Camelbaks

locashaina

Hi there,

I will be going on my first NCL cruise in August. Normally while at theme parks I usually fill my Camelbak with ice and water to last me the day. I know there are stations I could fill it onboard but my question is bringing it back on. In my research I have read that you cannot bring water back on the ship. Will I have to dump my water out of my Camelbak before getting back on the ship?

Thanks for help in advance!

Technically yes, but we used refillable water bottles on our excursions ( a sturdy hard plastic type that you would take camping) and we didn't have to empty them upon returning to the ship (Epic). So maybe it depends on the person doing the x-ray.

Probably yes. But there have been a few occasions, including recently, where the answer was no. And it usually involved weather.

One time storms were coming and we were processed through xray at breakneck speeds. There was a family behind us who had bought a lot of liquor in Port, expecting to have to have it checked until the end of the cruise… But guess what they just sent everybody through and they got to the elevator with their stuff and they yelled "party at our place!"

On my February 24, 2017 cruise when the captain called all of us back from GSC they processed everybody through as quickly as possible and people were coming back on with water with no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you all! I just want to know so I can dump ahead of time and not hold up any lines. :D

Typically, they want you to empty it to show that you didn't fill it with vodka, or other adult beverage.

Is it easy to fill water bottles on the ship? Not from bathroom sinks, hopefully...

All of the water onboard is from the same source, so bathroom sink water is the same as from the beverage dispensers. The only difference is that the beverage dispensers, bar guns, ice makers, and water dispensers in the wait stations of the restaurants have a carbon filter to remove the chlorine (for maintenance reasons, not taste).

When refilling a water bottle at a dispenser like the buffet, if the dispenser is one where you have to push a button to dispense, you can fill your water bottle directly. If it is the type where you use the glass/water bottle to depress a bar to dispense, you cannot refill your bottle directly. Take a clean glass from the rack, fill that from the dispenser, and then pour from the glass into your bottle. If you don't touch the glass to the water bottle, you can then reuse the glass again as many times as needed to fill your bottle or camelbak.

The water dispensers in the buffet have a picture of a water bottle with a red circle and a slash through it. In other words, don't fill your water bottle from the dispenser. It holds up the line.

Nothing wrong with bathroom sink water. That's what we used for our water bottles. As another poster said, it all comes from the same source.

The water dispensers in the buffet have a picture of a water bottle with a red circle and a slash through it. In other words, don't fill your water bottle from the dispenser. It holds up the line.

Nothing wrong with bathroom sink water. That's what we used for our water bottles. As another poster said, it all comes from the same source.

I believe the bottle with a red circle means don't fill it directly from the dispenser. Nothing wrong with filling a glass and filling your water bottle with the glass. If someone doesn't want to wait for someone to fill up their water bottle, they can move on to the next beverage station.

Thanks! I like the extra filter you get from the beverage/pop dispensers - I grew up on well water, so no chlorine!

For whatever reason, more of a faucet cleanliness thing or something, I didn't want to fill it in the bathroom. Weird, I know. We all have our quirks. Plus I like my water cold.

We're buying a few bottles of water through NCL to have in our room (to drink and for my nasal rinse). I'm assuming having the mini-bar emptied out so we can use the fridge won't be an issue?