Seafood on the Escape

tawaik

There isn't a dedicated seafood restaurant on Escape as there is on Breakaway (Ocean Blu) however Bayamo offers a lobster dish and you will find seafood offerings in Le Bistro. The MDR will have some kind of fish offerings as well.

No restaurant that specializes in seafood on the Escape... you certainly can get seafood in various main dining room's as well as Cagney's , Le Bistro and food republic ...but no specific seafood restaurant...like Ocean Blue on the Getaway

Food Republic has a lobster roll, sushi and other small plate seafood items on their menu. All are very good and the cost is reasonable. Just be aware their hours are limited. Teppanyaki restaurant has quite a few seafood entrees also. Typical of similar restaurants landside.

Cruise ships typically don't have scads of seafood...just the basic stuff...shrimp, lobster tail (usually), salmon and some other sort of fish. All are "previously frozen" as is most seafood in the USA. Seems odd that while you're cruising thru where "seafood" lives, that you can't get "fresh"...but that's the way it is!

Seems odd that while you're cruising thru where "seafood" lives, that you can't get "fresh"...but that's the way it is!

You can if you cruise on a Carnival ship that has a Seafood Shack that offers fresh seafood whenever they dock at a port where it can be obtained.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

No restaurant that specializes in seafood on the Escape... you certainly can get seafood in various main dining room's as well as Cagney's , Le Bistro and food republic ...but no specific seafood restaurant...like Ocean Blue on the Getaway

Thanks for your reply.

We sailed the Getaway last year and I was hoping that Ocean Blue was on the Escape. There are still good options with our UDP :).

Cruise ships typically don't have scads of seafood...just the basic stuff...shrimp, lobster tail (usually), salmon and some other sort of fish. All are "previously frozen" as is most seafood in the USA. Seems odd that while you're cruising thru where "seafood" lives, that you can't get "fresh"...but that's the way it is!

Yes, go figure! LOL!

What is that pan fried flounder dish on the every day menu like? DH loves seafood (the only protein he'll eat out) and avoids deep fried food.

We've been sailing on Oceania lately, but looking at the NCL menus...he's going to have issues. He never had a problem on NCL on prior cruises because salmon was on the every day back then.

I almost wish they had one popular high end non-shell fish dish as an extra pay on the MDR menu (a taste of Ocean Blu type dish) on the smaller vessels.

My wife and I are pescatarians (only eat veggies and seafood) and we had no issues at all on the Escape. There was salmon available every evening and also seafood available at the MDR lunch menu. Also the buffet had seafood always available. Rarely fried.

I would definitely recommend Food Republic as well as the other specialty restaurants as well. Cagneys had an amazing sea bass.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk