Adventure of the Seas B2B 6/3 Live(ish) Review

Day 11/4: Curaçao

We arrived in Curaçao with a beautiful sunrise off our balcony.

6bc8e00c3775c5271984068d3a814c98.jpg

b0f3153a96b4b3021df75cd61c1532b1.jpg

Our excursion for the day was Aquaboat Tour and Snorkel. An aquaboat is basically a jet ski with a boat motor attached on the back.

b4051e5d2a9e572fddcc24ae5eb0ae55.jpg

While the guides were good, we did not enjoy the aquatour portion. Steering the boats was not as responsive as we felt it needed to be, and the acceleration was inconsistent at best. Getting up to speed was a time consuming process, as there was no in between. We were either puttering along, or flying at an uncomfortably fast speed. Backing the motor down minimally was ineffective, and would dial back more than needed. This made for a very frustrating ride, especially on the open ocean.

The snorkel was nice, though they wanted us to keep our life jackets on, and we were not given flippers. This made snorkeling difficult and very tiring. I am hopeful that I was still able to get some great pictures on the GoPro.

We would definitely not do this excursion again, and quite frankly, would not recommend it. Overall it was not enjoyable for us.

e0dfde6c0111c22c188b523f7ab5467b.jpg

46fb0b4d0b729dd14fa52bddadaf36f1.jpg

Fun times were had when we got back on and I took a shower. Apparently I missed a spot when I put on sunscreen. My suit also rode up on the boat. I have beautiful patches of red on both thighs.

b7cbfd4ae3180794cb609410e0308fd5.jpg

Curaçao was beautiful, and we would love to come back and see the island itself.

Up next: Aruba!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Day 12/5: Aruba

This ended up being our favorite island. We are planning to go back for a land vacation we loved it so much.

0798e76893172a1a9d5d940e2ce5c5a5.jpg

We booked the UTV Adventure. It was fantastic! We had an absolute blast driving around the island, and the scenery was gorgeous.

e6e4c0b42e66382888c17cdfabf7573e.jpg

9239927c17e1345e549918a084e573ce.jpg

ad74c9b3c7ed6083416a610fefe186da.jpg

5be015c05e3d8cee2fa2d1a488bbec6b.jpg

a4ee5cd16e80e5be6f210786c2e8286d.jpg

Hello,

Is there any chance you may have been aware of a cabin flooding situation on Deck 6 near the forward elevators during the final night of the cruise? I have been contacted by the party onboard regarding unreasonable noise from kids roaming the hall around midnight followed by the noise related to cleaning up a flooding mess that seeped from the cabin next door between 1-3:00am. RCCL has nothing on record about the situation that never allowed the people involved to sleep the night prior to disembarkation.

Thanks, Maureen

Hello,

Is there any chance you may have been aware of a cabin flooding situation on Deck 6 near the forward elevators during the final night of the cruise? I have been contacted by the party onboard regarding unreasonable noise from kids roaming the hall around midnight followed by the noise related to cleaning up a flooding mess that seeped from the cabin next door between 1-3:00am. RCCL has nothing on record about the situation that never allowed the people involved to sleep the night prior to disembarkation.

Thanks, Maureen

Do you know the room numbers involved?

We arrived in Curaçao with a beautiful sunrise off our balcony.

6bc8e00c3775c5271984068d3a814c98.jpg

b0f3153a96b4b3021df75cd61c1532b1.jpg

Our excursion for the day was Aquaboat Tour and Snorkel. An aquaboat is basically a jet ski with a boat motor attached on the back.

While the guides were good, we did not enjoy the aquatour portion. Steering the boats was not as responsive as we felt it needed to be, and the acceleration was inconsistent at best. Getting up to speed was a time consuming process, as there was no in between. We were either puttering along, or flying at an uncomfortably fast speed. Backing the motor down minimally was ineffective, and would dial back more than needed. This made for a very frustrating ride, especially on the open ocean.

The snorkel was nice, though they wanted us to keep our life jackets on, and we were not given flippers. This made snorkeling difficult and very tiring. I am hopeful that I was still able to get some great pictures on the GoPro.

We would definitely not do this excursion again, and quite frankly, would not recommend it. Overall it was not enjoyable for us.

e0dfde6c0111c22c188b523f7ab5467b.jpg

46fb0b4d0b729dd14fa52bddadaf36f1.jpg

Fun times were had when we got back on and I took a shower. Apparently I missed a spot when I put on sunscreen. My suit also rode up on the boat. I have beautiful patches of red on both thighs.

b7cbfd4ae3180794cb609410e0308fd5.jpg

Curaçao was beautiful, and we would love to come back and see the island itself.

Up next: Aruba!

Thank you for such great info. We are taking this same cruise next month from Puerto Rico.

CatalinaDays

Hello,

Thanks, Maureen

I know nothing. I can tell you that compared to the 6/3 sailing, the 6/10 sailing had a noticeably larger number of kids on board, and they were quite loud at times. Our room the first week was corner aft, so any noise was non existent. However, the second week we were the first JS past the forward elevators and several nights we had issues getting to sleep.

Sorry I can't help you with the flooding.

I've gotten behind...we got back from the trip, and I hit the ground running. Will try to finish everything today.

Day 13/6:

This was our last Sea Day. It was a very quiet day for us. We slept in, grabbed breakfast, did some people watching (there is a great little alcove in the aft elevator lobby of Deck 12 overlooking the pool deck!), had lunch, took a nap, had some drinks, had dinner, went to bed. Extremely relaxing day!

Day 14/7: St. Kitts

This was our second time on this trip visiting St. Kitts. We booked the Scenic Railway tour. The scenery is beautiful, and the guide very knowledgeable, however, we thought the ride was a little too long. After awhile, we just got bored. It's not that anything was inherently bad, just monotonous after awhile. We wouldn't take it again, and honestly, wouldn't recommend it to our friends.

2217b3e5d2490a62a241c323f2a4bff0.jpg

9eaf1412f9c3adc4054cca2dcab57986.jpg

e7fea5a083754b780faa474cf1a2a635.jpg

08b8ca9d6aff39832695f93db2d7c7e5.jpg

25b40f5a3042aef77d77094de53a0a44.jpg

27916e2cfe160d639169d683e1402983.jpg

Day 15: Disembarking

We booked the Rainforest Tour through the ship. We put our bags outside the night before, which was the first time we've not done self-assist. It was very easy. Our pre-assigned group was 6, but the tour groups was 4. We were called soon after the process began.

It took us a grad total of 10 minutes from scanning our sea pass cards out to being through customs. It was extremely efficient.

We boarded a bus, and took off for the rainforest. It was an easy ride over, and our driver explained what we were seeing as we went.

He took us around the parking lot and explained the trees and plants growing there. That part was quite awkward. We then walked through the path, bought a snack, took the bus up to the waterfall and the tower.

208a6d2f9ded9e635bfc14a6d0280e81.jpg

e3e93241db27c46913bb33b87855d2dd.jpg

9e79911db4607b39dce42227bed2e1e8.jpg

d6e80edb73052bff9506d74e5c2a96d9.jpg

259a670bc6ebced0ae70bb9c04e12c2b.jpg

74aad6a608f316b430686aa1b2214111.jpg

Once everyone was loaded back up, we headed back to the airport. We were staying another night, so once we arrived and collected our luggage we grabbed a cab to take us to our hotel.

We checked in, and then took a cab to OSJ for lunch and to walk around. We dined at Barrachina's. The pina coladas were delicious, and my food was excellent. I had a sweet plantain boat filled with steak and cheese. It was wonderful.

7715101a713b90947dafff0b79665dfd.jpg

07f23714052cb26c344e4c893a2f922f.jpg

After lunch, we walked around OSJ for a bit. We're already planning a trip back, so seeing everything wasn't a must for us. There was a little arts fair going on, so we walked through that, took some pictures, and headed back to the hotel.

99e0293b6b4c15a6ef786f9a2bd204d3.jpg

1cd5d85f5decd031d5244ea09ae2ad60.jpg

From our hotel room, you could see the port. It was bittersweet seeing Adventure lit up and sailing away without us on her. We both agreed that another sailing out of San Juan is definitely on the list.

45d12d5e5b3828997eb4546d4d31162c.jpg

We woke up way too early the next morning, and a cab picked us up at 4:30 to take us to the airport. In all of my research and reading, I missed that we had to go through USDA screening. There was a line, and it added a bit of time to our check-in process. If you are flying during peak times, I could see where it could take longer to get through. Keep that in mind when you are planning your timeline.

We got through security in about 30 minutes because of the priority lane, but the entire process was a cluster. It is woefully inefficient when compared to what we are used to at home. The regular line was very long, and not moving quickly at all. It took forever for people to get their bags and themselves ready for the process.

We got to our gate, boarded, and were on our way. The flights were smooth, connecting in Miami was easy, and we were on the ground in Tampa just before 1:00.

e285cb32225ce18ba2cde5bc99f01d6c.jpg

My last cocktail of the trip.

Overall, we cannot be more pleased with our trip. It was everything we had hoped for and more. Adventure of the Seas and everything about her was fantastic. The food, the crew, the ports, the entertainment. If every ship in the fleet was at the same level, the line would be a force to be reckoned with.

I hope you've enjoyed following along, and if you have any questions, please throw them out there. I'd be happy to answer. I'll have a few more posts of some of the things we bought, and then someone asked for a top 10, so I'll get that done as well.

Happy Sailing!

We checked in, and then took a cab to OSJ for lunch and to walk around. We dined at Barrachina's. The pina coladas were delicious, and my food was excellent. I had a sweet plantain boat filled with steak and cheese. It was wonderful.

7715101a713b90947dafff0b79665dfd.jpg

07f23714052cb26c344e4c893a2f922f.jpg

After lunch, we walked around OSJ for a bit. We're already planning a trip back, so seeing everything wasn't a must for us. There was a little arts fair going on, so we walked through that, took some pictures, and headed back to the hotel.

99e0293b6b4c15a6ef786f9a2bd204d3.jpg

1cd5d85f5decd031d5244ea09ae2ad60.jpg

From our hotel room, you could see the port. It was bittersweet seeing Adventure lit up and sailing away without us on her. We both agreed that another sailing out of San Juan is definitely on the list.

45d12d5e5b3828997eb4546d4d31162c.jpg

We woke up way too early the next morning, and a cab picked us up at 4:30 to take us to the airport. In all of my research and reading, I missed that we had to go through USDA screening. There was a line, and it added a bit of time to our check-in process. If you are flying during peak times, I could see where it could take longer to get through. Keep that in mind when you are planning your timeline.

We got through security in about 30 minutes because of the priority lane, but the entire process was a cluster. It is woefully inefficient when compared to what we are used to at home. The regular line was very long, and not moving quickly at all. It took forever for people to get their bags and themselves ready for the process.

We got to our gate, boarded, and were on our way. The flights were smooth, connecting in Miami was easy, and we were on the ground in Tampa just before 1:00.

e285cb32225ce18ba2cde5bc99f01d6c.jpg

My last cocktail of the trip.

Overall, we cannot be more pleased with our trip. It was everything we had hoped for and more. Adventure of the Seas and everything about her was fantastic. The food, the crew, the ports, the entertainment. If every ship in the fleet was at the same level, the line would be a force to be reckoned with.

I hope you've enjoyed following along, and if you have any questions, please throw them out there. I'd be happy to answer. I'll have a few more posts of some of the things we bought, and then someone asked for a top 10, so I'll get that done as well.

Happy Sailing!

Thank you for such wonderful information. This will be our first cruise with RCI and are looking forward to a wonderful cruise.

Wow, it looks like someone bought some old jetskis with dead engines and strapped the outboards to them. Up here we call that redneck engineering. I guess anyway to make a buck. did you find this excursion on your own? Tell me this wasn't a Royal one? (Though I've had some bad Royal ones.

Wow, it looks like someone bought some old jetskis with dead engines and strapped the outboards to them. Up here we call that redneck engineering. I guess anyway to make a buck. did you find this excursion on your own? Tell me this wasn't a Royal one? (Though I've had some bad Royal ones.

Right?!? We said exactly the same thing about them. We were extremely uncomfortable riding them. They just did not feel safe.

It was through Royal...