Wine package and Koningsdam dining venues

Divi

Has anyone had experience with purchasing a wine package on the Koningsdam and using it in the various dining areas?

I understand the CAC dinner includes wine.

With so many wonderful choices , we likely won't be in the MDR as as frequently this cruise.

Thanks

No matter what ship you are on you can enjoy your bottle of wine in the different venues.

You can also have a bottle stored at say for example, the Lido and use it in the Canaletto.

If it is a bottle from the MDR and if I know I am dining in a specialty restaurant the next night, I let my dining stewards know so they aren't looking for us and our wine steward and ask him/her to forward it for us. Saves time.

Thanks for your replies. That is what we have done on other cruises but we have always chosen fixed, late dining.

This cruise we are trying anytime dining and hoping to eat at least once in the other venues.

I was wondering if it would be more confusing than what it was worth.

Deen

Thanks for your replies. That is what we have done on other cruises but we have always chosen fixed, late dining.

This cruise we are trying anytime dining and hoping to eat at least once in the other venues.

I was wondering if it would be more confusing than what it was worth.

Deen

We've always done anytime dining and usually buy a wine package. We often dine in the alternative venues. We usually drink half a bottle per dinner, so we ask the waiter to put the bottle aside for us for the next night. If we know where we will dine the next night we have them take the bottle there. If we don't know where we will dine, we ask them to keep it in the MDR. It has always worked well.

You mentioned you will dine in the Culinary Arts Center. Yes, they have wine included in the meal and they pour freely.

Enjoy the Koningsdam. We loved her.

Has anyone had experience with purchasing a wine package on the Koningsdam and using it in the various dining areas?

I understand the CAC dinner includes wine.

With so many wonderful choices , we likely won't be in the MDR as as frequently this cruise.

Thanks

I like the wine packages, but sometimes they can be a hassle. When we have Anytime dining, it often takes awhile to find the wine steward and them for them to retrieve my bottle. Second, I have had the Pinnacle wine steward be "put off" by having to go get my bottle.

I like the wine packages, but sometimes they can be a hassle. When we have Anytime dining, it often takes awhile to find the wine steward and them for them to retrieve my bottle. Second, I have had the Pinnacle wine steward be "put off" by having to go get my bottle.

Have had the same impression in The Pinnacle.

Maybe the best way to fill in the time is to buy a glass of wine at a bar and take it into your dining venue, sipping calmly and happily while waiting for the wine steward.:)

We haven't had any problem with Wine Stewart's finding our "left over wine" in the wine package bottles or those we bring on the cruise at any venue. We never have any wine left in our bottles after the meal :). New meal...new bottle!