Price Increases

woodards

Interested in booking cruise in Aug and had priced all room categories up on Sunday. Came to book today and every single category has gone up by £200 to £300. Is this common and how likely do people think the prices might revert to original.

I know we should have booked at weekend but needed to confirm leave from work!!!

Thanks.

Interested in booking cruise in Aug and had priced all room categories up on Sunday. Came to book today and every single category has gone up by £200 to £300. Is this common and how likely do people think the prices might revert to original.

I know we should have booked at weekend but needed to confirm leave from work!!!

Thanks.

Prices go up! Prices go down! That's why I suggest to people that they book when they are satisfied with the price. If it's August this year you are most likely in final payment and they had a special just to fill the ship. In this case the chances of reductions are slight. If your cruise is in 2018 I would view the chances of reductions to increase. Keep checking.

Prices go up! Prices go down! That's why I suggest to people that they book when they are satisfied with the price. If it's August this year you are most likely in final payment and they had a special just to fill the ship. In this case the chances of reductions are slight. If your cruise is in 2018 I would view the chances of reductions to increase. Keep checking.

Thanks. Actually for this year but still outside of final payment window. Probably have to stomach increase.

Thanks.

Many times the prices drop after final payment because people cancel before they get into penalty phase. In the US many cancel just before final payment. I know you can't do that in Britain.

Not sure how accurate this is but when I booked I mentioned that I was going to transfer to a TA if they couldn't give me any extra perks.

Rep gave me a bunch of reasons why I should stay booked with X one I am sure was that once in the penalty phase that you still get the benefit of a price reduction but not after final payment if with a TA.

Not sure how accurate this is but when I booked I mentioned that I was going to transfer to a TA if they couldn't give me any extra perks.

Rep gave me a bunch of reasons why I should stay booked with X one I am sure was that once in the penalty phase that you still get the benefit of a price reduction but not after final payment if with a TA.

Smells like sour grapes to me! I'd check out the truth of that answer with a reputable TA.

Then again, things may be different in Canada and the US

Thanks. Actually for this year but still outside of final payment window. Probably have to stomach increase.

UK final payment date is much later than the US, unless you book through a TA and they usually ask for payment before the 57 day mark as it goes through their accounts (unlike in the US where X take the payment directly). As the deposits are non refundable over here, you find far less cancellations close to our FP date than is the norm when the US final payment date is approaching.

The price may have risen because of a new promotion. Not saying this is the case in this instance, but sometimes if X are offering say 2 perks instead of one, then the base price may rise to cover the difference of the added perk. What's left in the inventory also gives you a good indication if there is any chance of an imminent price drop. Our July cruise has only risen and currently the inside cabins are virtually the same cost as we paid for a balcony - very few cabins are left, hence supply and demand causing prices to rise.

UK final payment date is much later than the US, unless you book through a TA and they usually ask for payment before the 57 day mark as it goes through their accounts (unlike in the US where X take the payment directly). As the deposits are non refundable over here, you find far less cancellations close to our FP date than is the norm when the US final payment date is approaching.

The price may have risen because of a new promotion. Not saying this is the case in this instance, but sometimes if X are offering say 2 perks instead of one, then the base price may rise to cover the difference of the added perk. What's left in the inventory also gives you a good indication if there is any chance of an imminent price drop. Our July cruise has only risen and currently the inside cabins are virtually the same cost as we paid for a balcony - very few cabins are left, hence supply and demand causing prices to rise.

Actually managed to get the price lower than I had actually been quoted at the weekend. Was able to prove quote and a certain TA was willing to price match and offer half price gratuities. In the end it represented >10% discount form going with Celbrity direct. So very happy without outcome. Price has since gone up another £300.