Drinks only from a Specialty Restaurant?

babynurse06

Hi everyone! I feel like I should know this after 10+ NCL cruises...but I don't. My absolute favorite drink on any NCL ship is the Wasabi martini. I usually have, well, a LOT of them over the course of a week. Sadly, there's no Wasabi on Escape...and as excited as I am about my trip, and about trying Escape for the first time, the lack of those martinis is actually really sad. I know. First world problems. Turns out that they have them at Tepanyaki!!! So my trip is saved! Problem is, I actually really dislike Tepanyaki as I can get better hibachi...basically anywhere. So, any way to just get those martinis from Tepanyaki? Do they have a bar like La Cucina? It's been so long since I went to Tepanyaki I really don't remember. I'll totally eat there if I have to, but I'd rather not :') Thanks!

If you are in The Haven the lounge there WILL get everything they need and have them for you there. iF you are not in The Haven casofilia is correct. The F&B Manager will work with you. Usually at a specific bar or lounge.

figure out what bar services Teppanyaki. it will usually be the one closest to the restaurant. if you ask for it at that bar, they will make it for you. other bars and tenders may know how to make it, but the wasabi may not be stocked at every bar.

while your butler can get it for you, you'll pay for it even if you have the UBP.

You should be able to get that at any bar located near that restaurant, and probably at any bar on the ship. There is no need to involve management in tracking down a drink. That seems to be everyone's solution to things that are not really problems, but are in fact wants.

Edited by zqvol

There is no reason to escalate this to the F & B manager. Simply ask the hostess which bar makes the drinks for that restaurant. Head there, and order the drink.

Would agree. Escalating and involving upper mgmt seems to be the direction too many people go these days. There has to be a bar at or near that restaurant that makes those drinks. Start there.

Thanks everyone. Great suggestions. I would never bother the f & b manager just to get a drink. And I'm still debating moving to the Haven instead of my spa mini suite, so I'm sure if that's what I end up doing the Haven lounge will work out perfectly. Maybe just more incentive to upgrade! I just couldn't remember where Tepanyaki's drinks come from. Hopefully it's a bar outside, but close to the restaurant. The ingredients are odd, so I figured the chances of just picking one up anywhere were slim.

Would agree. Escalating and involving upper mgmt seems to be the direction too many people go these days. There has to be a bar at or near that restaurant that makes those drinks. Start there.
I agree, just because the officers are available, doesn't mean that we should go to them directly with trivial items. I read a post from a poster who actually asked the Captain for expedited tender tickets.:eek:

I disagree, my family and I were on the epic and I had heard of a specific drink and wanted to try it, (it was on cruise critic post that listed drinks to try). First time I asked for it waiter brought thedrinks for us, the next time a different day the bar man at the bar refused to make it for me. In fact we wanted 4, one for each of us. We challenged and he still refused, he told us outright we could only have drinks that were listed on the drinks menu. I spotted the waiter who served us previous, this waiter said he would get them for us from another bar, and he did. And I later made management aware of the incident, both the good and the bad members of staff.

We were haven passengers by the way, but that should make no difference. So can you only get drinks that are listed on the menu?

I disagree, my family and I were on the epic and I had heard of a specific drink and wanted to try it, (it was on cruise critic post that listed drinks to try). First time I asked for it waiter brought thedrinks for us, the next time a different day the bar man at the bar refused to make it for me. In fact we wanted 4, one for each of us. We challenged and he still refused, he told us outright we could only have drinks that were listed on the drinks menu. I spotted the waiter who served us previous, this waiter said he would get them for us from another bar, and he did. And I later made management aware of the incident, both the good and the bad members of staff.

We were haven passengers by the way, but that should make no difference. So can you only get drinks that are listed on the menu?

You have one example of not being able to get it, and 2 examples of being able to get it. I'd say one single experience certainly doesn't mean it's not easy. I've been told no sometimes when a specific bar doesn't have specific ingredients, which obviously does happen. For instance, you aren't going to get the jalapeno cucumber mojito at the Spice H2O bar, but need to go to Sugarcane. But provided the ingredients are there, they've always made me whatever I want. Sounds like other than 1 time, the same has happened for you.

figure out what bar services Teppanyaki. it will usually be the one closest to the restaurant. if you ask for it at that bar, they will make it for you. other bars and tenders may know how to make it, but the wasabi may not be stocked at every bar.
In case anyone's worried, they don't actually put wasabi in the wasabi cocktail (thankfully) ;) It's not even green.

Wasabi Cocktail - Sake, Lychee Liqueur, Lemon Juice, Orange Juice and Grenadine served chilled, straight up

But your point is still valid: the sake and lychee liqueur are probably not available at other bars.