Starboard or Port in Bermuda on Summit

plank

One week it could be the portside, one week it could be starboard. There is no set way that the ship docks in port.

It all depends on if maintenance needs to be done on a certain side of the ship, the weather conditions and any drills the crew may have to do.

The ship is not docked in the ocean, it's more like a bay with Hamilton across on one side, and the Royal Navy Dockyard (also called Kings Wharf) on the other (this is where the ship is docked)

The Breakaway also docks here usually in front of the Summit at the pier.

On the May 7th-14th cruise the Summit had it's port side along the Great Sound with views of the Spanish Point area across the water. Starboard was along side the Royal Naval Dockyard. Forward was faced towards the America Cup area and the Aft was given a view of the Breakaway.

BUT just to note someone on our cruise that travels there 2-3 times a year on the Summit stated that some times they do dock in reverse, and it is the harbour pilot's choice.

On the May 7th-14th cruise the Summit had it's port side along the Great Sound with views of the Spanish Point area across the water. Starboard was along side the Royal Naval Dockyard. Forward was faced towards the America Cup area and the Aft was given a view of the Breakaway.

BUT just to note someone on our cruise that travels there 2-3 times a year on the Summit stated that some times they do dock in reverse, and it is the harbour pilot's choice.

We were on teh same cruise :) The ship is now facing the Breakaway - so do not pick your location based on that! It looks like it rotates as said above, for various reasons.

There is no bad view when docking in Bermuda. To get an idea what the view is looking out on the bay, take a look at the Bermuda cam. Today, the Breakaway is starboard side to the wharf while the Summit is port side to the wharf.

The best view from the cam is when there are no cruise ships at the Dockyard.

SBtS

What is your source for this information? Can you provide a link to it?

SBtS

We've sailed Summit to Bermuda several times. The Staff Captain told me when I asked the question about which side they docked. He said that it depends on the maintenance schedule. If they needed to do maintenance on the boat davits and raise and lower life rafts on the Port side, they will dock on the Starboard side.

I like the starboard side because the starboard side seems to always win every contest. Plus when using the stairs I always know what way to turn to get where I am heading. I also like having my left side facing the front of the ship and going forward when I am sitting on the balcony. Plus I also like starboard as it a odd number of letters and port is even but the cabin numbers on the starboard side are even?? 🤥

Trying to figure out what side the ship docks on is impossible but I would bet that in Bermuda it docks on the port side the most or I could be wrong and it is the Starboard. 🤔

Pick the best cabin available that you think that you would like according to deck and location on the ship that is within the price you are willing to pay.

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌞

Hi Plank~ We're on the Summit cruise with you and very familiar with Midlothian as have had friends who lived there over the years. I've been looking at various things to try to get a clue about how the ship will dock, too. Bottom line is I found photos of every configuration at different times. Have you checked out the web cam? Here's the link: http://www.portbermudawebcam.com/ Yesterday I watched the Breakaway and Summit leave port. Summit was tied up port side to Kings Wharf pier. You'll note in the upper right hand corner of that site a link to a cruise schedule. It shows all the ships coming into Bermuda with their dates, times, and location. Consistently Breakaway is at Heritage and Summit at Kings Wharf. However, for our cruise it shows Summit at both piers. Assume our nine days vs seven schedule prompts the change. I'm interpreting from the posted schedule info that we are at Kings Wharf initially, and then are being moved to Heritage some time before Norwegian Dawn's arrival around mid-day Sunday/25th. If true, not the best news for those hoping for the least obstructed view possible from our ship of the Americas Cup activities. Oh, and after all that, I'm no help on which side the ship will tie up.....but more data points just the same. Look forward to meeting you soon.

Nan

Plus I also like starboard as it a odd number of letters and port is even but the cabin numbers on the starboard side are even??

I've long wondered why the odd-numbered lifeboats are on the side with the even-numbered cabins and vice versa.

Just got off the ship this morning. We were also on the 7 May cruises. B2B on 14 May. On the 14 May cruise the port side faced the dockyard and we were nose to nose with the NCL Breakaway.