Lanyards for kids

Djaesmom

Have to, no.

If they do not want to wear it around their neck, they can half-hitch it to a belt loop, stuffing the card into their pocket.

DD wasn't going to use a lanyard one cruise, she lost it within 30 minutes of boarding. Made her use a lanyard. She put I'd around her purse handle.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Children do not have to carry them on the ship. But, it would be a lot easier. The sea pass card serves as I.D. and it helps them pay things (which you may or may not want).

They will need them when you go ashore. You can easily buy lanyards on the ship they sell them in the gift shop on board. Most kids on board wear lanyards.

Jonathan

Probably a silly question, but do kids have to wear (or carry) a sea pass (I'm not sure if that's the correct term) on a lanyard, or just the adults?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

By all means children can and do wear their key cards on lanyards On HAL ships. Keep in mind all children wear wrist bands thattHAL provides which tell their name and life boat. station. In the event they are a way fromm you in case of an emergency a c rew person will bring them to their life boat station to meet up with you. I don't know if children get those wrist bands on other cruise lines. I h ave also sailed PRINCESS, cELEBRITY, RCI, Carnival (sort of) and NCL but did not notice.

Edited by sail7seas

No one needs a lanyard. I always have pockets, so my card is in my pocket. My wife keeps hers in her purse that she always carries (can't get used to the idea that she doesn't need it). Its probably a good idea for kids to use a lanyard, so they don't lose them.