Aft Facing Cabin on New Amersterdam

mamaofami

In aft SC suite on Westerdam: because of wind/wave motion affecting the stern of the ship (this according to Captain Albert's blog), there may be an odd cork-screw type motion noticed on occasion. It did not bother me, but I did notice it as being "something different".

I had to contend with some soot from the funnels being deposited on the deck and the furniture. (Maybe the Nieuw Amsterdam will be different.) Furniture pads that I usually used, I put inside the stateroom after each use and then took them out again. The Cabin Steward did his daily wipe-down of the veranda, but once/day was not enough. For Room Service Breakfast served on the veranda, I needed to use a bath towel to wipe off the table and chairs prior to the Steward's arrival, just to be sure they were clean.

Watching the wake, watching the night sky: I'd book a stateroom in that area again, however.

The VB cabins are slightly more compact inside on upper veranda deck on New Amsterdam, however the Aft veranda feels slightly larger than non aft cabins. We stayed on the Veranda deck aft on the Eurodam & the room felt three feet deeper than standard verandas & the balcony felt deeper than a standard veranda, making this our favorite cabin type lately. We do not experience the need to wipe anything down on our cabin as ours was under cover from the deck above us,protecting the deck as well. For us, our Motto is: Once you try Aft, you never go back.. ha ha. Good luck with your decision. It is always never wracking until you get on board, but we wish you calm seas and a wonderful cruise. We sail in November and this will be our 3rd Aft booking.

The VB cabins are slightly more compact inside on upper veranda deck on New Amsterdam, however the Aft veranda feels slightly larger than non aft cabins. We stayed on the Veranda deck aft on the Eurodam & the room felt three feet deeper than standard verandas & the balcony felt deeper than a standard veranda, making this our favorite cabin type lately. We do not experience the need to wipe anything down on our cabin as ours was under cover from the deck above us,protecting the deck as well. For us, our Motto is: Once you try Aft, you never go back.. ha ha. Good luck with your decision. It is always never wracking until you get on board, but we wish you calm seas and a wonderful cruise. We sail in November and this will be our 3rd Aft booking.

We stayed in an aft on Eurodam and loved it too. I'm just trying to figure out which deck to take.I want one where there are cabins above and below me so there's less noise. Right now, I'm looking at upper veranda deck.

We had an aft facing verandah on the Nieuw Amsterdam, upper promenade. A bit of soot, nothing terrible. No vibration at all. No noise from below us at all. Our stateroom was very roomy, enough room to put the chair between the sofa and the bedside table, and there was extra space on the other side of the bedside table as well.

The Deck 7 aft staterooms have the most coverage. Aft staterooms means that you can dine on your veranda and have no wind issues while the ship is moving.

All of my cruises on the NA have been aft staterooms. I book early to ensure I always get my favorite aft location.

Love the sound of the wake at night, no foot traffic around the stateroom door, short ride to the Lido Market and MDR, and Room Service breakfast is always hot being close to the kitchen.

Is there anything I should know before booking an aft facing cabin on upper veranda deck on New Amsterdam? Thanks in advance.

I've had cabins on the stern twice on the NA, carol, once on the 25 day Med/TA and again in the Caribbean. Either deck 5 or 6...can't remember. Just don't book deck 4 over the MDR...unless you don't mind hearing the waiters sing happy birthday! [emoji322][emoji323][emoji322]

You've been in them on Noordam... same as on NA.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been in an aft stateroom on Deck 7 on both the Eurodam and the Nieuw Amsterdam and loved them both. I never notice vibration, only the amazing views! I don't remember any soot issues.

We too have had a deck 7 aft facing veranda stateroom on both the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam. To me, they're the best. On a couple of occasions we had a small amount of soot (very small amount) in the morning but the cabin attendants wiped it down so no problem at all.

Thank you everyone. Booked deck 7 aft facing cabin.:):):)

Sheila, I believe from what I've read, that deck 7 is covered by the deck above.

It's a beautiful ship. I love ❤️ the NYC theme...you will too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk