Should I call or email customer relations?

dickinson

We had an issue with our debarkation tour and would like to contact Princess customer relations to let them know how dissatisfied we were and that we would like a partial refund due to us not being able to go to everything listed as part of the tour. Is it better to just call or to email?

Thanks.

I agree, email first then phone.

We had an excellent resolution from customer relations on a messed up excursion through email.

I eventually received a phone call so that I could further explain the issues.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

In writing with all the specific details. You state you were not able to go to everything listed as part of the tour, which sounds like something was closed. Make sure you read all the fine print regarding tours before you write. This may be something already disclaimed there.

Personally if the position is strong and the amount is large I would use USPS.

In writing with all the specific details. You state you were not able to go to everything listed as part of the tour, which sounds like something was closed. Make sure you read all the fine print regarding tours before you write. This may be something already disclaimed there.

Personally if the position is strong and the amount is large I would use USPS.

Yes there is a disclosure that if that site was closed another specific site would be substituted. That didn't happen either because we were late leaving.

I had good results from email three years ago about a similar complaint. My frustration was increased because it was a shore excursion during our cruise, and the shore excursion desk folks did not try very hard to make me happy--as in did not offer any compensation for our missing part of the promised attractions. The customer service rep called me one week after I sent my email and left me a voicemail. I finally got back to her the next day and she authorized a 50 percent refund--the amount I requested for missing 90 minutes of the itinerary. She also expressed frustration that the shore excursion manager on the ship had not dealt with my complaint. (And I did not let her know that I would have been satisfied with 25 percent refunded if he had.)

We returned on May 4, having been promised on the Island Princess that Customer Relations would call us. No call. Two e-mails have only elicited automated responses promising contact in 2-3 business days, a time period which has run. Today I sent a letter. Our issue is not one in which a random customer service rep can address, hence the promise on board that we would be contacted by the manager of customer relations, who had been briefed.