Which night will be white night?

pickypicky

When is the White Night likely to be? Is there any formula? We're on a 9 night cruise leaving in a few days. I've never been on such a short cruise:( so am not even sure that there will be one. Can anyone help me? I'm trying to decide when I want to reserve specialties and when I want to plan to enjoy a restaurant in one of the ports. Thanks!

Sorry, not sure which night it will be, but there will be one. When you go to the reservations desk to book speciality restaurants ( either in Discoveries bar on embarkation day or just inside the main entrance to Windows) ask them, they will know when it is planned.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

It would be most unusual not to have a White Night on an Azamara cruise. Indeed, we have had one in the middle of the Atlantic on a TA..the ship was slowed down so that it could take place and we enjoyed a wonderful evening.

There ( as far as I know) isn't a formula but, if you look at your itinerary, then you can probably predict it.

Do you have any late nights in port that don't involve an AzAmazing Evening? If so, then that evening would probably be a very good guess.

For example, on the 12th June Quest cruise the AzAmazing Evening is in Sorrento and the only other late departure is Chania so that would be a distinct possibility.

Once you board ( or even before you board) there will be crew from the speciality restaurants taking bookings and they will have a list of the evening events for the cruise.

The others are correct, there doesn't seem to be a formula for when the White Nights party will take place. It is determined by the ship personnel, based on a variety of factors.

Enjoy your cruise pickypicky! I hope you'll come back on this thread and let us know how your cruise & White Night party were!

We are booked for the upcoming June 12 Quest cruise and, since this is our first AZ cruise, I assumed White Night would take place the day we are at sea...wouldn't that make sense so that it doesn't interfere with people's excursions? I guess I'm wrong...

We are booked for the upcoming June 12 Quest cruise and, since this is our first AZ cruise, I assumed White Night would take place the day we are at sea...wouldn't that make sense so that it doesn't interfere with people's excursions? I guess I'm wrong...

Unless they slow the ship as someone described above, White Night must be done in port as they are cooking on deck with open flames.

A complete list of Az Evening, White Night, theme buffets in Windows, tendering ports, and time zone changes is in the first day's edition of Pursuits.

On a late night in port/ tendered is much more likely. The winds/gusts can be quite high when at sea which wouldn't make for an enjoyable night.

If the weather is too bad then the party will be held indoors (most likely in the cabaret lounge).

This is still a lovely night but doesn't have the atmosphere of a party on deck.

On a late night in port/ tendered is much more likely. The winds/gusts can be quite high when at sea which wouldn't make for an enjoyable night.

If the weather is too bad then the party will be held indoors (most likely in the cabaret lounge).

This is still a lovely night but doesn't have the atmosphere of a party on deck.

True...thank you!

Now I'm curious, although normally I wouldn't care.

We're on the Norwegian Fjords trip in 2018. Don't have an overnight except in Edinburgh at the very beginning of the cruise. The only late nights in port is way up in Honnigsvag, in the far north, or Tromso, still above the Arctic Circle, which would probably mean white parkas out on the pool deck. Doesn't make much sense. So, would they do White Nights so early in the cruise? (Azamazing is in Bergen.)

Now I'm curious, although normally I wouldn't care.

We're on the Norwegian Fjords trip in 2018. Don't have an overnight except in Edinburgh at the very beginning of the cruise. The only late nights in port is way up in Honnigsvag, in the far north, or Tromso, still above the Arctic Circle, which would probably mean white parkas out on the pool deck. Doesn't make much sense. So, would they do White Nights so early in the cruise? (Azamazing is in Bergen.)

Wendy, more than likely White Nite will be as you cruise thru Troll Fjord as it was for us last year. You leave Svoelar and Troll Fjord isn't far away and they go rather slow thru that area during the whole White Night experience. A lot of fun was had by all. As to Honningvaag, we were in shirt sleeves for most of the day except for our Bird Safari cruise and not really cold at all for that. Also shirt sleeves for Tromso. Remember, not like Alaska with the gulf stream keeping Norway very temperate.

We are also on a 9 night med cruise coming soon , Azamazing eve in Sorrento, the only other late departure on this cruise is from Crete, so would I be right in thinking this could be the White party night ? :cool: