Address on ID

Maggiemay6

Hello! My family and I will be on a Carnival cruise soon and I was wondering if they accept a drivers update card along with my drivers license? I moved several months ago and when I went to the department of transportation to change my address on my license...they gave me a "drivers update card" with my current address on it. Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you in advance:)!!

Hello! My family and I will be on a Carnival cruise soon and I was wondering if they accept a drivers update card along with my drivers license? I moved several months ago and when I went to the department of transportation to change my address on my license...they gave me a "drivers update card" with my current address on it. Does anyone know anything about this? Thank you in advance:)!!

Go to the carnival cruise line corporate website http://www.carnival.com and look there. Most of the time a US drivers license is not a valid form of ID unless it is an enhanced drivers license. There should be a page on their website about acceptable boarding documents and ID requirements.

Honestly, safest thing to do is travel with a passport. Even if somebody says one is not necessary for a cruise, if you get stuck for whatever reason and miss the ship (say medical reason) you usually cannot fly back into the USA unless you have a valid passport.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

UPNYGuy is correct with this little addition.

For checking in and debark, you'll need your DL and BC.

For other ports, just your DL.

Was your old DL marked invalid? Is the update card valid for ID? Or only when presented with your old card? In some states, the paper ID, even with a picture, is not valid as ID. California is like this.

Passports are not required for most U.S. based cruises - but are highly recommended. I would never travel to a foreign country without one.9

You cannot fly without a passport. Expenses caused by not having a passport (e.g. extra air fare and expenses to catch up to the ship) may not be covered by travel insurance.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337Z using Forums mobile app

They are not concerned with the address on your license. Just present the old license as they only verify the photo and match the name listed. Keep the update card if you need to prove your change of address for some reason.

Passports are not required for most U.S. based cruises - but are highly recommended. I would never travel to a foreign country without one.9

Ditto. Hard to be in an unexpected situation.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

All you need is a government issued ID with your name and photo on it (don't worry about the address, people change addresses all the time) AND your birth certificate. Not sure how 'soon' you are leaving, but to get a passport you must mail in your birth certificate. So if you are within 8 weeks of the trip, I wouldn't take the chance if there being mail issues you ending up with no passport and no birth certificate.