suite there is virtually nothing you can use the money for.

I still feel it is unfair these price increases and in my view they should be suspended until such time as guests can use OBC to book at the time they want to and not be boxed into having to accept the price prevailing on the day they board the ship. Once they fix the OBC issue, ok let supply and demand rule if you must but at present guests are penalised through not fault of their own and this is something I would not have expected Azamara to do.

I was going to ask the same as it is not my experience. Also if you have a more package which gave extra Land Discoveries credit and are in a suite there is virtually nothing you can use the money for.

I still feel it is unfair these price increases and in my view they should be suspended until such time as guests can use OBC to book at the time they want to and not be boxed into having to accept the price prevailing on the day they board the ship. Once they fix the OBC issue, ok let supply and demand rule if you must but at present guests are penalised through not fault of their own and this is something I would not have expected Azamara to do.

I certainly agree with you. I hope Azamara does too...

Edited by travelberlin

We're new to Azamara, and knowing they increase the price of excursions onboard leaves quite a negative impression. Just because they CAN do something, doesn't mean they should.

I totally agree with you. I can understand that they would charge more onboard for those that have not prebooked in order to cancel and use their OBC once onboard, but we should not be penalised for using our OBC

I totally agree with you. I can understand that they would charge more onboard for those that have not prebooked in order to cancel and use their OBC once onboard, but we should not be penalised for using our OBC

I cannot understand that either. Until just very recently they did not actually allow prebooking and canceling and guaranteeing your spot. You had to wait until onboard to use your OBC. Now as an interim fix they will guarantee your spot but not your price.

I can imagine situations where a change in price might be necessary but not many. It seems obvious that Azamara uses this as a way to increase profit. I do hope that they correct this when they allow you to use OBC in advance. I still don't understand why they charge in advance anyway- other lines I have sailed on allow you to reserve your excursion in advance, change as you wish, and then the charges are put on your onboard account. Excursion cancelled? No charge. OBC used first, remainder put on associate credit card. Do any other lines require pre-paid excursions?

Edited by 5waldos

I still don't understand why they charge in advance anyway- other lines I have sailed on allow you to reserve your excursion in advance, change as you wish, and then the charges are put on your onboard account. Excursion cancelled? No charge. OBC used first, remainder put on associate credit card. Do any other lines require pre-paid excursions?

In other discussions about this, I think the point has been made that there may be a lack of commitment to excursions if there is no requirement for initial payment and thus considerable shuffling of choices on board. Indeed, it has also interested me that so many cruisers do not make reservations until they actually board.

In my experience Celebrity also asks for a pre-payment.

It should be a major improvement once the capability of using OBC on the website has been instituted.