drinks package $46 yesterday, same today but says 20% off

Hi all,

Just tried to call Royal but they are not open yet to answer this question. Can someone answer this question for me. I have been looking at Cruise Planner regularly as we get closer to our cruise in July on AOS. The deluxe package is advertised as $46. Every few days it says "20% off on board prices, $46/day" But this is still the same price, are they just playing games and appealing to people who do not look regularly so that they think they get a good deal? My FIL called yesterday saying he got an email form Royal offering the refreshment package, on sale for 6 more hours for $18. It's been $18 all along? Anyone else experience this?

On my recent cruise, from the time I booked it until a couple days before embarkation, it was always "20% off at $46/day". The 20% is off the onboard price I believe and not the regular cruise planner price.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The refreshment package is on sale @ 30% off for $18 per day; a couple of weeks ago, it was $26 per day, so I believe that is a good deal!:*

Edited by SilkySal
add word

Our July AOS drink package is now $39/day, $49 including internet. It's saying its 35% off deal. Not sure if it's particular to this sailing.

I'd go for the $39 deal. The $49 with internet is not all that great, especially if you get Surf Only and wait until day 2 to purchase internet.

We're traveling with family in 3 rooms and so 3 of us booked the $49 with internet for one device and we'll sort of appoint one log in to each room. It's also allowing us to give our younger tween her own soda cup to use at the Freestyle machine and the older teen can stream a bit if he wants and is able to get it to connect! I think we paid the same amount last year just for the beer and wine package.

I saw yesterday that the replenish package was on sale for $17. My mom had bought my daughter's package for $26. I told her to call RC. They told her there was no sale and no price difference. I told her to call back today because that was not right. The new person she talked to said it was on sale yesterday but not for Harmony of the Seas. Why would it show up in our cruise planner if it was not for our sailing? Did anyone else get the discounted price on Harmony?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We are sailing in a CLS on Oasis August 20th. I am really torn about drink packages. DW is not a big drinker but loves coffee and DD19 and DS15 are going to be focusing on sodas more than anything. DD will like a specialty coffee in the morning in addition to sodas during the day. I plan to drink a few if not more everyday - wine mostly. Should we take advantage of the complimentary drinks in suite lounge and pay as we go or get drink packages? Previous suite guest suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

We are sailing in a CLS on Oasis August 20th. I am really torn about drink packages. DW is not a big drinker but loves coffee and DD19 and DS15 are going to be focusing on sodas more than anything. DD will like a specialty coffee in the morning in addition to sodas during the day. I plan to drink a few if not more everyday - wine mostly. Should we take advantage of the complimentary drinks in suite lounge and pay as we go or get drink packages? Previous suite guest suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Why don't you wait until you are on the ship to decide. Try getting your drinks from the Suite Lounge one or two days and if that is too inconvenient, then buy the drink package for the last 5 days.

Why don't you wait until you are on the ship to decide. Try getting your drinks from the Suite Lounge one or two days and if that is too inconvenient, then buy the drink package for the last 5 days.

Great advice Bob! I have read numerous posts by you and they are always spot on. It is tough to resist the lure of the Cruise Planner! You are right though - I have already paid a premium price so let's wait and see how that works out before spending more. Can't wait to experience an Oasis Class ship for the first time on August 20th!

I saw yesterday that the replenish package was on sale for $17. My mom had bought my daughter's package for $26. I told her to call RC. They told her there was no sale and no price difference. I told her to call back today because that was not right. The new person she talked to said it was on sale yesterday but not for Harmony of the Seas. Why would it show up in our cruise planner if it was not for our sailing? Did anyone else get the discounted price on Harmony?

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A few weeks ago the replenish package was on sale for our Harmony sailing in August. It was in the cruise planner and I was able to get it. I cancelled my prior purchase and repurchased at the sale price. Maybe it on sale for specific sai!ings?

Yes, this has been reported by others.

The price onboard is usually a minimum of $55/day, so $44 is around a 20% discount.

It's $49 on Jewel this week on board.

For my next cruise I've got a $39 offer too...

Crazy how those prices fluctuate so much.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

We have 2 cruise booked, Sept and Oct..

Our first cruise in Sept on the Allure the deluxe package is:

Prices Starting From* $46.00 USD Adult per day

Price Shown Reflects

20% Discount

However in October on the Harmony its:

Prices Starting From* $48.00 USD Adult per day Price Shown Reflects

20% Discount

Not sure if the extra $2 is for the Harmony, or Oct cruises!

When does cruise planner become available?

I thought they are immediately available, but I don't book my cruise that far in advance (usually 6 months or so at the max) and they have always been available to the best of my knowledge!

When does cruise planner become available?

The Cruise Planner is available as soon as you book. However, the various options to choose in the Cruise Planner (specialty restaurants, MTD reservations, excursions, show reservations (only certain ships), etc.), can open at different and seemingly random times.