Allure Boardwalk Balcony 8329

I usually book oceanview cabins but really am wondering how this boardwalk balcony will be. It is the most aft of the boardwalk balconies so I am hoping that the views will be amazing. I really wanted to book the aquatheater suite, but it is SUPER pricey . Too much for me. If anyone has stayed in this room , can you send me a link or something with photos and/or your opinion. Thanks!

We were on Oasis last month and had 9329. Views of Aqua Theatre are amazing. We loved it for all the shows as well as movies and room service. We thought the balcony was spacious. We booked same cabin for Allure April 2018. We had always been Ocean view Balcony people. We also got a view of the wake.

We had #9329 on allure and loved it. Got to see the aqua shows, movies on the screen, people watch and view of the ocean! It is a farther walk but thats all right. Would book it again in a heartbeat.

Sent from my SM-T217S using Tapatalk

• 4 months later...

I'm looking at my first Oasis class cruise. Have always been a balcony kind of person and I love sitting out and listening to nothing but the waves. But I'm intrigued by the Boardwalk Balcony after reading this thread. I will be traveling with my son, age 13. I could see us really enjoying this balcony! I can get 9329 for about $60 MORE than a regular balcony on a lower deck.

Should I do it? What time do the shows usually end? Will I be able to sit out there at any point of the day and still enjoy the sounds of the sea? I'm just afraid I will miss the quiet time as I'm guessing it is pretty noisy out there much of the day?

Edited by sharse

I'm looking at my first Oasis class cruise. Have always been a balcony kind of person and I love sitting out and listening to nothing but the waves. But I'm intrigued by the Boardwalk Balcony after reading this thread. I will be traveling with my son, age 13. I could see us really enjoying this balcony! I can get 9329 for about $60 MORE than a regular balcony on a lower deck.

Should I do it? What time do the shows usually end? Will I be able to sit out there at any point of the day and still enjoy the sounds of the sea? I'm just afraid I will miss the quiet time as I'm guessing it is pretty noisy out there much of the day?

I would not move from an oceanview balcony to an inside balcony for a lower price, let alone a higher price. There are few enough places to see outside on Oasis class.

We were on the Allure in August (first time on Oasis class) and we had an Oceanview Balcony. We loved it. Very relaxing and often quiet, as you say. So what I'm about to say is only a guess...the Boardwalk will be less quiet. In the mornings, things are pretty slow. Breakfast at Johnny Rocket's, but I doubt you'd hear much from that. But starting in the afternoons and on into the night, this is a pretty busy spot. And the shows themselves are fairly loud. You might like that, because you can watch the shows...but the movies might be another story. Do you really want to watch Guardians Of The Galaxy II late at night? No...you'd rather be in your cabin relaxing on the balcony? Well, you'll HEAR the movie.

I guess it would come down to the type of experience you want. We were actually intrigued by the idea of a Central Park cabin sometime...so I don't blame you for wondering. But if calm is what you're looking for, I'd pick the oceanview. If there's something on the Boardwalk you want to do...just go there! We were on a sold out ship, and no show there was ever completely full...even OCEAN ARIA accomodated all the stand-by patrons.

We have, in the past, loved Central Park balconies--no more! On our last cruise, a week ago, the noise from the pool deck was so loud in our room (with the door closed firmly) that if we had been playing the music ourselves in the room, we would have turned it down. Obviously, we couldn't turn it down. That was pretty much from noon on. It wasn't a problem after dark so we were able to enjoy the quiet music that is generally in Central Park in the evening, and sleeping was, of course, no problem. However, we won't be booking Central Park (or Boardwalk) balconies in the future.

We have, in the past, loved Central Park balconies--no more! On our last cruise, a week ago, the noise from the pool deck was so loud in our room (with the door closed firmly) that if we had been playing the music ourselves in the room, we would have turned it down. Obviously, we couldn't turn it down. That was pretty much from noon on. It wasn't a problem after dark so we were able to enjoy the quiet music that is generally in Central Park in the evening, and sleeping was, of course, no problem. However, we won't be booking Central Park (or Boardwalk) balconies in the future.

What deck were you on?

We've sailed in 9329 too. Loved it and no noise issues. The movie sound tracks will not disturb you with the door closed. The view of the aqua shows (and rehearsals!) was wonderful and you can still see the wake. If you enjoy people watching you will love this cabin. We live nearby the beach at home so water views are no biggie to us and we wanted to try something different. You can get a balcony with a water view on any ship but the "inside" balcony experience is kind of unique. We were very glad we tried it and would definitely do it again.

• Like 1

This was exactly our experience in a Central Park balcony on the Oasis for a January 2017 cruise. We vowed, as you, to never do a Central Park balcony. The Boardwalk balconies we've stayed in have never been as loud even when the Aqua Theater shows are going on. We've liked seeing the activity on the Boardwalk.

• Like 1

We had the same cabin on Allure - actually our kids did, we were across the hall in oceanview. Here's a link to my review with a bunch of pictures of the cabin and its view- hope that helps!

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2486073

Thanks! How the heck did you get THAT much OBC? I'm in awe!!! And, back to the topic of this thread, I ended up going for an ocean view balcony after hearing people say that on Oasis class ships there really isn't much opportunity to see OUT. I need my ocean!!!

Thanks! How the heck did you get THAT much OBC? I'm in awe!!! And, back to the topic of this thread, I ended up going for an ocean view balcony after hearing people say that on Oasis class ships there really isn't much opportunity to see OUT. I need my ocean!!!

I used a website called Cruise Compete- you put your cruise and dates in, and it sends you offers from different travels agents, and you pick the best one!

We got $800+ OBC on two cabins- it was a FAR better deal than any of the others.

Just came back from the Allure 10/8/17 sailing. We were in 8729 and the oceanview balcony across the hall. Had great views of the aqua shows and movies right from the balcony. We could also see the people going up the rock-climbing wall and cheered them on. Great view of the wake as well, and we could look up to see people doing the zip line.

Movies go on past midnight and you can still hear them in the cabin even with the balcony door closed. Didn't bother us, and my son usually watched from the balcony.