Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

Wow! Those two and three year olds seem to have fantastic parents who make extremely awesome videos but they also have a great friend of their parents.

I would love to meet your crew on a cruise someday again - I was on the same sailing of the great Harmony video, no cameo though:(.

I'm sorry to hear about the accident but very happy to hear it wasn't more serious.

As far as the Anthem goes, unless you want to chat about Adventure Ocean, the kiddie pool, the DreamWorks Character Breakfast - are you getting the gist - I really cannot offer too much from the last five days.

Since you offered . . .Is AO as good as advertised? It has gotten almost universally good reviews. We are on Navigator in Dec./Jan. and my 9-10 year old will definitely be spending some time there . . . Thanks and enjoy your next trip.

Never mind, I get it. It's a CPA thing.

A "ride-or-die chick", in the hip hop culture, is a woman willing to support her man and his illicit lifestyle despite how this might endanger or harm her.

Never mind, I get it. It's a CPA thing.

A "ride-or-die chick", in the hip hop culture, is a woman willing to support her man and his illicit lifestyle despite how this might endanger or harm her.

what does a certified public accountant have to do with this?

• 2 weeks later...
trash can!!!! Can I say I have not been happier in a very long time?!!!! Forums

From the radioactive green glow, I at first thought it was an Electric Caribbean Breeze, a drink I only found on the menu of Anthem on Bolero's when I sailed her in March. It was one of the most amazing -- and lethal -- drinks I'd ever had.

I have to say, one thing I loved about Anthem (I was a first time Royal cruiser in March, usually loyal to NCL) was the stateroom. It was beautifully appointed, the balcony was big enough to stretch out on (the tiny balconies on NCL's Breakaway are one of my biggest peeves with that ship) and I loved that if you left the bathroom door open while showering, you could look across the room and out at the ocean.

Or, as was the case when we docked in the Bahamas, at the people on the ship next to us. How lovely for them!

Richard/Tralfie

From the radioactive green glow, I at first thought it was an Electric Caribbean Breeze, a drink I only found on the menu of Anthem on Bolero's when I sailed her in March. It was one of the most amazing -- and lethal -- drinks I'd ever had.

I have to say, one thing I loved about Anthem (I was a first time Royal cruiser in March, usually loyal to NCL) was the stateroom. It was beautifully appointed, the balcony was big enough to stretch out on (the tiny balconies on NCL's Breakaway are one of my biggest peeves with that ship) and I loved that if you left the bathroom door open while showering, you could look across the room and out at the ocean.

Or, as was the case when we docked in the Bahamas, at the people on the ship next to us. How lovely for them!

Richard/Tralfie

Hahaha. I did the same. Just beware of drones. [emoji6]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The Murica group last night.

06ae3e684874024431934c21a86382a5.jpg

Clearly responding to your pre-boarding "Make Anthem Great Again" rallying cry. So much poly... how many esthers had to die for those outfits???

I will spare everyone from all the feels,

f1f2f1227e5e299e18c7cbfd1ea28107.jpg

Too late. And I mean that in the best way possible. I came to this review AFTER having read your Escape review, so obviously, it wasn't at all what I expected. Getting to the end and finding out why? It was like an O Henry story with a lovely twist. Or maybe that thing where the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day. Whether it was your heart or mine, well, that's irrelevant...

Richard/Tralfie

Too late. And I mean that in the best way possible. I came to this review AFTER having read your Escape review, so obviously, it wasn't at all what I expected. Getting to the end and finding out why? It was like an O Henry story with a lovely twist. Or maybe that thing where the Grinch's heart grew three sizes that day. Whether it was your heart or mine, well, that's irrelevant...

Richard/Tralfie

Really appreciate that! I get to visit the squad for July 4th and looking forward to it.

Really appreciate that! I get to visit the squad for July 4th and looking forward to it.

Sylvania? (Also my hometown now!). It would be so fun (and an Honor!) to have met the legendary squad!! Alas, we will be on HOS!! :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well now that Bruiser's incident is out the bag, hopefully everyone appreciates that this cruise took on a completely different dynamic from that point on. As much as I love shutting down a club or draining a gin bottle dry, the last five days provided for so many special memories that had nothing to do with adult beverages or white haired vixens prancing around a dance floor. I will spare everyone from all the feels, but just know that I walked off the Anthem this morning being ride or die for four people that will never be labeled in my book as anything other than family.

As far as the Anthem goes, unless you want to chat about Adventure Ocean, the kiddie pool, the DreamWorks Character Breakfast - are you getting the gist - I really cannot offer too much from the last five days. The list of activities not attended is much longer than the list of things we were actually able to partake in. I cannot even really tell you how Dru was as a Cruise Director, although I had him on the Anthem last year and really enjoyed him.

So again my apologies for not providing a comprehensive review of my daily activities, but that really was because most of my ship time was spent just enjoying the company of two awesome little kids and appreciating even more what truly exceptional people Mr. P and White Shorts are.

On to the Escape and bye for now!

#SquadGoals

f1f2f1227e5e299e18c7cbfd1ea28107.jpg

p.s. Captain Tax was kept safely in my cabin for the entirety of this trip. I'm sure many of you can appreciate the concern I had for him being a "toy" in the company of a two and three-year-old.

We're booked on Anthem in Feb. with 2 grandkids. Can you give me some more info on the Character Breakfast? Are tickets necessary?

We're booked on Anthem in Feb. with 2 grandkids. Can you give me some more info on the Character Breakfast? Are tickets necessary?

Yes, you can make reservations through your Cruise Planner prior to your cruise. They offered it twice on the five night Bermuda cruise, but I assume you are going on a 7 day Bahamas run in February. The price is $10 per adult and it's free for children.

Yes, you can make reservations through your Cruise Planner prior to your cruise. They offered it twice on the five night Bermuda cruise, but I assume you are going on a 7 day Bahamas run in February. The price is $10 per adult and it's free for children.

Thanks! We're on the 12 day Caribbean cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

So this is completely unrelated to cruising, but for those of you that endured through this very weird thread, I thought I would share Mr. P's latest video. It features my favorite Anthem Squad Goals members, Chase's two kids, representing the U.S. of A and is a great watch to get you in the patriotic mood for Independence Day in a few weeks.

Hey Everyone,

So this is completely unrelated to cruising, but for those of you that endured through this very weird thread, I thought I would share Mr. P's latest video. It features my favorite Anthem Squad Goals members, Chase's two kids, representing the U.S. of A and is a great watch to get you in the patriotic mood for Independence Day in a few weeks.

Fabulous! And the music used is one of my favorites - Halleluyah!

Hey Everyone,

That is absolutely beautiful!