Anthem of the Seas Question regarding RipCord by IFly

The sailing that I am going on is not accepting any additional online reservations for this Activity. Does this mean that I am locked out for the entire cruise and will not be able to do this OR are there reservations available on board?

I'm pretty sure they leave spots open for those who book on board. We booked ours ahead of time . But our Northstar that we booked online was cancelled due to wind and rough waves, and they let us go another slot. I would go when you board to I fly and try to see time slots they have and book it right away. We loved it don't miss it!

I'd first try calling RCCL to see if an agent can book it for you--sometimes the website is glitchy. If they say there are no more spots, keep looking until you cruise--something may open up. If not, people have said that when they board they've used the Royal IQ App (free for the app) to book or switch activities and that they've found openings onboard on the app that weren't available when they checked on line at home.

When we did the Mediterranean run last year each person had a one flight entitlement which was booked on board. One of the many queues we encountered. For the second week of the cruise you could get in a standby queue for an additional flight.

Don't know if this is the policy for the shorter Caribbean cruises.

The sailing that I am going on is not accepting any additional online reservations for this Activity. Does this mean that I am locked out for the entire cruise and will not be able to do this OR are there reservations available on board?

I just returned from the May 25th - June 3rd Anthem cruise. RipCord by iFly was completed sold out for this cruise. I made a reservation about six weeks prior to the cruise. You can check at the iFly desk on deck 15 as soon as you arrive to see if any spots are available. You may need to have a very flexible schedule.

This is much more difficult to book than the North Star. I did book a spot on the North Star early in the cruise; by the final sea day people were able to just show up and board without any wait.

Keep checking your cruise planner. Mine reopened for on-line booking of both iFly and NorthStar about 72 hours before sailing. Also, I was not able to find availability when I searched for 3 people, but when I broke my party down to 2 and 1 I was able to get back-to-back time slots. We were able to all go together because some people in my kids' class chickened out.

That said, it is totally possible to do it once on the ship, as they hold lots of slots available for that purpose. When we showed up for our time on the first at sea day, there was a group that showed up an hour late for theirs because they forgot to change their clocks, and they were allowed to re-book. But by that time, though, there were only times during port days.So unless you don't care about time in port, go first thing to the desk to book your slot. Good luck! We had a great time! But remember, each person only flies for 60 seconds, so if you don't get a time, it's not going to break your trip!

Enjoy Anthem! We absolutely loved her!

I just returned from the May 25th - June 3rd Anthem cruise. RipCord by iFly was completed sold out for this cruise. I made a reservation about six weeks prior to the cruise. You can check at the iFly desk on deck 15 as soon as you arrive to see if any spots are available. You may need to have a very flexible schedule.

This is much more difficult to book than the North Star. I did book a spot on the North Star early in the cruise; by the final sea day people were able to just show up and board without any wait.

Thanks for relating that.

Number of slots for I-fly usually falls way short of demand, especially on shorter sailings and those with lots of kids. Keep trying online, but if slots don't open up recommend you get to ship as early as possible (by 11am, ignore the check in time on your boarding pass) and once aboard ask if they are taking reservations. On our last Anthem sailing they had a table set up in Bolero. It had a very long line.

Thank you all so much! I have been completely stressed because 2 of my friends and I are celebrating the big 5-0 and this is our gift to ourselves. The ONLY thing that I wanted to do was this IFly thing. I didn't realize that you could book everything online in advance. I was DEVASTATED to learn that it was all booked up-- to the point that I called what I thought was corporate to see if there was anything they could do to secure a spot. I got 2 different stories: 1. There would be spots available when I board and 2. Whoever told you that there would be spots available doesn't know what they are talking about and they are going to look into who told me that. Too much drama. I was disappointed at the conflicting reports and that both parties worked for Royal Caribbean and two totally different answers. Thank you for reading and trying to assist. I will go immediately upon boarding to the desk to try to secure a spot.

When we did the Quantum sailing it was fully booked, I hung about at the idly desk and got a slot after a 5 minute wait, seems that some people don't turn up for their appointment and then they let me jump in.

I would not give up hope. We were on the May 5th sailing to Bermuda. We did make a reservation in our cruise planner about 100 days out, but the time wasn't ideal. We were able to select a different available time through the application on our first sea day for both iFly and Northstar.

There were people who didn't show for their reservation and they did allow a couple of people to join our group at the last second as well to replace the no shows.

Definitely keep checking your cruise planner, but if all else fails, I would check the app or their desk for availability upon boarding. :)

jlstwinmommy

Thank you all so much! I have been completely stressed because 2 of my friends and I are celebrating the big 5-0 and this is our gift to ourselves. The ONLY thing that I wanted to do was this IFly thing. I didn't realize that you could book everything online in advance. I was DEVASTATED to learn that it was all booked up-- to the point that I called what I thought was corporate to see if there was anything they could do to secure a spot. I got 2 different stories: 1. There would be spots available when I board and 2. Whoever told you that there would be spots available doesn't know what they are talking about and they are going to look into who told me that. Too much drama. I was disappointed at the conflicting reports and that both parties worked for Royal Caribbean and two totally different answers. Thank you for reading and trying to assist. I will go immediately upon boarding to the desk to try to secure a spot.

If you get no joy pre-cruise I would suggest making it your first port of call whenever they open on embarkation day, just be prepared to get in the standby queue.

Those guys are absolute rock stars, they carried my 16 year old disabled daughter up two flights of stairs so she could do her flight. The disabled lift was not working & they could have quite easily pulled the health & safety card and refused. Then the following week when we asked if the lift had been fixed they said it hadn't but were still happy to carry her up again if a standby spot came up. One happy daughter one hefty tip for the team, priceless.

If it was the sailing this Thursday June 8 I'd be more than happy to give you my reservation. Let me know if it is.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

OP, download the Royal IQ app once you get on the ship. While others may be standing in line to get a reservation, you can just click and have one.

Install at home now and try to connect in the terminal - that extra head start might make a diff.