Dining choice for lunch on embarkation day

elruth

Haven't been on Carnival for a few years so I forget what the options are for lunch on embarkation day. Do they ( like NCL ) have a dining room open for lunch or is it strictly only the buffet or Guy's Burgers?

It's usually everything except the main dining rooms. Not all ships have the Guy's burgers. Some have the deli sandwiches, all have pizza, some have BBQ, some have fish. It just depends on which ship you are on as to what is available.

Haven't been on Carnival for a few years so I forget what the options are for lunch on embarkation day. Do they ( like NCL ) have a dining room open for lunch or is it strictly only the buffet or Guy's Burgers?

Just a tip: On Embarkation Day, the two places I've found that have the shortest lines are the Deli and the Pizza Pirate. Also, if the ship you're cruising on has the Pig & Anchor BBQ place, Embarkation Day is your best bet to give it a try. The line won't be as long as it is on a regular at-sea day.

Also, if the ship you're cruising on has the Pig & Anchor BBQ place, Embarkation Day is your best bet to give it a try. The line won't be as long as it is on a regular at-sea day.

when i was on the vista last year, the Pig & Anchor was closed on embarkation day and it was also closed whenever the ship was docked in port. It was only open on sea days during the afternoon from like 1130 to 2ish.

Pig N Anchor (on the Magic, Breeze, and Vista only) is NOT open on embarkation day. Only open sea days.

The Old Fashioned BBQ, that is now on some ships IS open. But it isn't on all ships yet.

Italian restaurant is also only on Magic, Breeze, Dream, and Vista.... but it is free at lunches, and open every day...menu is only pasta bowls made to order. Not the dinner menu.

Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana burrito and taco, Mongolian Wok... on most ships now and open daily for lunch.

Seafood Shack is now on some ships... it is not free.

All ships have the Deli. Sandwiches made to order. Now has hotdogs too.

Some ships have the Tandoor Indian food at lunch, but it is only on a few ships.

To find out what your ship has .... go on the Carnival website, click on Explore -Ships - your ship. Go to restaurants. Its all there.

Pig N Anchor (on the Magic, Breeze, and Vista only) is NOT open on embarkation day. Only open sea days.

The Old Fashioned BBQ, that is now on some ships IS open. But it isn't on all ships yet.

Italian restaurant is also only on Magic, Breeze, Dream, and Vista.... but it is free at lunches, and open every day...menu is only pasta bowls made to order. Not the dinner menu.

Guy's Burgers, Blue Iguana burrito and taco, Mongolian Wok... on most ships now and open daily for lunch.

Some ships have the Tandoor Indian food at lunch, but it is only on a few ships.

To find out what your ship has .... go on the Carnival website, click on Explore -Ships - your ship. Go to restaurants. Its all there.[/quot

The Italian restaurant offers more than pasta bowls at lunch. Lasagna for sure and some large salads and bread IIRC. The lasagna is very good.

The Italian restaurant offers more than pasta bowls at lunch. Lasagna for sure and some large salads and bread IIRC. The lasagna is very good.

Yes, there is a caesar salad, and breadsticks, as well as lasagna.

Here is the full menu card that you fill out. My point was that it is NOT the dinner menu.

https://www.carnival.com/~/media/Images/explore/dining/menus/captains-pasta-bar-menu.pdf

To find out what your ship has .... go on the Carnival website, click on Explore -Ships - your ship. Go to restaurants. Its all there.

Well, we were on the Vista last month (Apr. 8th - 16th), and the Pig & Anchor WAS open on Embarkation Day, and that's where we and a whole bunch of other people ate lunch. I know their hours are limited. I think they're only open 12:00 - 2:30. Maybe you went there after they had closed?

Just a tip: On Embarkation Day, the two places I've found that have the shortest lines are the Deli and the Pizza Pirate. Also, if the ship you're cruising on has the Pig & Anchor BBQ place, Embarkation Day is your best bet to give it a try. The line won't be as long as it is on a regular at-sea day.

That is a good tip! I am going to keep that in mind!

Well, we were on the Vista last month (Apr. 8th - 16th), and the Pig & Anchor WAS open on Embarkation Day, and that's where we and a whole bunch of other people ate lunch. I know their hours are limited. I think they're only open 12:00 - 2:30. Maybe you went there after they had closed?

Nope, we were on the Magic in March and they said it could not open on Embarkation day, in port, per restrictions of open fire/smoker.

Portions are huge. Ask for 1/2 portion or share.

I couldn't finish my bowl, but not because it was so big. This Bronx born Italian couldn't stand the overly sweet sauce (not gravy) that they used. I had lunch and dinner at the Italian place twice each on 2 different ships, the Magic and the Vista, and thought I was in the Olive Garden or worse even. The dinner antipasto is the only item I thought worth ordering.

I do wish that Carnival had a place like NCL's O'Sheehans open on embarkation day. They had decent bar food like ribs, chcken and burgers in a sit down setting.

Nope, we were on the Magic in March and they said it could not open on Embarkation day, in port, per restrictions of open fire/smoker.

Open fire? On a cruise ship?!? Sounds like someone was giving you a line of B.S.

Do you know how a smoker works? That is the point of the Guys Pig N Anchor being outdoors on Deck 5.

I can't imagine Carnival (or any cruise ship) having a cooking device that uses open flames. I'm betting the Pig & Anchor uses an electric smoker, since it can smoke the meat without using open flames. The reason the Pig & Anchor is outdoors is because even an electric smoker can only be used outdoors, for proper ventilation. Still curious as to why the Pig & Anchor was not open on the Magic on Embarkation Day, but it was on the Vista. Since Miami is currently the home port for both ships, I doubt that the Port Authority placed the restriction. There has to be another reason. Oh well........

Magic is out of Canaveral.

Last August Pig & Anchor was CLOSED on embarkation day.

Oops! My mistake. I thought the Magic was out of Miami. Well then, maybe the Port Authority there has different regulations than they do in Miami. So, I guess if it's important to eat at the Pig & Anchor on Embarkation Day, you'll have to book a cruise on the Vista while it's home port is Miami.

Magic is out of Canaveral.
For now, yes. Apparently, Magic disembarks in Port Canaveral on September 29, 2018 for the last time and then starts embarking from Miami on September 30, 2018.

To find out what your ship has .... go on the Carnival website, click on Explore -Ships - your ship. Go to restaurants. Its all there.[/quot