Let’s Make Anthem Great Again – Live Thread May 20, 2017

I am treating my daughter and her family to an Anthem cruise on June 3rd. She asked me if there was a charge for plain seltzer. I've been on the ship 9 times, but don't drink seltzer. Could someone tell me if there is a charge, she is trying to decide whether to get the soda package, which I would think would include seltzer? (I also posted this on the other live review) Thanks

I believe a can of seltzer water is treated much like any other soda/carbonated beverage and would have a charge associated with it. I can confirm this shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

So we are back on the ship and on our return trip to Cape Liberty after a fun sun soaked day in Bermuda.

After our morning of cliff jumping at Admiralty House Park (about a 10 minute taxi ride from the Hamilton Ferry) we returned to the ship and grabbed a taxi over to Horseshoe Bay ($45 for the group). We spent our afternoon enjoying libations from the Beach Bum Bar, located at the entrance of Horseshoe Bay Beach. Cocktails such as Rum Swizzles and Dark N Stormies will run you $10 and a bucket of five can beers go for $30.

I didn't take really any pictures throughout the day. Cliff jumping and hanging at the beach with the three little kids didn't really afford many opportunities to break out the cameras. However, Mr. P has plenty of footage of both that will make a way into a video at some point.

White Shorts sent me this photo as proof that there is at least one female that can stand to be around me.

c7e78f9352c9c7f2b1b00dc67187b0c8.jpg

Just to give Mr. P some love too...here is a shot from yesterday of us sporting our "white night" finest.

c636a85774c0cef8eb211bf7d62ae8ce.jpg

Today was the worst weather of the trip and most everything was cancelled. So just lots of drinking and watching waves crash against windows. At this point just counting down the hours until I'm in Miami and on my way to the Caribbean.

Sorry all, but the weather just didn't make for the type of trip I had hoped for.

Today was the worst weather of the trip and most everything was cancelled. So just lots of drinking and watching waves crash against windows. At this point just counting down the hours until I'm in Miami and on my way to the Caribbean.

Sorry all, but the weather just didn't make for the type of trip I had hoped for.

Don't worry. The weather is supposed to be beautiful in the District Brewhouse.

I was wondering where the little Captain Tax fella was? Have you left him at home deputizing? he is "your" mate isn't he?

Escape and Getaway are brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked the rock shower thing in H20 on Escape - and just about everything on the Getaway!

its a shame about the weather - but what can you do!

Always fun to follow your trips Rick.

The other day I wrote that I liked the Quantum Class better than the Oasis Class.I just loved my cruise on the Anthem! simply an amazing ship. Really don't understand all the negativity about the Quantum Class. According to the captain on the Anthem -sooner or later-one will be based in Florida.

Sorry mother nature did not cooperate on your trip.

Go to Food republic, its right accrossed from district brew house........OMG so freaking good. go early on because people don't discover it at first and it is easy to get in. Open for lunch on sea days and dinner. Its not covered by any dinning plan (or wasn't last year) but worth every penny

ok I'm curious, what was the emergency that caused a pj,pizza party??

There was a section of our Cabin wall that wrapped around what is most likely a support beam. Nothing crazy, but does stick out a little. Our 2 year old's forehead unfortunately met a corner of it when entering the room on night 2. For his efforts he received a pretty good gash that immediately started bleeding. We rushed him to medical where we were met by a 'closed' sign and instructions to call a number where we were to select option 2. Once the door finally opened we were handed 2 clipboards with front and back pages to fill out before being treated by the Doctor. Fortunately the bleeding stopped at this point and once the Doc showed up, things went much smoother. He applied some glue instead of stitches and handed us off to a security officer that went over the incident and photographed the wall in question. Once we notified Rick of the situation he rushed to our cabin where he promptly began icing my son's head for the next few hours as if he were his own. Rick treated both of our kids as if they were his own for the entire cruise and was always there to offer a hand or push a stroller. We consider Rick a best friend, he acts and treats us like family. I mean this the sincerest of ways, Rick is a good dude. White Shorts and I are thankful for having met him in a March. Can't wait for our next 'Adventure'!

, Rick is a good dude. White Shorts and I are thankful for having met him in a March. Can't wait for our next 'Adventure'!

This is when we need the like button. I look forward to the day that "we" meet Rick, and chances are you and white shorts will be on the same cruise. See you all then.

Edit: my guess was Captain Tax got into trouble at the Super Hero Kids Club, and was sent home packing for the night. Joking aside I'm very happy to read that your son's incident was not as bad as it could have been. A regretfully perfect reason for a PJ party. :)

Sorry to hear of the little one's boo boo. Glad it wasn't any worse. It's greatness when you meet such special friends onboard. We had tablemates about 6 years ago and have now cruised together about 6 times and taken 2 land vacations. We consider ourselves family and vice versa. Congratulations on having the same connection!

Well now that Bruiser's incident is out the bag, hopefully everyone appreciates that this cruise took on a completely different dynamic from that point on. As much as I love shutting down a club or draining a gin bottle dry, the last five days provided for so many special memories that had nothing to do with adult beverages or white haired vixens prancing around a dance floor. I will spare everyone from all the feels, but just know that I walked off the Anthem this morning being ride or die for four people that will never be labeled in my book as anything other than family.

As far as the Anthem goes, unless you want to chat about Adventure Ocean, the kiddie pool, the DreamWorks Character Breakfast - are you getting the gist - I really cannot offer too much from the last five days. The list of activities not attended is much longer than the list of things we were actually able to partake in. I cannot even really tell you how Dru was as a Cruise Director, although I had him on the Anthem last year and really enjoyed him.

So again my apologies for not providing a comprehensive review of my daily activities, but that really was because most of my ship time was spent just enjoying the company of two awesome little kids and appreciating even more what truly exceptional people Mr. P and White Shorts are.

On to the Escape and bye for now!

#SquadGoals

f1f2f1227e5e299e18c7cbfd1ea28107.jpg

p.s. Captain Tax was kept safely in my cabin for the entirety of this trip. I'm sure many of you can appreciate the concern I had for him being a "toy" in the company of a two and three-year-old.

Edited by CruiseLifeRick

I've been reading this and enjoying Ricks antics as the ultra fun party guy on board and I can relate to being the solo friend in the group of my friends and kids. Amazing how the party life that you're used to can be tamed by great friends and their amazing little minions.

I did pause for a moment and think, "I bed Rick is now even more excited for some party shenanigans aboard the escape with TheDougOut!" That's how I feel when I leave the weekend getaways with my friends w/ kids. (No offense to the parents out there)

Happy sailing, hope we get to share in some fun stories in your next adventure :)

hopefully everyone appreciates that this cruise took on a completely different dynamic from that point on.

Everyone who has had kids knows all about this all too well :D

With kids, it is good to plan. but plan to be flexible.

Looking forward to your next review as well.

dp