Adventure of the Seas B2B 6/3 Live(ish) Review

We are also planning on doing stingray city in Antigua how was it? I am equal parts excited/terrified haha.

Totally worth it!! I was bizarre at first...then swimming around you, brushing your leg as they do, but after awhile you get used to it. Such an amazing experience!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

thanks so much for this review!! going on your leg#2 cruise in August- would really appreciate it if you can post compasses from those also, or at least the flowrider schedule for your next leg!

thanks again and enjoy your cruise

I'll post the compasses once we get off in San Juan.

Day 8/1: Turnaround Day

We slept in, took our time getting ready, and made it to breakfast just before they closed down. The ship started clearing out early, and it was noticeable how much bigger everything felt without people in your way.

We met at 10:45 in the Imperial Lounge to get our new Sea pass cards. There were only 10 or so of us in the room. They brought in the scanning machine, scanned us out, and then scanned us in with our new cards. I was the first person scanned in, and the hubs was second. The others took their time getting their things and coming up to the podium. There was a point where we took a selfie at the entrance to the Royal Promenade where nobody else had exited the Imperial Lounge, so we were literally the only two passengers on board and checked in.

We were originally booked in the same room for both legs, but at the last minute I snagged a Junior Suite guarantee for basically no money. It's our first time in a JS, and once we got in, we knew there was no going back. The extra bit of space, the tub, and the closet. We're in hog heaven. I've already been told to look into upgrading our current bookings when we get back.

4cf0ffaf1dea2a8f8d1b2965213dcd5b.jpg

7142b299675c6c7c4af1c3498a62df7c.jpg

ce5e92814a98ec38ba9513614bfe3596.jpg

Our luggage was waiting for us when we got into our room. We packed the night before, and our room steward took care of moving it. The whole process really could not have been easier.

I went down to Shore Excursions when they opened to try and get us on the Atlantis Submarine excursion for Aruba, since we were cancelled in Barbados. It was sold out prior to the cruise. They put us on the waitlist, and I am hopeful that we will get in.

I purchased the BOGO dining package, and we had Chops night 1. It was quite tasty, as always. I had the crab cake and the bacon as appetizers, a New York strip as my entree, mushrooms, tater tots, and mac as sides, and the cheesecake for dessert. I found the crab cake to be very moist, almost too moist, but good flavor. It has corn in it, which I am not a fan of. I would t order it again for that reason. The bacon is quite possibly my favorite item on the ship. I may just start ordering two. My steak was cooked well, and the sides were sides. The texture of the cheesecake was perfection. Smooth, creamy, and not over cooked.

Appetizers: Crab Cake and Bacon

2891638d33d2f4ad576f4e73279ac8ed.jpg

Entree: New York Strip, half bernaise, half peppercorn

fa39e5cb15b7c829683312d7bcfb7fd2.jpg

Dessert: Cheesecake

8318e69c670139114fd9d83891777929.jpg

Edited by cruisinfromtampa
My day count was off. I'm at the Champagne Bar...

Day 9/2: St. Thomas

Morning views:

0a7db822242c6f0db66aa5123fff77d9.jpg

We arrived in St. Thomas, an island we were very excited to be visiting. Everyone I know told us how much we would love it, and they were right. This is the first island where we both agreed without hesitation that we want to come back for a week.

We had a late excursion departure, so we took our time getting up and ready. Grabbed breakfast in the WJ and made our way off the ship.

We milled about the port area, picked up a keychain, and then lined up for our excursion. We did the BOSS underwater adventure. It was amazing!

The guides were great, and the views were stunning. The cove they take you to is breathtaking! I've included some pictures below, but the underwater shots have to wait until we get back so I can pull them off the GoPro. I pulled one up on the screen and took a photo of the screen, but it doesn't do them justice.

f8eb525ef57ce231143a17eaf7563495.jpg

b62ffb949c93ba5741330e184a32abe1.jpg

b879fe2aa692240ec6ed950d79eae44c.jpg

4a74cfea41c2e90aa1c4a8decf024749.jpg

244e09cf3efc7d590b224a40504c0fb6.jpg

Great review, I love following it! Can I ask how you bagged your JS? Did you just ask at Guest Relations? I'm doing the B2B in September in the same cabin (a balcony on deck 9) but would love to try a JS.

There were rumors about St. Lucia being changed to Martinique on our first leg, so I did a dummy booking of it. It showed the itinerary change. I figured I would do one of the second leg just to check if anything had changed, and while nothing had, the current prices popped up. I knew what I paid originally, and thought the difference was too good to be true. I called RC to inquire about changing, and was able to do so.

Was there any indication by Royal Caribbean for how long they will not be going to St Lucia . Scheduled to visit at start of August.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

None. We were supposed to have been there. Everyone who called was told there was 100% no way we would have an itinerary change. We got an email at 9pm the night before departure notifying us of the change.

Day 10/3: Sea Day

We woke up this morning, pulled open our curtains, and found that not only were we not loving, there was a boat off the port side.

A rescue boat was quickly put into the water, and the passengers were brought aboard.

As it turns out, the two men had been adrift for 30 days. They started out in St. Lucia, and the currents took them into our path, traveling from St. Thomas to Curaçao. They survived on fish that they caught and rain water they collected.

They were ok health wise, and made the journey with us to Curaçao. Their boat had to be left behind.

4724391e426e5b4c6175f6de3cf1b2ec.jpg

014d71d75b7ea14c76099956cc9342bd.jpg

62a934390adeec22c33b46d78fa2a52c.jpg

None. We were supposed to have been there. Everyone who called was told there was 100% no way we would have an itinerary change. We got an email at 9pm the night before departure notifying us of the change.

Thank you, And excellent reviews.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

Very much enjoying your review. In the end I hope you'll give us your top ten favorite experiences on your B2B.

Day 10/3: Sea Day

We woke up this morning, pulled open our curtains, and found that not only were we not loving, there was a boat off the port side.

A rescue boat was quickly put into the water, and the passengers were brought aboard.

As it turns out, the two men had been adrift for 30 days. They started out in St. Lucia, and the currents took them into our path, traveling from St. Thomas to Curaçao. They survived on fish that they caught and rain water they collected.

They were ok health wise, and made the journey with us to Curaçao. Their boat had to be left behind.

4724391e426e5b4c6175f6de3cf1b2ec.jpg

014d71d75b7ea14c76099956cc9342bd.jpg

62a934390adeec22c33b46d78fa2a52c.jpg