What to do in Grand Cayman?

BubbaLuvin

I was hoping to hit a beach in Grand Cayman, but I read about the tiki beach which is where both beach offerings are. Everything I read said tiki beach is awful. All the other excursions look like dolphin or sting ray or reef encounters.

While Tiki Beach may not be your best choice, I certainly wouldn't call it awful.

As you are tendering, it could be a wait. On our cruise, people were in line 30 minutes before the official expected time the first tender would leave. It did not leave until an hour after the expected time.

7 Mile Beach and Stingray City are two good activities to consider.

As I stated earlier, you really need to check out how many cruise ships will be in port. It will REALLY effect the timing of everything. It took us @ 3 hours just to get off the ship--we did not stand in line to get tender tickets, just waited to the "all clear" announcement. Got off @ 1 pm after a 10 am arrival.

I know there's a website I've used to check what ships are in port each day, but I can't find/remember it. Anyone know what it is?

I know there's a website I've used to check what ships are in port each day, but I can't find/remember it. Anyone know what it is?

Someone gave me three different ones, of course I can't remember them! But I have checked, and all 3 said something different.

I'd love to do that! But I am with someone who is very afraid to actually be in the water.

A thought,

They have a very nice dock area behind what is considered the nicest hotel on Cayman. You do the dive while she enjoys relaxing watching all the goings on. She feels a part of the activity.

I do know to leave more time, but how long will it take to wait for the boat to get back on the ship? If I have to be on the ship at 3:30. Do I need to head back at 1? Will it take 2.5 hours?

No one can give you certainty,,.there could be less traffic, more traffic...who knows...and could be a long line for tenders back to the ship or none at all... there will be longer lines the later it gets,,,.

Allow yourself at least an hour to get back from 7-Mile beach, if you go there. As stated, there is one small road, and it can be "bumper to bumper"...but you can easily see the traffic from the entire beach, so if you see a major slow down of traffic...hop on the next bus and head back! Buses are the cheapest, easiest way to get around GC....stand at the road, and they stop.

allow yourself at least an hour to get back from 7-mile beach, if you go there. As stated, there is one small road, and it can be "bumper to bumper"...but you can easily see the traffic from the entire beach, so if you see a major slow down of traffic...hop on the next bus and head back! Buses are the cheapest, easiest way to get around gc....stand at the road, and they stop.

ty!!!