Leaving Sunday on the Breeze... What should I know?

schittenden

My wife, five-year old son, and I are leaving on the Breeze on Sunday. We've been on the Pride three times (but not since 2014) and the Liberty (in February). What should we be sure to check out on the Breeze? Anything we should make sure to skip?

Thanks in advance for any tips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get the Thrill theater week long pass. It's pretty cheap like $12-$14 and you get unlimited visits. It's like a Disney ride with 3-D special effects, the seats move and water sprays you. And the movies change regularly. Also, try the Italian place on embarkation day. It's free for lunch (you pay for it at dinner) but no one notices it that first day and it's empty. After that it's packed all the time. And try out the sports deck it's a lot of fun. Free hot dog cart, foosball, pool tables, mini golf, the ropes course, and a bar for drinks.

I was on the Breeze in October last year in a spa balcony cabin. The Breeze is a wonderful ship, the crew was friendly and very efficient. All the things others have already said. We were on deck 11 (me, my sisters and our niece-4 women) and we found a back entrance into the spa. When you go in the back door the shower is immediately to the right. We used the shower in the spa every evening. That shower is much larger than the one in the cabin and your wife might enjoy using it some. They provide towels also.

It just went to dry dock so it's should be sparkling. They added Guys BBQ and an alchemy bar! Haven't tried the BBQ. But have heard great things.

The dry dock was not a total refresh so not exactly sparkling everywhere inside. Guy's BBQ was disappointing and not worth the wait in line. The Digital Pixels was the best addition IMO. So much better than the old way. Still an enjoyable ship.

Lots of cut backs.

I have been on the Breeze 3 times now---great ship and so many activities---take in a movie at night on lido--enjoy serenity...piano bar...dance parties...string trio (if they are still on--great listening), guys burgers...I was never bored and loved every minute!!!

I agree with the poster above about the Thrill Theatre. It would be fantastic for a child of five.

They rotate 5 or 6 films, and preview them at each showing. Each one is maybe 20-30 minutes long so just about right for a young child's attention span.

I hope you enjoy your cruise.

The dry dock was not a total refresh so not exactly sparkling everywhere inside. Guy's BBQ was disappointing and not worth the wait in line. The Digital Pixels was the best addition IMO. So much better than the old way. Still an enjoyable ship.

I thought the BBQ was gross. Mine was served cold. I got the dregs of the baked beans and they were horrible, spit them out.

Thanks again. We're in an Uber heading to the port now. I'm sure we'll have a great time. If the Italian place is still open when we get on board, we're going to check it out. Definitely going to look into the Thrill Theater. Sounds like fun.

Well, the line to check in is pretty awful. I'm guessing people didn't arrive during their check-in windows.

What time did you make it on-board? We leave next Sunday on the Breeze and have a 12:00-12:30 which is about the time you posted the above.

Also you said you used Uber? Was that within Galveston? Thought I read somewhere Galveston didn't allow Uber? We are doing a Hotel park and cruise so it shouldn't matter but was looking to see if Uber was an alternative in Galveston.

What time did you make it on-board? We leave next Sunday on the Breeze and have a 12:00-12:30 which is about the time you posted the above.

Also you said you used Uber? Was that within Galveston? Thought I read somewhere Galveston didn't allow Uber? We are doing a Hotel park and cruise so it shouldn't matter but was looking to see if Uber was an alternative in Galveston.

We took the Uber from Hobby Airport to Galveston. They cannot pick up here. Our check in was 1:30-2:00 and we arrived at 1:40. We were on board about 2:50.