Just booked our turning Platinum cruise

hlb76

We will turn Platinum on our next cruise which is sadly 291 days away. Just wanting to ask a few questions.

Will we still get perks from day one vs the day we actually become Platinum?

Is there any benefit to still booking FTTF? I swear I've read posts where they say it's still a better deal to get it.

Laundry says we get 2 bags per our cruise length. Is that per person? 3 of us will turn at once. Then anything I need to know about having them do my wash? I usually use the self serve on our cruise.

Any other feedback or tips for a newly Platinum VIFP?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

Yes you get the perks from day 1 (you may want to confirm your status before you cruise). There is zero need to book FTTF.Yes, the laundry is per platinum cruiser, example of you and your spouse are both plat you both get the full benefit. When you put laundry in the bag and fill out form write platinum across the form. Enjoy the benefits....

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks everyone. I will cancel our FTTF then. I'm not sure where I read it but I know I did a while back ( could be years ago) that many still got FTTF as they had a few extra perks. What I like most is the priority on and off ship and tendering! Sure my new Plat status will be loved more than FTTF.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I too am turning platinum on my next cruise which is in September. This only took 40 years to get to platinum so needless to say I am very excited! Look at your documents on line and it should say Priority on them. If they don't then you might want to call and ask about it. The main perk I am looking forward to is getting to my cabin early and dropping off the carry on luggage and then eating lunch.

Once you are platinum, FTTF doesn't give you anything extra. In other words, FTTF is useless to Platinum $ Diamond cruisers. Look at "manage your VIFP" on Carnival's web site for a listing of all the Platinum perks. Enjoy the perks and congratulations!

Been platinum for several years. Yes, getting on early is nice but priority tendering was a joke. Never used laundry on Carnival but on other lines some items were never returned! We now photo all items sent out. Wish they would give us more drink perks though.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Congratulations on becoming Platinum. We booked a cruise on the Horizon for 2019. It's an 8 day cruise. We now have 63 days cruised. That will give us ....71 days. Needless to say, we booked the Paradise for October of this year. That will make us Platinum on the Horizon. Never thought we'd make it. :o

I'm not sure where I read it but I know I did a while back ( could be years ago) that many still got FTTF as they had a few extra perks.

You might be thinking of suites. FTTF gets you more benefits than booking a suites, so sometimes people still buy FTTF if they have a suite.

Anyway, congrats on your Platinum cruise! I'm sorry you have to wait so long, but hopefully it will go by fast!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums